Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. This is not accurate. An entire thread dedicated to it on the Transportation board.
That's good to know. When I asked at the POFQ luggage services this past May if that was allowed they said they don't do luggage only transfers and that one person would have to be on the bus. Guess they don't police it.

That's good to know. When I asked at the POFQ luggage services this past May if that was allowed they said they don't do luggage only transfers and that one person would have to be on the bus. Guess they don't police it.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/dme-luggage-only-dont-want-to-ride-the-bus.2015788/
Correct, they don't have any mechanism in place to verify that someone got on the bus prior to their taking the bags. Mainly because you are not required to board a bus within X amount of time of arriving at the airport. You can take as long as you want to get on ME. They will offload your bags and send them on to Disney essentially right away, or fairly quickly. They don't have them lay around at the airport and wait till someone boards ME to send them. The resorts really have no idea as they have nothing at all to do with either service. The 2 different services are run by 2 different companies. Mears is who runs ME and Bags Inc runs the luggage service.

Though I'm confused on how you asked at FQ? Were you already there and asking about departure? If so they really gave you an incorrect answer as RAC is the bag service at the resorts and it too is run by Bags Inc but they have no connection to ME at all there. No requirement of any sort to use ME

If using Magical Express at least one person in your party has to be on the bus for them to take your luggage.

Is this on arrival or departure? Arrival I understand and we’ll be collecting our luggage ourselves and walking over to take DME. We actually fly in the night before but are staying in the airport at the Hyatt so I picked an early flight the next day and listed that when I reserved DME.

For departure, we were able to check our luggage at the airline check-in desk (this was at AKL), head to the parks and then Uber from there to the airport (no one in our party took DME). Has there been a recent change that would prevent that?

So on the 17th the park opens at 9. For those of us who have a 9-1 slot that kind of stinks unless they let us in a little early

So on the 17th the park opens at 9. For those of us who have a 9-1 slot that kind of stinks unless they let us in a little early

I don’t think it will be an issue. Imagine they’ll let us into the park early and have us in a holding area on Grand Ave until 9. For logistics, they’ll probably try to get us as far away from the TSL rope droppers as possible. Doubt they’ll let us in to GE before our preview time (maybe 10 minutes or so) no matter what time the park opens.

I don’t think it will be an issue. Imagine they’ll let us into the park early and have us in a holding area on Grand Ave until 9. For logistics, they’ll probably try to get us as far away from the TSL rope droppers as possible. Doubt they’ll let us in to GE before our preview time (maybe 10 minutes or so) no matter what time the park opens.
I was hoping they’d let us into the park early but not into GE obviously. Hopefully their email says something

I was hoping they’d let us into the park early but not into GE obviously. Hopefully their email says something

They let folks rope dropping TSL into the park early every day and hold them until a few minutes before opening time. Don’t think they would keep us out of the park gates until 9.

This isn’t a preview related question, but I can’t find the other SWGE thread on the boards despite searching.

Do we know when fast pass availability will happen? We are looking at going at the end of September. My 60 days is this week. Would we be able to get a fast pass this on that day for SWGE?

Is this on arrival or departure? Arrival I understand and we’ll be collecting our luggage ourselves and walking over to take DME. We actually fly in the night before but are staying in the airport at the Hyatt so I picked an early flight the next day and listed that when I reserved DME.

For departure, we were able to check our luggage at the airline check-in desk (this was at AKL), head to the parks and then Uber from there to the airport (no one in our party took DME). Has there been a recent change that would prevent that?

No we did the same thing in June. The departure bag check at the hotels is technically the airline check in as if you were at the airport, completely unrelated to the ME.

That brings up an interesting conundrum for WDW for Sunday, August 18 (the day we happen to have our preview slot at 9). DHS has EMH that morning at 8:00. Obviously, not every AP holder will also have a qualifying resort reservation, therefore there will be some folks at DHS arriving early for their passholder preview slot who should not be allowed on rides in the rest of the park during EMH. Assuming they gather all of us in the Muppets Courtyard area, that shouldn't be an issue, but how will they keep everything straight? I don't expect anyone to have an answer, I just think it'll be interesting to experience it.

We have the 9am slot on the 17th and will be at Coronado. I’m thinking the best option may be to Uber from Coronado to HS? Does anyone know where Uber drops off at HS?

They let folks rope dropping TSL into the park early every day and hold them until a few minutes before opening time. Don’t think they would keep us out of the park gates until 9.
I’m just wondering what time we should get to the park. We’ll be at the swolphin but I think we’re gonna drive anyway because we’ll probably drive home right after we leave the park

This isn’t a preview related question, but I can’t find the other SWGE thread on the boards despite searching.

Do we know when fast pass availability will happen? We are looking at going at the end of September. My 60 days is this week. Would we be able to get a fast pass this on that day for SWGE?
They have not said but it is certain there will not be any for a trip in Sept.

I’m just wondering what time we should get to the park. We’ll be at the swolphin but I think we’re gonna drive anyway because we’ll probably drive home right after we leave the park

I’m staying at the Dolphin. Planning on walking over pretty early. Not sure if they will give specifics in the instruction email. I dug up the one I received for Pandora in 2017 and it is rather generic. Hopefully they’ll be more specific this time. We’ll know in a few weeks!

If using Magical Express at least one person in your party has to be on the bus for them to take your luggage.
Not so. I have had my luggage experience a magical vacation in my room when my flight down got cancelled and I didn't make until the next day.

Going home, the process and send the bags through a separate service and they don't know if you are on ME or not

I would stick with the plan to collect the luggage and carry it. If you don't have a room reservation for that night, the system gets very confused and your bags might be left in the back bag area in the airport.

This happened to us one trip when we cancelled our first night room only when we got stuck in another city. They didn't see a reservation for that night and left the bags (our bags had made it to MCO)

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, we fly standby a lot and have all sorts of scenarios happen.

No news on if or when fp will be open for swge.
If anything I see them starting to offer it after December 5th not before

I’m staying at the Dolphin. Planning on walking over pretty early. Not sure if they will give specifics in the instruction email. I dug up the one I received for Pandora in 2017 and it is rather generic. Hopefully they’ll be more specific this time. We’ll know in a few weeks!
Are you thinking like 7:30 leave the dolphin?

Going on the 21st 11-3. Was able to snag FP for RNR and TSMM. I’ll keep checking for TOT I know it’s been tough due to the refurb. Prob do star tours and end the night with the Star Wars fire works show. Great day at DHS coming up! Can’t wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!