• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passholder discounts to be aware of?

Heidiatmn

Earning My Ears
My husband and I have annual passes that we purchased Black Friday on the BOGO deal. They haven't been activated yet and won't be until we go the middle of the month.

We will be traveling with 6 others-2 adults 4 kids. Is there any specials deals we should be aware of before we go?

1) I'm aware of the 50% off tickets however the rest of the group is also going to Busch Gardens so it seems like a better deal for them to get the 2 day ticket

2) Aware of free parking

3) We already booked dolphin encounter ($15 one) at full price for everyone-I tried calling to use the discount but the wait was so long it wasn't worth the few $$ I'd save-I can't book online as my pass hasn't been activated yet.

Thanks for any tips you might have!

Food and merchandise discounts (10-15% I believe).

Be sure to check out the Annual Passholders lounge (near Terrace BBQ). Free samples of coke and a nice place to relax, charge phones, and get away from the crowds for a bit.

Always always always hand them your AP when you're buying anything. All food and merchandise is discounted.

Do you have a platinum pass or a regular pass? Platinum qualifies for free preferred parking but sometimes the parking attendants don't catch that it's a platinum, so if you've got one make sure they give you the preferred parking pass. Platinum also qualifies for priority seating at the shows.

My husband and I have annual passes that we purchased Black Friday on the BOGO deal. They haven't been activated yet and won't be until we go the middle of the month.

We will be traveling with 6 others-2 adults 4 kids. Is there any specials deals we should be aware of before we go?

1) I'm aware of the 50% off tickets however the rest of the group is also going to Busch Gardens so it seems like a better deal for them to get the 2 day ticket

2) Aware of free parking

3) We already booked dolphin encounter ($15 one) at full price for everyone-I tried calling to use the discount but the wait was so long it wasn't worth the few $$ I'd save-I can't book online as my pass hasn't been activated yet.

Thanks for any tips you might have!

The passmember website lists other special offers and deals for passmembers that are over and above the 'regular' stuff. Many of these offers are month-specific, so its always a good idea to check the site before you leave. You can find them on the passmember site, under "Hot Deals":

https://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/passmembers/hot-deals

and "Exclusives & Events":

https://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/passmembers/exclusives-and-events

Same as in any park, I always ask before paying for anything if there is any sort of AP discount.:) Every little bit of savings helps the cause!

Question - trying to do this as cheap as possible - we are Florida residents - live about 6 hours away so don't get to go but about 3x a year. My kids have never been to bg, aq, or sw- only Disney. I know they will love aquatica - we were going to see about sea world before doing ap but right now the seaworld ap also includes aquatica which seems like a great deal. I already bought the bogo seaworld one day and spent $250 for the 5 of us (I had to buy 3), but we would really like to also do aquatica. If I bought a seaworld ap right now and get the aquatica free can I just activate the aquatica part and use the seaworld ticket I already bought and activate the seaworld one later? Dies that make sense? I'm thinking I could use the aquatica one and get free parking and also be able to buy 50% off 1 day passes. Are the one day passes at discount only able to be purchased through a passholder website and do we have to use the ap before being able to buy the discount passes. The ap is $168 and then if 4 tix for $30 we would be spending $288 vs. $258 for 5 one day passes that wouldn't include ap for seaworld etc. can anyone offer advice?

Question - trying to do this as cheap as possible - we are Florida residents - live about 6 hours away so don't get to go but about 3x a year. My kids have never been to bg, aq, or sw- only Disney. I know they will love aquatica - we were going to see about sea world before doing ap but right now the seaworld ap also includes aquatica which seems like a great deal. I already bought the bogo seaworld one day and spent $250 for the 5 of us (I had to buy 3), but we would really like to also do aquatica. If I bought a seaworld ap right now and get the aquatica free can I just activate the aquatica part and use the seaworld ticket I already bought and activate the seaworld one later? Dies that make sense? I'm thinking I could use the aquatica one and get free parking and also be able to buy 50% off 1 day passes. Are the one day passes at discount only able to be purchased through a passholder website and do we have to use the ap before being able to buy the discount passes. The ap is $168 and then if 4 tix for $30 we would be spending $288 vs. $258 for 5 one day passes that wouldn't include ap for seaworld etc. can anyone offer advice?

No. If a ticket of any type is for both Sea World & Aquatica it becomes active for both parks the day you use it at one. There is no way of removing a park from the pass once the nonrefundable pass is purchased.
That is one thing that annoys me about Sea World. I've run into this issue before when they announced free passes for preschoolers after I'd already bought my preschool daughter an AP. They would not let me activate just the Aquatica part of her AP or even transfer just that part to hubby that already has a Sea World pass but no Aquatica. The day you activate the pass it's unfortunately for both parks immediately & really no way around it.
For the future it is almost always better for a FL resident to buy at least one AP. That way you aren't paying for parking, you get the in park discounts, you can use the passholder lounge (very nice when it's hot!), and they often run specials like 50% off Aquatica tickets or visit Busch gardens one time for free. Passholders almost always get 50% off one day sea world tickets for family and friends, which pretty much evens out to being the same price as the ones you bought BOGO.
Could you buy an AP & save the one day SW ticket if it has no expiration? Or maybe pass it along to somebody that could use it?

What kind of discounts can you get for one day tickets for Aquatica with an AP for Aquatica? One of my daycare kids will be in Orlando the same time as me and if I go ahead and buy the SeaWorld and Aquatica AP then I should be able to get one free ticket (Sept deal) to give them but they will need another one or possibly two if grandma wants to go.

I found the information - 50% off

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter