Annual Dues Auto-Pay

this is awesome. i always do the one up front payment in January. So going forward if I set up the auto-pay it just debits my bank account monthly ?
Yep! And if you happen to get a Disney gift card or Disney Visa Rewards card, you can make a one-time payment and it will be applied to the next payment that’s due.

We use the lump sum method so that we get the credit card rewards. Can't use a credit card for the auto-pay option.

Sorry to revive an old thread but it seemed to make more sense posting to this thread rather than start a new one.

I am a new owner this year. Do I need to pay the full dues amount now and sign up for auto-pay (to start pre-paying 2021 dues) or does auto-pay cover 2020 dues? My husband has called member services multiple times and cannot get a straight answer. We don't want our dues to be late/unpaid by enrolling in auto-pay if it is intended as a "savings account" so to speak for 2021 dues.

Thank you!

Sorry to revive an old thread but it seemed to make more sense posting to this thread rather than start a new one.

I am a new owner this year. Do I need to pay the full dues amount now and sign up for auto-pay (to start pre-paying 2021 dues) or does auto-pay cover 2020 dues? My husband has called member services multiple times and cannot get a straight answer. We don't want our dues to be late/unpaid by enrolling in auto-pay if it is intended as a "savings account" so to speak for 2021 dues.

Thank you!

You can go in your account today and set up auto pay. It will begin with your 2020 dues.

You can go in your account today and set up auto pay. It will begin with your 2020 dues.

Thank you! We set up autopay but got worried that it is to prepay 2021 dues and wanted to make sure we didn’t also need to pay 2020 dues now.

Thank you! We set up autopay but got worried that it is to prepay 2021 dues and wanted to make sure we didn’t also need to pay 2020 dues now.

The good thing is that even with dues being due by January 15th, they give you until Feb 15th to get them paid without a penalty. So, if for some reason it doesn’t take it next week, you can make a one time payment with a Disney Gift Card and then monitor for the next month. But I set up my RIV dues just a few weeks ago and it looks ready to go

Yep! And if you happen to get a Disney gift card or Disney Visa Rewards card, you can make a one-time payment and it will be applied to the next payment that’s due.
Can do this each month or only once? In other words if my payment was $133 per month and I had a $100 gift card each month, could I apply the $100 gift card each month? Have you done this before? Thanks in advance.

Can do this each month or only once? In other words if my payment was $133 per month and I had a $100 gift card each month, could I apply the $100 gift card each month? Have you done this before? Thanks in advance.
Yes.

Yes. If you have autopay setup, you can still go into your account at anytime and make a payment. And you can do that as often as you like.

So, as an example; If your monthly dues are $133 (which they will take out on the 15th), and you make a payment today (the 12th) of $100, then on the 15th, they will deduct $33 from your bank account.

If you were to make a $200 payment today, then they'd take nothing this month and $66 in February.

Paying extra won't cancel the autopay.

Steve

I'm wondering if I did something wrong when I made a payment earlier today. My autopay amount is $508. I just used a gift card and made a $489 payment. Now it says the autopay is $455. Sure it went down some but not down to $19.

I paid "by contract" (I have 13, some already paid in full as I prepaid quite a bit throughout 2019). I will likely pay $500 more before the 15th, should I pay differently then "by contract?"

I'm wondering if I did something wrong when I made a payment earlier today. My autopay amount is $508. I just used a gift card and made a $489 payment. Now it says the autopay is $455. Sure it went down some but not down to $19.

I paid "by contract" (I have 13, some already paid in full as I prepaid quite a bit throughout 2019). I will likely pay $500 more before the 15th, should I pay differently then "by contract?"
I don't think you did anything wrong. The same thing happened to me yesterday when I paid with a GC - it looks like they subtracted the amount I paid from the total still due and then averaged that over 12 months, leaving a smaller payment to be taken out on January 15 than previously expected. Last year it functioned as @Fangorn stated above. So maybe they changed their process, or maybe it was a fluke - we'll just wait and see.

ETA - just realized that I applied the entire GC to just one of our two contracts. That contract now is shown as having the next autopay taken in March. The contract I didn’t pay on will have the normal payment taken out on January 15. So the system is still working as @Fangorn described.

Last edited:

I think what you are seeing is what it would be if they apply that $489 over each payment for the year?

Yes. If you have autopay setup, you can still go into your account at anytime and make a payment. And you can do that as often as you like.

So, as an example; If your monthly dues are $133 (which they will take out on the 15th), and you make a payment today (the 12th) of $100, then on the 15th, they will deduct $33 from your bank account.

If you were to make a $200 payment today, then they'd take nothing this month and $66 in February.

Paying extra won't cancel the autopay.

Steve
Thanks Steve.

ETA - just realized that I applied the entire GC to just one of our two contracts. That contract now is shown as having the next autopay taken in March. The contract I didn’t pay on will have the normal payment taken out on January 15. So the system is still working as @Fangorn described.
I think what you are seeing is what it would be if they apply that $489 over each payment for the year?

I thought of this last night after I asked the question. I did similar, applied the payment to 3 of my contracts that had a balance (wiping out two of them), but none towards the rest. I should have spread it across all contracts and then I'm guessing it would have worked the way I expected. I will try later with the additional $500 payment I intend to make and will report back.

I thought of this last night after I asked the question. I did similar, applied the payment to 3 of my contracts that had a balance (wiping out two of them), but none towards the rest. I should have spread it across all contracts and then I'm guessing it would have worked the way I expected. I will try later with the additional $500 payment I intend to make and will report back.

I can confirm that was the problem. Today I made another payment spread across all my contracts (equal to the auto pay amount for each) and now I have no auto pay scheduled until February.

For those of you who paid it all to one contract, call member accounting and ask them to adjust it.

Thanks for the tip. I personally won't need to do that because I planned on making an additional payment anyway, but it's definitely good to know that's an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter