Annual Pass Questions

DarthGallifrey

Mouseketeer
Hey All!

This is going to be my first time purchasing annual passes as it made sense after pricing all my upcoming trips.

I have a few questions with how they work in terms of fast passes.

One of my trips is going to be 10 days and I am staying on property, will I be able to reserve all days of fast passes at the 60 day mark right?

I also am on a wait-list for a DVC room and also have a room booked through Disney just in case the DVC does not come through. Supposing I get my DVC room and have to cancel the room booked through Disney will this cancel out any dining or fast pass reservation I have already made?

Thanks in advance everyone

Hey All!

This is going to be my first time purchasing annual passes as it made sense after pricing all my upcoming trips.

One of my trips is going to be 10 days and I am staying on property, will I be able to reserve all days of fast passes at the 60 day mark right?

I also am on a wait-list for a DVC room and also have a room booked through Disney just in case the DVC does not come through. Supposing I get my DVC room and have to cancel the room booked through Disney will this cancel out any dining or fast pass reservation I have already made?

Yes. See the FP FAQ, Post #3.

Hey All!

You're *supposed* to be able to book for the length of your onsite stay, but many, many AP's have reported they aren't being allowed to book more than 7 days, regardless of onsite stay length. Contacting Disney has been useless, as they parrot the only 7 days of fastpass with AP language. I hope you have a better experience.

Honestly the 7 day thing wouldn't be the end of the world as we will also be in Universal and have planned some non park days. I'm more concerned about losing the ones I can reserve if I cancel the disney room for the DVC one

I would cancel the resort reservation after you load the DVC reservation into MDE. You should not lose the fast passes. If you want to be extra careful, cancel the resort reservation inside the 30 day window.

I would cancel the resort reservation after you load the DVC reservation into MDE. You should not lose the fast passes. If you want to be extra careful, cancel the resort reservation inside the 30 day window.

Thanks. I will be sure to do that

With Disney IT, anything can happen. That having been said, as long as you have an onsite stay booked, you should be able to hold FP+ for each day of that onsite stay with no problem. Without an onsite stay, you are indeed limited to 7 days of FP+.

Ok I have a question, I purchased AP, haven't activated them yet.... but I can't see any FP's choices past 31 days out. I should be able to see 60 days out... correct?

Ok I have a question, I purchased AP, haven't activated them yet.... but I can't see any FP's choices past 31 days out. I should be able to see 60 days out... correct?
Only if you have an on-site reservation and your window has opened.

I do have a onsite ressie. Ok, so until it hits the exact 6o days, it will only show the 30 day FP's? I have never done AP before, trying to figure it all out.
Yep, just like it would for a regular on site stay. (assuming your reservation is linked to your MDE)

I just purchased an AP a few days ago and my trip isn't until December so won't be activated until Dec 23. Just checked my e-mail and discovered an e-mail from Disney which indicated that I was eligible to book my FPs today which I'd already done early this morning because I'd calculated the eligible date myself previously. No idea about the longer-than-7-days thing since my trip is only for 7 days.

You're *supposed* to be able to book for the length of your onsite stay, but many, many AP's have reported they aren't being allowed to book more than 7 days, regardless of onsite stay length. Contacting Disney has been useless, as they parrot the only 7 days of fastpass with AP language. I hope you have a better experience.

Just did this. Have a 19 night stay. Was able to book 14 days (limit under any circumstance) FP+ with no issue.I just add another day each day past the 14. Usually the problem is if I had a non-property visit BETWEEN now and then I would not be able to book ANY FP+ because they will count those 14 on-site days as my 7 day limit. Hope yall understand that.

Just did this. Have a 19 night stay. Was able to book 14 days (limit under any circumstance) FP+ with no issue.I just add another day each day past the 14. Usually the problem is if I had a non-property visit BETWEEN now and then I would not be able to book ANY FP+ because they will count those 14 on-site days as my 7 day limit. Hope yall understand that.
People who have onsite 10 day trips with no other trips planned have reported issues. Glad it worked for you.

People who have onsite 10 day trips with no other trips planned have reported issues. Glad it worked for you.

I have only seen these issues in cases where the “onsite” stay is at one of the recently-added DS-area hotels.

I do have a onsite ressie. Ok, so until it hits the exact 6o days, it will only show the 30 day FP's? I have never done AP before, trying to figure it all out.

Technically I think that as long as you have any ticket media attached through your MDE account you can make FP+'s 30 days out. So for instance if you have a 4 day ticket attached and no resort reservations then as long as the ticket is valid you can make 30 day FP+. The 60 day only kicks in once the reservation is established.

My sister and I both have APs and we were able to book FP+s for all 9 days of our upcoming trip. No problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter