Annual Pass Questions

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
Annual pass question.

Currently, we have HRH and 4 of the buy 2 get 3 free tickets booked as part of our package. I am considering getting a preferred annual pass for myself and then buying the other 3 the tickets with the 15% off discount. I just have a few questions.

First - should I call and cancel the tickets off my reservation and then purchase an annual pass separately?
It looks like I can only get a discount on the multiday tickets for the rest of the group at the gate, is this correct? So I can't just call and switch mine on our reservation to an annual pass and they won't apply the 15% to the others on our reservation?

Can you buy the "but 2 get 3 free" tickets at the gate? It looks like it is roughly $100 more to update to the annual pass from this ticket but it would still give me a bit of savings with the 15% off the other tickets and then the discounts for food and drink. Unfortunately they told me the AP discount for the hotel is not available for my dates.

Sorry for all the questions but my final payment is rapidly approaching and I just want to do the right thing.

I might have misunderstood your question but it sounds like you booked a package

Call UO and run your question by them to get current info on changing your present set up

I might have misunderstood your question but it sounds like you booked a package

Call UO and run your question by them to get current info on changing your present set up
Yes we did, but I wanted to drop our tickets and purchase them separately. You cannot do that and unfortunately my hotel room type is no longer available so I can't just cancel it and rebook the hotel seperately. :(

Booking a package includes room and park tickets.

Either you keep the booking or cancel and take a gamble of more rooms opening up.

I suspect your tickets will be much more expensive with the 15% off, vs the buy 2 get 3 free deal. I believe that the discount is off of the gate price and not valid with other discounts.

I wonder if they allow a credit with your resort ticket to upgrade to Annual Pass before your final day.
Universal Studios Orlando is very generous and wants to keep their guests happy.

Not sure if this is helpful, but I noticed when booking packages, you only need to buy 1 ticket to still qualify for the package. You might be able to remove all but 1 ticket from the package.

Does anyone out there think that there is something crazy going on with the $1,015 price of the DVC renewal?

I bought two in my group the preferred annual pass. Do AP get the 15% discount on buying additional season passes or one day tickets? I only saw multi day tickets listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter