Annual Pass reimbursement worth it?

MarBee

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone has called about getting refunded for their APs. What are they offering? I don’t want the kids to hear when I call, so I have to wait till late tonight but wasn’t sure if it was going to be worth it or not.

If it makes a difference, our APs expire at the end of June. We were supposed to go the first week of April, and we have an end of June trip that we are hoping will happen but I’m not confident will.

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if anyone has called about getting refunded for their APs. What are they offering? I don’t want the kids to hear when I call, so I have to wait till late tonight but wasn’t sure if it was going to be worth it or not.

If it makes a difference, our APs expire at the end of June. We were supposed to go the first week of April, and we have an end of June trip that we are hoping will happen but I’m not confident will.

Thanks in advance!
No one can really answer that until the parks re-open. It will be a pro-rated amount based on the number of days the parks are closed for.

Our situation is a little unique so this might not be helpful. Our APs also end at the end of June. We’re locals so we could’ve been going quite a bit but I’m 39 weeks pregnant so we actually wouldn’t have been going anyway until the baby gets his two month shots. Now with everything going on we’re going to take the refund instead of the extension of our passes. I’m not sure when I’ll feel comfortable taking him to the parks. It might not even happen this year for us

When I figured out how much our passes cost it was under $3 a person a day. I was sure if that is what Disney is offering. I’d rather be able to just pick up next March and finish out March through June 2021. But I’m sure that won’t be an option.

I think the situation is unique to each passholder. If you won't be making any more trips before your AP expiration, the refund would be worth it. Mine was set to expire in early Oct, I had already purchased a hopper for my mid-October trip which I have returned to UT. (Still waiting on that refund!). I will be in Orlando in early Dec for the OI meetup at Universal, it looks like my AP may still be good for that trip, so the extension works very well for me. It's not going to work out for everyone though.

I think the situation is unique to each passholder
I agree. We are overseas AP holders. We purchased APs plus TiW and activated them the day after the parks reopened post Dorian in September. We used them for about 14 days. We then took a spontaneous week or so trip over Christmas. We have an 18 day trip booked to commence 30 June. If that trip is cancelled, recheduling this year will probably be very expensive because of the way flights in the U.K. are sold and because my daughter teaches, so we are limited to holiday periods. If the parks are closed through June and July, I would be grateful if WDW acknowledged that we have an 18 day reservation in June/July by giving us a credit note for use during another 18 day period. However, I recognise that this is somewhat fanciful and wishful thinking and I am just grateful that we got as much use out of the APs as we did. We are in a similar position with UOR.

I agree. We are overseas AP holders. We purchased APs plus TiW and activated them the day after the parks reopened post Dorian in September. We used them for about 14 days. We then took a spontaneous week or so trip over Christmas. We have an 18 day trip booked to commence 30 June. If that trip is cancelled, recheduling this year will probably be very expensive because of the way flights in the U.K. are sold and because my daughter teaches, so we are limited to holiday periods. If the parks are closed through June and July, I would be grateful if WDW acknowledged that we have an 18 day reservation in June/July by giving us a credit note for use during another 18 day period. However, I recognise that this is somewhat fanciful and wishful thinking and I am just grateful that we got as much use out of the APs as we did. We are in a similar position with UOR.

This is somewhat similar to my situation. The AP (expires 4/19) was purchased with two large trips in mind. I was able to do the first trip, but the second trip was to be 3/20-3/28. So reimbursing me $3/day doesn’t at all cover the 8 day hopper I’ll need to buy to replace that trip, and if I go the extension route, it’s unlikely I’ll get to the parks in that first 35 days that they’re back open.

My AP is good until 1/12/2021. Still have 4 day trip in October and 6 day over Christmas planned.

Do we call now and let them know we want $ back and then they will send after the parks reopen? It wont change our ability to keep using our AP right?!

My AP is good until 1/12/2021. Still have 4 day trip in October and 6 day over Christmas planned.

Do we call now and let them know we want $ back and then they will send after the parks reopen? It wont change our ability to keep using our AP right?!
That’s why I thought it was confusing for them to say to call now. If you’re AP expired in March or April (or even May at this point) you could calculate what you’d get back. But anyone with a June 2020 or later expiration is kind of in limbo until we know a reopening date.

I am on the phone with Disney AP right now. My AP expired March 25th and we had a trip planned up to this point which was cancelled and we lost all of our DVC points since they expired March 31st. Now the AP cast members are saying we will not be extended unless we renew our AP's.

I am on the phone with Disney AP right now. My AP expired March 25th and we had a trip planned up to this point which was cancelled and we lost all of our DVC points since they expired March 31st. Now the AP cast members are saying we will not be extended unless we renew our AP's.
OMG that’s awful! You should get the days between when it closed and the 25th I believe. Hopefully it’s a misinformed cast member? Please keep us updated.

OMG that’s awful! You should get the days between when it closed and the 25th I believe. Hopefully it’s a misinformed cast member? Please keep us updated.

I agree. The parks closed March 15th, Sunday night. I would expect to be extended 10 days once the parks reopen in the case of the poster above. Especially if I had booked a vacation to coincide with that time frame.

My convo with the CM said that no info on any partial refund can be known until the park re-opens in whatever capacity that is. My AP expires 11/20. We re not headed back till atleast 2021 at this point. So whatever they offer may be worth it for me, and I’ll put it towards another pass next year.

I am so confused with this! My AP expires on 27 April and will not be going back to the parks until end of September (hopefully!)
Does anyone know how they are calculating the refund amount? I presume I would be refunded from the date WDW closed (16 March?) through to my AP expiry date? OR if I renew my AP, they would effectively 'add on' 2 1/2 months to the length of the pass, which covers the time they have been closed, assuming they re-open on 1 June?

If anyone could help with any of the above as I have not been able to find the answers on Disney pages, I would be very grateful.

Thank you!

Sophie

Just an update. 65 minutes on the phone and while being transferred to a 6th castmember I got disconnected. I talked to a supervisor who finally reluctantly agreed that we should be credited 9 days and did not know how much that would be (which is why she transferred me but to reservations instead of AP). AP's will only be extended for the length the park is closed if you renew. It seems like many cast members and even supervisors have no idea what is going on and I do not know definitely if our AP's will be credited.

I’m just waiting. They are a circus of misinformation and incompetence right now.

Just an update. 65 minutes on the phone and while being transferred to a 6th castmember I got disconnected. I talked to a supervisor who finally reluctantly agreed that we should be credited 9 days and did not know how much that would be (which is why she transferred me but to reservations instead of AP). AP's will only be extended for the length the park is closed if you renew. It seems like many cast members and even supervisors have no idea what is going on and I do not know definitely if our AP's will be credited.

thats ridiculous. You paid for a pass for 366 days and if you didn’t get these days because the parks are closed they owe you for those days. we are going through the same thing. We all expire between late April and early June. We canceled 2 trips April & June because of the closures. That will be one hot mess fight for sure, esp when my daughter calls for her 4 APs that expire June 7th. That’s BS. She buys her AP to use 2 trips a year early June followed by late May.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!