Annual Pass worth it?

I believe it is only the AP holder who can go through the AP queue. If you have underage children they may be able to go with you, but when we looked into this last year I definitely had the discussion with my husband that the kids and one of us would use the AP line and the other would have to go through the regular tapstiles.
When I went through the AP entrances last August I observed entire families going through with a single AP holder in the group.
Even then it was much faster than the normal entrances.

When I went through the AP entrances last August I observed entire families going through with a single AP holder in the group.
Even then it was much faster than the normal entrances.

I was wondering about this. We will probably get AP's for all the "adult" members of our family (even though they're still kids!!!! Ugh), so we'll have two still on regular "child" tickets because it doesn't make sense to get THEM the AP's for the cost. For 7 people, I have a hard time imagining them making us go to a different line because the little 2 of the 7 don't have AP's? :upsidedow I guess we'll see!

Sadly, they don't verify who has an AP in the AP entrance line. This family was in front of us when the son pointed out "Mom, we are in the annual passholder line, we don't have an Annual pass", mom said shhhh, and they all got through no questions asked.

AP is a discount until you're going to WDW 4 times a year BECAUSE you have the AP. Also it means you miss out on other promotions like free dining.

So... planning to get APs to begin using late summer or early fall. When do I buy them to begin getting perks and when is the first day they are considered activated? Can I buy them now to get room deals but their first day of activation i.e. expiration date is the first date I check in or use them to enter a park???

Oh and we had APs before July ‘03- June ‘04. We spent 9 nights, then 4 nights, then 8 nights. So worth it. Of course it was 2003 and 4 “adults” and 2 kid APs cost $2K even! I still have the “check”. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
So... planning to get APs to begin using late summer or early fall. When do I buy them to begin getting perks and when is the first day they are considered activated? Can I buy them now to get room deals but their first day of activation i.e. expiration date is the first date I check in or use them to enter a park???

Oh and we had APs before July ‘03- June ‘04. We spent 9 nights, then 4 nights, then 8 nights. So worth it. Of course it was 2003 and 4 “adults” and 2 kid APs cost $2K even! I still have the “check”. :rolleyes1
You can purchase a voucher online at any time. You will still need to go to guest services to activate it. The clock on it does not start running until you pass thru a park gate. You can get AP room deals by calling CRO even if you do not have an active AP.

You can purchase a voucher online at any time. You will still need to go to guest services to activate it. The clock on it does not start running until you pass thru a park gate. You can get AP room deals by calling CRO even if you do not have an active AP.

Thanks- Can I book Fast Passes on it at that point or only after I actually activate it?

You can book fast passes before you activate your pass.

I posted this in another thread but no responses - Can anyone tell me if I currently have six days' worth of Park Hoppers starting in late May when we go, can I apply those ticket costs to an AP if I decide to purchase one on our arrival? I believe that normally the answer is "yes", but we bought our tickets as a package deal through Costco Travel, so I'm concerned that they will not apply. Can anyone confirm one way or the other? Obviously if they don't appy, I'll pass on the AP (I also purchased Memory Maker for $170, which would hopefully be applied?)

I posted this in another thread but no responses - Can anyone tell me if I currently have six days' worth of Park Hoppers starting in late May when we go, can I apply those ticket costs to an AP if I decide to purchase one on our arrival? I believe that normally the answer is "yes", but we bought our tickets as a package deal through Costco Travel, so I'm concerned that they will not apply. Can anyone confirm one way or the other? Obviously if they don't appy, I'll pass on the AP (I also purchased Memory Maker for $170, which would hopefully be applied?)
The tickets should be able to be upgraded to APs without a problem. The price you paid for MM. cannot be applied to the upgrade.

The tickets should be able to be upgraded to APs without a problem. The price you paid for MM. cannot be applied to the upgrade.

Thank you. Since we haven't "activated" or used the Memory Maker yet (we don't visit WDW until the end of May) - would it be wise for me to cancel Memory Maker (if possible) and then just reapply it if I sign up for an annual pass when we arrive?

Thank you. Since we haven't "activated" or used the Memory Maker yet (we don't visit WDW until the end of May) - would it be wise for me to cancel Memory Maker (if possible) and then just reapply it if I sign up for an annual pass when we arrive?
I don’t know if you can cancel MM. From all that I’ve read, it is non-refundable.

Just to provide another positive data point...yesterday I was able to upgrade to an AP from a 7 day PH bought from undercover tourist right before the price increase last fall. They applied my previously purchased Memory Maker, and bridged the price of the ticket correctly. Very smooth process!

Actually - per the above quoted post from the All About Tickets thread, that user WAS able to have the cost of the memory maker applied to the bridge price when upgrading to AP. That post was from March of this year (link below)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/page-337#post-60336521

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter