Annual Pass reimbursement worth it?

At first Disney continued to collect payments on both coasts but then they changed their mind and stopped. So yeah, regardless of whether you want your pass extended or not, there are no payments right now. If you definitely plan on renewing then yep, extending means you are putting off paying the new higher price for the ap.
Thanks got it. I just called in to have them extended

Not sure what you mean by the highlighted! So, if an annual pass expires in October, then you will get a refund from March until October? I really don't think that is true. I think what they said initially is the refund is for the number of days Disney has been closed, so if it is 3 months (March until June), then the refund is for 3 months and the pass still expires in October.

I could be wrong, but that's what I understood. My pass expired on May 1st, 2020 and if the Parks are closed until September I can't imagine Disney would give me a refund for three months when the pass was only valid for one month of the closure.

I could be wrong, but that's what I understood. My pass expired on May 1st, 2020 and if the Parks are closed until September I can't imagine Disney would give me a refund for three months when the pass was only valid for one month of the closure.
Did you renew your AP? Are you on a monthly plan? I called in today and went on DL site and it is pretty much how @only hope said.

I think we are saying the same thing. I think WDW parks closed on March 15. If you pass expired on May 1st, your refund will be for days March 15 through May 1st. If your pass expires in October, then your refund will be for days March 15 until when parks opened (probably July 1st) not until October.

I am still not sure what to do. Ours expire on Aug 1 2020. If the parks open lets say July 1 and I want a refund, will i get the refund for just the time closed and I will have 1 month before my passes expire or will they refund me that last month as well. If that makes sense what I am asking.

I had bought my FL AP a week and a half before they closed, I got up that day and looked at news and decided to get down there before they would close.
My thinking was that they might come up with a offer like when they gave a free month when you bought a AP. If they were to do that they could reduce refunds, maybe a 3 or 6 month add on. They really don't lose anything with this plan if attendance is down and insure guests booking trips.

Made the call to get my annual pass refund started today. It doesn't expire until November. I have a trip planned then that I may or may not take, but my pass will cover it in any case.

For me, the refund is definitely a bonus. I was there in November, January and February. My fourth trip is November coming up.

I considered going for the extended pass, but after November my next visits are not planned until January and February, and they might get a pass as far as the parks go. I can go and enjoy maybe a day or two with existing tickets I have stashed. Or I can just stay at DVC and enjoy other things.

Mine expire 6/27. It’s safe to say we won’t be going before then. Bummed we had to miss our April and June trips, but we were fortunate to go a few times before that. Should I bother trying to call tomorrow to start the refund process, or should I wait until closer to the expiration?

Mine expire 6/27. It’s safe to say we won’t be going before then. Bummed we had to miss our April and June trips, but we were fortunate to go a few times before that. Should I bother trying to call tomorrow to start the refund process, or should I wait until closer to the expiration?

I would call asap. There was no wait. The whole call took about 7 minutes and 4 of those were getting through the automated system prior to a live conversation. If Disney announces an opening date, it will probably cause a flood of calls later this week. It was busy when first announced and I put it on my back burner but felt it was time to get it done. Not sure how quickly they will get to refunds.

They do make sure they take your information for a possible confirmation call prior to processing the refund. She made notes on my account as I had upgraded a hopper from UT and then paid the balance with a gift card, so I will 'probably get a check' versus a credit on a credit card.

I called when they FIRST said they would refund the 1 or 2 months and I am STILL waiting for that refund.

I called when they FIRST said they would refund the 1 or 2 months and I am STILL waiting for that refund.

they told me they would not even issue the refunds until they reopen. They were only taking the info. They said the accounting office (or similar) wasn’t operating. They did say I would get an email prior to the transaction

they told me they would not even issue the refunds until they reopen. They did say I would get an email prior to the transaction

Yeah I know how this will go down. We will get the so-called "refund" and the same day they will re-start taking the monthly payment out so what kind of refund would that have been??

Yeah I know how this will go down. We will get the so-called "refund" and the same day they will re-start taking the monthly payment out so what kind of refund would that have been??

we are paid in full, so that part doesn’t effect us. Good luck

I am still not sure what to do. Ours expire on Aug 1 2020. If the parks open lets say July 1 and I want a refund, will i get the refund for just the time closed and I will have 1 month before my passes expire or will they refund me that last month as well. If that makes sense what I am asking.

They will refund during the closure period if your annual pass doesn't expire during the closure period. So, March 15 (16?) to June 30. Then your AP expires August 1

They will refund during the closure period if your annual pass doesn't expire during the closure period. So, March 15 (16?) to June 30. Then your AP expires August 1

March 15 to July 11?? Almost 4 months or a third of the pass year. Since I already have 3 trips plus a fourth one booked, I'll take it. Not complaining here at all, plus mine was PIF.

And to @awfpack - your pass will be good until August 1, but not refunded once they are open. We've yet to see what date they will consider 'open' since it's a staggered opening and it's a month and a half away for first phase.

They haven’t yet announced how many days the passes will be extended for and if the extension will encompass the entire reservation period.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/
Under paid in full 'Annual Passes' Disney states that all 'active' passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed.
The question now is will that be based on the 7/11 or 7/15 date or will it be for once reservations are no longer required.

And for premier passholders like me the next question is will the extension be for the longest park closure or not.

The question now is will that be based on the 7/11 or 7/15 date or will it be for once reservations are no longer required.

And for premier passholders like me the next question is will the extension be for the longest park closure or not.
We've yet to see what date they will consider 'open' since it's a staggered opening and it's a month and a half away for first phase.

I stated essentially the same thought. We will just have to wait and see.

The update quoted previously is for WDW. I haven't kept up with DLR. But - if opening occurs on 7/11/20 at WDW your pass is usable at that time. Disney may be more generous but time will tell.

My passes expire in June. We had to cancel our April and June trips. I would really love if I could just have the passes for March-June of next year instead. Really would love to see the Flower and Garden Festival next year.
First world problems for sure, but it would still be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!