Annual pass?

Bigj0110

Earning My Ears
Do you think it's worth it to purchase a 2 park annual pass if I'm going to be going alone? I live in the same state a few hours away and if I do purchase an annual pass I plan on going many times throughout the year. It's just that none of my friends want and or could afford to purchase an annual pass. Which maybe if anything one of my friends may join me for Halloween Horror Nights and the park during the day 1 time, but that's it.

Also what's your experience with an annual pass for those of you that have had annual passes in the past? The only thing I really dislike about the annual passes is that you can only use express pass one time per ride after 4PM. which I don't have a problem using it after 4 PM until closing, I just don't like the fact that they only let you use it one time per ride. Which I think they should give you an option to let you pay an additional charge and you can upgrade the express pass to maybe all day and unlimited times per ride or at least after 4PM with unlimited times per rides.

Last edited:
Lots of AP holders go solo. Nice thing is, while getting express with the highest AP, a solo can go through the single person line as many times as they can. I am an out of state AP at the mid level, so no express extra for me. I do appreciate the extras I get, and tend to stay at the 3 hotels that give the unlimited express. And even then, I still take advantage of the single rider line. And while you have an AP, you can always buy an express pass. Though it would be nice to have an express pass discounted for an AP, I am grateful for the extras I get with my AP.

Anyway, my thoughts. And so nice you can visit many times during your AP year, getting to park with valet, and enjoying an express line on each ride after 4 in the afternoon, enjoying discounted food and discounted purchases, and a free HHN ticket.

If you live in Florida you get a discount when you purchase your Annual Pass so there is some savings there.

I go to Universal by myself sometimes as do many of the folks that post here on the boards. It is very nice to call your time your own and be on your own schedule.

I have a Premier AP and the after 4 pm Express is very nice. Honestly I don’t mind just riding once Express after 4 if I’am staying at Sapphire Falls.

Like Lynne noted above there are some nice perks of having the AP.

Buy one and enjoy yourself.

At Universal, it almost always makes more sense to buy an annual pass in any situation. I’ve had one for four years, and I live in Seattle, lol. We go once a year now, as opposed to when we used to go twice, and it more than pays itself off in one trip if you use all of the discounts you are entitled to.

I'm a solo APH for now Disney, soon to be for US again in the Fall (as also previously). I believe it's worth it and fun flying solo. While it's nice and fun to enjoy the park with others, I believe it can be just as enjoyable by yourself. Put simply: You get to do whatever you want to do.

Also, you have a lot of options for SR. Even when I've had EP on the rare occasion, depending on the line, I'll still take the SR line, as not only it's typically faster, but it's also shorter than regular queue and EP lines. It saves you a lot of walking time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter