Annual Pass and Magic Bands

Nikki G

Mouseketeer
We are planning on getting the Annual Passes (using the DVC promotion that expires), but will not be activating them until April. I have read in a couple of spots that you don't get a magic band for the passes until after you've activated it at the park, which means you don't have one during that initial trip. How does this work? Do you have a magic band for your resort but not your pass? If I have active magic bands from an earlier trip (going in December but not going into parks) can I simply link the AP to the existing magic bands and reuse those? Thanks!

ANY (and ALL) Magic Band(s) linked to your account will access EVERYTHING else linked to your account like current tickets, resort rooms, etc. Once your new AP is activated you can customize new MBs that will *probably* come with AP sliders.

^^^^^^^ This.

We have so many magic bands that I don’t even bother getting our AP magic bands anymore.

Excellent. This is what I assumed, but you know what they when people assume...

I usually get my AP band, and leave it as a band, and keep it with me in case I'm out and about and decide to make a spontaneous day trip. I have a Magic Keeper carabiner that I put the puck in for my resort stay, and it gets used for AP and room key/room charge during my on property stays. Any MB can be used for your AP, so if you get one for your resort stay, you won't need one separate for your AP.

I didn't get a slider with my last AP band, but my sister/BIL did when they got their AP bands a month later. I don't particularly like the sliders, so I wasn't disappointed when I didn't get one.

This is my first time with an AP. Can someone please tell me what a "slider" is??
thanks,

Reactions: VRp
I got my Passholder MB last week and it DID come with a slider.

May I ask how you got the passholder MB? I upgraded to an AP in August, already had a MB for my resort stay, had to ask for the AP card for discounts, did not think about a MB with slider. I don't need another MB, but might like the slider.

May I ask how you got the passholder MB? I upgraded to an AP in August, already had a MB for my resort stay, had to ask for the AP card for discounts, did not think about a MB with slider. I don't need another MB, but might like the slider.
Go into your MDE account under My Account—> Magic Bands and Cards and you should have a MB waiting to be customized

Have you already activated your AP? If you have then go on MDE and you should see a notification to customize. If you haven't activated your AP in person yet then you have to wait until you activate the AP then it'll pop up on the site

ANY (and ALL) Magic Band(s) linked to your account will access EVERYTHING else linked to your account like current tickets, resort rooms, etc. Once your new AP is activated you can customize new MBs that will *probably* come with AP sliders.
But what if I don’t have a previous MB? My 3 year old never needed one and we just got APs for the first time but the instructions read that I need to activate at the park (live out of state) and then order a band. She wanted her own band last time and I don’t want to buy her one just for this trip. We are staying at the Swan.

Is there any way to get a MB as an AP holder before you arrive?

But what if I don’t have a previous MB? My 3 year old never needed one and we just got APs for the first time but the instructions read that I need to activate at the park (live out of state) and then order a band. She wanted her own band last time and I don’t want to buy her one just for this trip. We are staying at the Swan.

No, sorry. Well, I suppose you could purchase one.

Some people have reported being able to get one at Liberty Square

Can I request a passholder slider at guest services?
I got a slider although they had run out earlier that year so I never got mine and the CM said they just got them in earlier that month. You do not need the slider for anything but you will need your AP and ID for discounts.

My 5year old son activated his AP in June and I have not gotten any prompts to get an AP magic band. I have looked under the magic band tab. Anybody know why he is not getting the option to customize an AP band?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter