Annual Pass and Dining Plan

emma'smom

<font color=magenta>P.S. Who would serve turnips a
If I buy annual passes, am I correct in assuming that I no longer qualify for the dining plan because I would be making hotel reservations separately whenever we wanted to pop down to Orlando? This just doesn't seem fair!

You can only get the dining plan as part of a package which includes at minimum a 1 day ticket and a resort stay.

emma'smom said:
If I buy annual passes, am I correct in assuming that I no longer qualify for the dining plan because I would be making hotel reservations separately whenever we wanted to pop down to Orlando? This just doesn't seem fair!

Thats correct unless you rented points from a DVC member, in that case you would be eligible to purchase the DP

The Disney Dining Plan is only open to guests staying on a Magic Your Way Package that includes a hotel stay and MYW tickets. The only exception to this rule is DVC members, who were recently added to the plan.

With the annual pass you can buy a Disney Dining Experience card, which allows for a 20% discount off of your total purchase for up to 5 people. It cost $75 last year and we got a $25 discount off the price with the annual pass. The price may have gone up $5 this year. It's good for just about all Disney park and resort sit down restaurants (including Chef Mickey's) and certain dinner shows (like Hoop de do). It also includes discounts off of alcohol at the resort bars. So for the $50 price, the card paid for itself after a few days and is good for one full year. Check it out. You can apply via phone or fax and if you don't have time to wait before your next visit, ask them to email you a letter that you can use if the actual dining membership card doesn't arrive in time.

Does the DDE card expire 1 year from the date you buy it or one year from first use?

I got my DDE card last April/May...it expires at the end of May. It kind of depends on when you order it. But it is usually 1 year after you buy it...not from date of first use like an AP.
Now, I have my DDE..it expires in May, but I will be renewing it for our Oct trip. It has saved me a ton so far. I was going back and forth about doing the DDP since we are DVC owners. But, after sitting with the menus, and my calculator, I have decided to just use my DDE card. We come out to about $100 less using the DDE card...and we like to eat at at least one good table service a day.

Agree with the DDE comments. We've saved a ton of money the last year and a half using the DDE card. And it's nice not having to plan every meal so you use the dining plan credits correctly etc. DDE just makes eating meals more relaxed, and the servers take better care of you because they know you'll be tipping them :)

Have to agree AGAIN with the DDE card - we have had ours for a year, used it for 2 trips, and will be able to get one more trip out of it and have saved SOOOOO MUCH $$$$ - it is especially worth it for the character meals (which we love) :cool1:

Where do I find more info on the dining card and how do I get this? It sounds like such a good deal, especially if we use and AP rate for our room. Thanks for any info you can share. :wave:

Can you purchase the DDE at the resort or parks? I want it to coincide with my AP expiration dates.

I don't think you can purchase DDE at the parks. I've read where people have ordered it a couple weeks before they leave for WDW and end up having to pick up a fax at their resort that substitutes for the card because they haven't received it yet. It's not a big deal. As previous people have posted, if you order your card today it will probably have an expiration date of Apr 30, so you get a month float if you buy after the first of the month.

And I'm not completely sure, but I think you have to have your AP or a voucher for an AP before you can buy DDE. If I remember correctly you have to give them the serial number from the back of the AP/voucher to get DDE.

Anyone?

I just got the DDE while at WDW, so here's what I had to do....

I had a MYW ticket that I wanted to upgrade to an AP, adding the DDE. I had to do the ticket upgrade first thing in the morning (I arrived very late at night), then called at 9am about the DDE to sign up and give them credit card info to pay for it, then picked up a temporary card at EPCOT's Guest Relations window after 5:30pm that day. (This is the only Guest Relation window that can do this apparently. You want the window outside the gates, not the office labeled Guest Relations that is inside the park.)

This seems to be the quickest way to get the DDE at the parks - like if you are getting your AP there as well. You do lose the discount on your first couple of meals since you don't have the card yet, but that's not a huge problem. If you already have your AP, you can call any time, though it's active from date of purchase, not first-use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter