Annual Pass reimbursement worth it?

I'm still waiting for my monthly payment refund. Been a month and a half and still nothing.

We took the option to get the refund for the closed months over the extensions. We are out of state Platinum APs. We expire 11-27-2020 and don't really plan on going the next few months after that. We definitely lost out this year from a financial stand point AP wise, but first world problems. We will only have 11 used days on our APs for this 12 months. Not great but hopefully close to a wash with the pro-rated refund. I called AP member services and was connected in under a minute. The CM was very helpful and processed the refund(future) with no issues.

We took the option to get the refund for the closed months over the extensions. We are out of state Platinum APs. We expire 11-27-2020 and don't really plan on going the next few months after that. We definitely lost out this year from a financial stand point AP wise, but first world problems. We will only have 11 used days on our APs for this 12 months. Not great but hopefully close to a wash with the pro-rated refund. I called AP member services and was connected in under a minute. The CM was very helpful and processed the refund(future) with no issues.
Did CM tell you how much is the refund? We are also from out of state and have Platinum APs (expires in mid Nov). We have only used 7 days on the tickets and had 3 total trips planned for this year (one starting tomorrow). We think that we will take the refund. We will probably not go anytime this year.

Did CM tell you how much is the refund? We are also from out of state and have Platinum APs (expires in mid Nov). We have only used 7 days on the tickets and had 3 total trips planned for this year (one starting tomorrow). We think that we will take the refund. We will probably not go anytime this year.

It will be pro-rated for the number of days the parks are closed. So its still unknown

I'm still waiting for my monthly payment refund. Been a month and a half and still nothing.
Don’t know how true this is, but when I called the CM told me refunds would not be processed until after they open.

Makes sense for people who expire in the future but if you expire during the parks' current closures don't see why they can't refund now.

yes, that is us. My husbands pass expired 4/28 and my pass expires 6/3. So yes, it would be nice to get my refund to apply to my new AP purchase.

Keep in mind that once you get a refund, it’s suppose to go back to the original form of payment, so if you used a gift card or Disney visa reward card (as I often do) that’s where the funds will go. I’ve since moved any money I had on my default gift card to a backup card since a gift card can never hold more than $1000.

They can not process a refund for an AP that is still valid because they do not know how many days to credit for the refund. I believe it would be a different situation is your pass expired say May 15th. In that instance they know how many days you missed out on to credit vs an AP that expires in say October 2020. Opening date unknown so no way to calculate a credit.

They can not process a refund for an AP that is still valid because they do not know how many days to credit for the refund. I believe it would be a different situation is your pass expired say May 15th. In that instance they know how many days you missed out on to credit vs an AP that expires in say October 2020. Opening date unknown so no way to calculate a credit.

not everyone‘s ap is still valid. My husbands pass expired April 28 with 40+ days owed as a refund. So they should process that refund now. They are refunding my renewal certificate that I purchased in February because we are no longer renewing because we won’t be back until 2021. So they should refund that, but told me not until they open....wth.....

I thought I understood the whole extend no extend, but getting confused reading everyones questions and answers.
My AP is a sig and it expires in Dec. We have four other AP that expire in Oct and they are Flex.
Last time I got charged for the Flex was March 13 and last time I got charged for the Sig was March 18th.
I have not called in because I though we either call in to extend or they would automatically not charge us but the AP would not extend. Is that Correct? If so what is the purpose of extending and paying every month if I dont even know when they will open. IS it now better to just renew once that time comes?

I thought I understood the whole extend no extend, but getting confused reading everyones questions and answers.
My AP is a sig and it expires in Dec. We have four other AP that expire in Oct and they are Flex.
Last time I got charged for the Flex was March 13 and last time I got charged for the Sig was March 18th.
I have not called in because I though we either call in to extend or they would automatically not charge us but the AP would not extend. Is that Correct? If so what is the purpose of extending and paying every month if I dont even know when they will open. IS it now better to just renew once that time comes?

Default option for those on the payment plan is no payments and no date change. Default for paid in full is an extension. Both are based on the number of days closed. In either case, if you want the other option, you need to call. If you are on the payment plan and wish to extend, you still won’t be charged until the parks open.

I see you’r a DLR passholder as we don’t have signature and flex passes at WDW. DLR doesn’t offer discounts for renewal right? But who knows if they’ll raise the price on AP’s there. So if you are a local who frequents the parks often, will do so again once they’re open, and plan on renewing, then an extension makes more financial sense. If the price has already been raised on your pass type since the last time you purchased it (as is the case for many at WDW), then you are putting off having to pay a higher price at renewal.

Default option for those on the payment plan is no payments and no date change. Default for paid in full is an extension. Both are based on the number of days closed. In either case, if you want the other option, you need to call. If you are on the payment plan and wish to extend, you still won’t be charged until the parks open.

I see you’r a DLR passholder as we don’t have signature and flex passes at WDW. DLR doesn’t offer discounts for renewal right? But who knows if they’ll raise the price on AP’s there. So if you are a local who frequents the parks often, will do so again once they’re open, and plan on renewing, then an extension makes more financial sense. If the price has already been raised on your pass type since the last time you purchased it (as is the case for many at WDW), then you are putting off having to pay a higher price at renewal.

Yes DLR. I live about 6 hrs away and we do go at least 2 times a year and will do so once they open. Maybe not as soon as they open but hopefully sooner than later. I did have it a bit confused. I was under the impression that you could only either keep paying monthly and then your AP would be extended by the months you paid and DL was closed. Or that you could not pay monthly but your AP would not be extended.

What I am understanding is that I can continue as I am doing and not pay monthly and call to have my AP extended by the number of months DL will be close. So the benefit would be not having to renew so quickly and paying the new AP price? Correct?

Yes DLR. I live about 6 hrs away and we do go at least 2 times a year and will do so once they open. Maybe not as soon as they open but hopefully sooner than later. I did have it a bit confused. I was under the impression that you could only either keep paying monthly and then your AP would be extended by the months you paid and DL was closed. Or that you could not pay monthly but your AP would not be extended.

What I am understanding is that I can continue as I am doing and not pay monthly and call to have my AP extended by the number of months DL will be close. So the benefit would be not having to renew so quickly and paying the new AP price? Correct?

At first Disney continued to collect payments on both coasts but then they changed their mind and stopped. So yeah, regardless of whether you want your pass extended or not, there are no payments right now. If you definitely plan on renewing then yep, extending means you are putting off paying the new higher price for the ap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter