Annual Pass questions

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
I have looked for this info and I'm sure I'm missing it so I apologize for asking about something that is likely posted somewhere:
1. Is there a list of the stores/restaurants that offer the 20% discount for AP holders?
2. Can I make FP selections 60 days out if I am staying onsite but don't activate my AP until my first day at the resort?
3. How do magic bands work with APs?

Thank you.

I have looked for this info and I'm sure I'm missing it so I apologize for asking about something that is likely posted somewhere:
1. Is there a list of the stores/restaurants that offer the 20% discount for AP holders?
2. Can I make FP selections 60 days out if I am staying onsite but don't activate my AP until my first day at the resort?
3. How do magic bands work with APs?

Thank you.

2. Yes, see the FP FAQ.

1.Yes, see link above. As far as I am aware, the table service restaurant discount is only 10% for almost all (if not all) of the restaurants that actually allow the discount.
2. Yes, I just did this because my youngest child has an unactivated pass because she was only 2 during our last visit. She is booked on our resort and her fast passes were lined up at 60 days even though it won't be activated until we get there.

I have also been back and forth on getting an annual pass. I wish I was able to see the room rates for aNnual pass holders in advance to weigh my options

I have also been back and forth on getting an annual pass. I wish I was able to see the room rates for aNnual pass holders in advance to weigh my options
What dates are you looking for? The AP rates are only out for up to Jun 30.

It’s 60 days out for FP if you have a room reservation, 30 days without. You don’t have to activate your AP. You have to do that in person at the parks or Disney Springs.

I don’t think I can access the AP rates until I actually purchase the pass correct?

I am looking for a room for my fiancé and I at a moderate hotel for 4/15-4/21.

I don’t think I can access the AP rates until I actually purchase the pass correct?

I was able to get a room discount for Easter even though I haven’t activated my pass yet. I saved $136!

We just purchased APs in October but didn't activate until our first day in December. It was automatically attached to our account which I could see when I logged onto MDE so we were able to book fastpasses 60 days in advance (we were staying onsite) and once we activated the pass, MBs are able to access the APs.

Few restaurants (if any) have 20% discount. We purchased TiW at a discount because of having APs and we mostly use that. A lot of places do have the 20% merchandise discount however.

We just purchased our first AP in Jan. and found a lot of helpful info here The Mouse for Less annual-passes. Check the Disney site too for new offerings as they add new discounts through out the year. And of course here on the DIS :flower1:

Just to piggy back off this thread...I have purchased my AP but have not activated it in person yet and have an ADR before I plan on activating it. Can I still get the discount?
(And please don't flame me...It is just the way the way I scheduled our arrival that I have an ADR before I go to guest services).

Just to piggy back off this thread...I have purchased my AP but have not activated it in person yet and have an ADR before I plan on activating it. Can I still get the discount?
(And please don't flame me...It is just the way the way I scheduled our arrival that I have an ADR before I go to guest services).

Go to Guest Relations first.
You won't have the "AP card" if you don't, and that card is what is used for discounts.

You can call to check if you like. That is what I did because I was trying to see if buying an AP was worth it. They told me what my resort rate (which I already had booked with regular fall discount rate) would be if I bought an AP and switched to the fall AP discount instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter