Annual Pass Questions

ct7878

Mouseketeer
I am very excited to currently be planning a trip for June 2018 for myself, DH and DS (13). We live in Orlando (both DH and I and former cast members) and have WDW annual passes- we always seemed to end up having some for a Disney vacation! We are planning on 8 nights in France (Marriott Village d'lle-de-France) and 4 nights in Iceland, thanks a stopover in Reykjavik- we are very excited! While I was to DLP about 20 years ago, DH and DS have never been.

While we do plan to spend some of our time in France exploring Paris and other areas, we are a Disney family and can see us visiting the parks at least 3 times. As I look at pricing, it actually seems that we might be better off to get an annual pass- does this seem correct or I am misunderstanding something? Because we are so used to going the parks for a couple of hours at a time vs a whole day, this would actually be something very desirable to us. I have been reading the boards and trying to get some information, but a lot of the info does seem to reference older tickets so I wanted to confirm that this is still accurate.
Below are a could of questions:
  • Does AP need to be bought in advance- I read somewhere that you have to wait 2 days to use it? Is this still the case? If buying in advance, can you just do this online?
  • Are there any discount agencies to purchase these tickets with that will sell to Americans?
  • Would there ever be promos where a 3 day ticket would be less than an Annual Pass (looking at Magic Flex tix)
  • Finally, how is photopass at DLP. We love it at WDW, but not sure how big it is at DLP.
Any insight or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

@olafLover, I agree that this park needs a WHOLE LOT more of PhotoPass photographers. When you're used to seing photographers every few meters in everty US park, we feel like we miss a lot at DLP. This is really a shame!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!