Annual dues due - UY or January?

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
When do annual dues come due if you buy later in the year? If we buy in September do we pay dues in January or next September (assuming September UY)?

Yep, it's always the same due date for everyone. The exception would be the year you make a purchase. You will be charged pro-rated dues for the year and the bill will come approx 30-45 days after closing. You will have to pay that and then in January the next years dues will be payable or can be set up for monthly payments.

The pro-rated tax is for direct purchases. Not if you buy resale. Monthly payment must be from a US bank checking account.

The pro-rated tax is for direct purchases. Not if you buy resale. Monthly payment must be from a US bank checking account.

A bill doesn't come after a resale purchase. It is part of the contract purchase itself.

If you don't wish to pay an annual lump sum and don't have a US bank account (I don't as I live in UK and don't want one) you can spread the cost by making advance payments.
To do this select 'Pay by contract' in the annual dues payment screen, then click 'pay other amount' and put in how much you want to pay. Don't worry that the balance is nil.
Select your card, submit payment, and you get a pop up saying total amount exceeds dues balance. Click submit payment again and it's added to a credit 'The overpayment will remain in the account as a credit balance, and will be applied to next year's dues'.
This way I'm always in credit, and when January comes I'm not paying a couple of grand in dues.
I obviously lose a bit of interest on the money, but it's hardly anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!