Annual pass/DDE card

Conniesaurus

Mouseketeer
My family and I will be in Disney in July. I need to purchase the annual pass and I also would like to get the DDE card. Is it possible to buy the annual pass in Epcot? I also would like to know where in Epcot I can purchase the DDE card. Thanks for all your help. :wave2:

The Annual Pass can be purchased at Guests Services windows outside of any park or at DtD. Be sure to have photo ID and your DVC membership card for the discount.

DDE must be purchased by phone after you have your AP. You can make arrangements when you call to have a temporary card available for you later in the day at Guest Services outside the main entrance to EPCOT. The DDE office is only open weekdays during normal business hours. If you arrive and get your AP during the weekend, you'll need to wait until Monday Morning to call for the DDE.

Do you happen to know the phone number that I would call for the DDE card? Thanks for your help.

You can order an AP voucher in advance and use the numbers on the back to order the DDE card before you go. You would even have time to have it mailed to you since you are not going until July.

I am not going until Nov. when should I call for the DDE. This is my first time with an AP. I know they expire 1 year after they have been activated. Is it different with the DDE card, do they have to be activated when we get there or is it that they expire 1 year from purchase?

chrissybear said:
I am not going until Nov. when should I call for the DDE. This is my first time with an AP. I know they expire 1 year after they have been activated. Is it different with the DDE card, do they have to be activated when we get there or is it that they expire 1 year from purchase?
The DDE cards do not have to be "activated". The year "kind of" starts from when you order the card.

If you were to rder the card on Monday (DDE office is not open on weekends), it would expire at the end of June, 2007. If you had ordered the card during the first few days of May, it would expire at the end of May, 2007.

Generally, the DDE office "switches" to the next month for expiration around the 7th or 8th of the month. If you ask when you call, the CM will tell you the current expiration date.

THe DDE card takes about 3 weeks to arrive (sometimes less). If you order and don't have enough time before your trip to wait for the card, the DDE CM can arrange for a temporary card. You would pick that up at the Guset Relations booth at the main entrance of EPCOT - it's the only locaton that does the temporary DDE cards.

If you are not going until NOvember, my advice would be to order the card in mid-October.

Best wishes -

chrissybear said:
The DDE expires 12-13 months from time of purchase. If you purchase during the first week of the month, it expires at the end of that month plus one year. If you purchase in the second week of the month or later, it expires at the end of the following month plus one year. The reason for the difference is to allow for the 2-4 weeks it can take for the card to arrive, so that you get 12 full months of membership.

If you want to have the actual DDE card in hand for your trip, order at least 4 weeks in advance. If you have to order it closer to your trip in order to get the extra month of membership and the card does not arrive in time, call and ask them to leave a temporary card for you at Epcot. You can then pick it up there (outside the main entrance to Epcot) when you arrive.

I just did this a few days ago---called from my hotel room, gave them my info and they told me to pick it up at Epcot, Guest Relations at the front gate (outside the turnstiles). Just so you know, I was told it wouldn't be for pick-up until 5:30 pm. The bummer part is that I wasn't able to use it at the $100. lunch at Le Cellier that day; I asked if they could fax something to my hotel (BCV) but apparently they don't do that anymore. So try to plan ahead with your dining reservations! ;)

Just wanted to add that you should be able to purchase an annual pass at any ticket window as well as at Guest Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter