Annual Pass/Ticket question

oylerfam1

Mouseketeer
Hello, New DVC owners! Question about buying annual passes with the DVC discount. I am able to buy tickets through my work that are $73 dollars cheaper that through Disney. What, if any, would the benefit be to buying the discounted tickets and upgrading to an AP after arriving? Thanks for the help!

They are going to give you credit for a one day ticket towards the cost of the AP so you would save the $73

Last edited:
Just one aspect. The tickets can not be special tickets and must be eligible for upgrades.

I assume they are, but just wanted to mention that.

I had heard reports of special priced tickets being coded so that you only get the price you paid towards the AP. I haven't tried this myself and do not know for sure though. If you end up buying the special work ticket and upgrading, let us know how it went!

Just be aware that if your special work ticket is park hopper plus ( water parks etc), the regular annual DVC pass does not include water parks. This was an issue when I had an annual pass and my guests had park hopper plus thru AAA ( at a good price). I skipped doing water parks with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter