Annual Pass and Magic Bands

No, sorry. Well, I suppose you could purchase one.
Just got back from our trip and the ticket booth at Magic Kingdom was able to issue the complimentary magic band for my 3 year old so I didn't end up needing to purchase one. They even had the green one that was unavailable online. This practice seems to contradict the information on Disney's FAQs but there was no pushback or hesitation to issue the free band. They also were able to provide 5 of the passholder sliders but the castmember did mention that they ran out earlier.

Just got back from our trip and the ticket booth at Magic Kingdom was able to issue the complimentary magic band for my 3 year old so I didn't end up needing to purchase one. They even had the green one that was unavailable online. This practice seems to contradict the information on Disney's FAQs but there was no pushback or hesitation to issue the free band. They also were able to provide 5 of the passholder sliders but the castmember did mention that they ran out earlier.

Glad it worked out for you. I’ll note you did not get it before you arrived though, which was your earlier question.

So I have a similar question. I initially booked my trip with park hoppers and then upgraded to APs. MDE prompted me to personalize magic bands by 30 days before my arrival and it has now been stuck in the personalizing magic bands and shipping soon phase for about a week. Is there a chance the bands will ship since the initial vacation was booked with regular passes instead of APs?

That's great news! You were lucky, and others should be careful not expect to be able to get a MagicBand during their first trip when activating their APs. I am told they keep a limited supply on-hand of complimentary bands at MK, but these are not intended to serve every new annual passholder, so if they're out then they're out. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask!

So I have a similar question. I initially booked my trip with park hoppers and then upgraded to APs. MDE prompted me to personalize magic bands by 30 days before my arrival and it has now been stuck in the personalizing magic bands and shipping soon phase for about a week. Is there a chance the bands will ship since the initial vacation was booked with regular passes instead of APs?

Are you staying on-site at a Disney-operated resort? If so, then your MagicBands are included regardless of whether you have regular passes, APs, or even no park tickets at all. They usually don't ship right away, but should arrive at least a week before your check-in date.

That's great news! You were lucky, and others should be careful not expect to be able to get a MagicBand during their first trip when activating their APs. I am told they keep a limited supply on-hand of complimentary bands at MK, but these are not intended to serve every new annual passholder, so if they're out then they're out. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask!

Are you staying on-site at a Disney-operated resort? If so, then your MagicBands are included regardless of whether you have regular passes, APs, or even no park tickets at all. They usually don't ship right away, but should arrive at least a week before your check-in date.
Yes, we are staying at the Beach Club. So we should still receive the magic bands in advance of our December trip? All this talk about APs not receiving bands until after activating their passes only applies if staying off site? Thanks!

Yes, we are staying at the Beach Club. So we should still receive the magic bands in advance of our December trip? All this talk about APs not receiving bands until after activating their passes only applies if staying off site? Thanks!

Yes that's right! Each AP holder can order a MagicBand regardless of whether they stay at a Disney resort or not, but they can't do so until after the AP is activated. This is completely separate from (and in addition to) the MagicBands that you can get each time you stay on-site at a Disney-operated resort.

In fact, I never bothered to order my AP magic band this year, since I kept the one from my on-site stay, and I don't really care about receiving the collectible passholder slider.

By the way, if for some reason you still don't get the MagicBands that you ordered and it's less than a week from your check-in date, give Disney a call and see if they can arrange to have them waiting for you at your resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter