Annual Pass Question??

Disneydays

Earning My Ears
Hoping to go in early December, 2002.....low crowds...taking 2 teenage dd's and a teenage friend....
hoping to do 6 days at WDW plus a Universal trip...
My ??....would it be less expensive to get 1 annual pass...(monetary difference is $75.23) for myself in hopes of getting reduced hotel rates...or better yet...AN UPGRADE...during this off-peak season.....
Also....does having an AP get a reduced dining rate????
(one AP for a party of 4)????
Thanks so much for any advice.............sooner or later I'll catch on....and be able to actually GIVE some advice rather than ASK for some!!!!!!!!!!

my bf and i are both AP holders.
i too have been hoping for AP resort discounts for December, however most of the DIS regulars here have informed that historically there have never been AP discounts for resorts during the month of December, so it might be risky to count on there being a resort discount.

as for dining discounts, there are limited discounts at some Downtown Disney restaurants. not very substantial.
perhaps you might think about enrolling in the Disney Club instead? just $39.95/year membership, and i think they have some discounts for resorts during December. i'm not sure how it works as far as booking for Dec 2002.

hope this helps.

The breakeven point for a regular annual pass (no water parks) is about 8 days. So if there is any chance of you going back within a 365 day period, annual pass is the way to go. You need to go to waterpark about 4 times in the 365 day period for the premium annual pass to be worthwhile, although they now offer Disney Quest admission with a premium annual pass so that that might be a consideration for you.

What I would do if I were you is
1) Join the Disney Club, even if you don't get a room discount it'll more then pay for itself on discounted park tickets for ALL of you
2) Book everything yourself
3) Keep a watch on annual pass rates, perhaps something will open up. If so move your deposit to the discounted room. If you book anytype of package you will not be able to do this.
4) If an annual pass room does open up you can then plan on getting an annual pass.

If you plan to rent a car, the DC discount with National can more than pay for the card. The DC discount with National is good in many, many locations, not just in FL. If you rent cars frequently, it can save you lots of $$.

To reserve a room with a DC discount, you must be a DC member. The reservationist will ask for your chapter number before booking the room.

You do not need an AP to reserve a room with an AP discount. You need to show the AP at check-in. As suggested, if you are lucky enough to snag an AP discounted room (and it is true that historically, there haven't been any in October, November, December), you can then go ahead and purchase the AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter