Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Sunday morning fellow stalkers! :surfweb:

Checking in with my hopes and dreams for the week. Tuesday and Friday are my long days at work this week so hoping for the other 3 days, preferably tomorrow. Do CM know when the registration opens on the hub tomorrow?

I remember a CM pulling us aside and asking us if we wanted to ride Splash Mountain before it was open. It was as magical as the time a CM was waiting when we stepped off the train and were handed a set of pins.

Maybe, they really want it to be for people that are already planning on a trip to WDW and happen to have active (PAPs because this is a thing they are doing going forward). Just a little something extra like the used to all the time for DVC and are starting to bring back. Certainly there aren't posts of people talking about waiting to pull the trigger on a DVC purchases if they could get a preview to SWGE.

Maybe Disney doesn't want the complaints if the punch list isn't quite done yet - "I booked CR at the Yacht Club for my entire family and bought PAPs (or did I just have them in my account ;-) plus first class airfare. AND XYZ wasn't even open or the special snack wasn't there and I want to be compensated or I will throw a fit online"

Obviously, this is an exaggeration but maybe they really want it to be for people that already have trips on the books with the activated PAPs and a preview is just something extra. Or it could be an I.T. thing because activation and level are going to a thing in the future - who knows?

You win some and lose some. Most people are beholden to jobs that don't allow freedom to leave at the last minute - heck most people can't afford to go to Disney whenever. Certainly, most people of the world can't afford PAPs or multiple Disney trips in a lifetime. It's another glorious Sunday. We're worried about stalking the computer (for weeks) to see something a few days before other privileged folks get to see it - perspective and balance. See you the last week of August because that is when our trip happened to be scheduled by default.

Maybe we'll be at SWGE (Or DH who actually likes Star Wars or not). Today, I am going to the beach. Too hot and dangerous for the phone. I wish you all success on your endeavor.

Good Sunday morning fellow stalkers! :surfweb:

Checking in with my hopes and dreams for the week. Tuesday and Friday are my long days at work this week so hoping for the other 3 days, preferably tomorrow. Do CM know when the registration opens on the hub tomorrow?
I’m assuming going based off of when stuff is open for us that it will open at 7am, or possibly 10am, since that is when runDisney stuff is available to book

Obviously, this is an exaggeration but maybe they really want it to be for people that already have trips on the books with the activated PAPs and a preview is just something extra. Or it could be an I.T. thing because activation and level are going to a thing in the future - who knows?
I have a trip booked already for the last week of August, we booked it with the bounceback discount back in February and airfare was purchased long ago. I am selfish enough to hope that every AP holder who has a trip booked during the preview dates, even if that trip is offsite, and even if their APs aren't activated yet, receives a guaranteed invitation to the preview.

I have a trip booked already for the last week of August, we booked it with the bounceback discount back in February and airfare was purchased long ago. I am selfish enough to hope that every AP holder who has a trip booked during the preview dates, even if that trip is offsite, and even if their APs aren't activated yet, receives a guaranteed invitation to the preview.

Looks like I will just miss you. I will be checking into WL early on 9/1!

I remember a CM pulling us aside and asking us if we wanted to ride Splash Mountain before it was open. It was as magical as the time a CM was waiting when we stepped off the train and were handed a set of pins.

Maybe, they really want it to be for people that are already planning on a trip to WDW and happen to have active (PAPs because this is a thing they are doing going forward). Just a little something extra like the used to all the time for DVC and are starting to bring back. Certainly there aren't posts of people talking about waiting to pull the trigger on a DVC purchases if they could get a preview to SWGE.

Maybe Disney doesn't want the complaints if the punch list isn't quite done yet - "I booked CR at the Yacht Club for my entire family and bought PAPs (or did I just have them in my account ;-) plus first class airfare. AND XYZ wasn't even open or the special snack wasn't there and I want to be compensated or I will throw a fit online"

You win some and lose some. Most people are beholden to jobs that don't allow freedom to leave at the last minute - heck most people can't afford to go to Disney whenever. Certainly, most people of the world can't afford PAPs or multiple Disney trips in a lifetime. It's another glorious Sunday. We're worried about stalking the computer (for weeks) to see something a few days before other privileged folks get to see it - perspective and balance. See you the last week of August because that is when our trip happened to be scheduled by default.

Maybe we'll be at SWGE (Or DH who actually likes Star Wars or not). Today, I am going to the beach. Too hot and dangerous for the phone. I wish you all success on your endeavor.

If this is truly Disney’s attitude about it, what I find very problematic is that they announced that previews would happen for Platinum Passholders and up, then almost immediately did price increases, in particular with out of state platinum seeing a ridiculous, unprecedented increase in price. Obviously they thought people might upgrade to platinum for a chance at this. So to go for all of the extra money for that, THEN say it has to be activated to sign up and not announce until so close to time (two things that are obviously more difficult for us who live a long distance away), it feels like a bit of a bait and switch. Getting people’s hopes up that if they pay more they have a chance at this preview, and then adding conditions that make that more difficult...it seems wrong.

I'm throwing my two cents into the fray. My prediction is that is that we will get the much anticipated invitation email on Friday, 7/26. We can make reservations starting Monday, 7/29. The AP preview window will run from 8/17 through 8/28. I'm backing up my prediction with a room only reservation at the Beach Club, and a non-refundable flight.

May the Force be with us!

FYI - Media previews *may* be the 27th and 28th of August. A little birdie may have told me this. (Apologize if this info has been shared previously).
If media previews will be August 27th and 28th then AP previews would be some time before that. The AP Pandora previews preceded the media previews.

FYI - Media previews *may* be the 27th and 28th of August. A little birdie may have told me this. (Apologize if this info has been shared previously).
FWIW 24th through 28th was the previous speculated/leaked media dates, posted on July 2.

My 2 cents, Disneys statement regarding AP previews was made in conjunction with the modest AP price increase.

Several posters suggested Disney won't announce AP dates and sign up procedures until GE is turned over to operations.

To revise statements of PP, Disney knows some AP holders will make non refundable air and hotel (DVC members booking on points). Disney doesn't want guests making such plans until Disney is confident GE will be ready. CM previews can be cancelled without real issues

I'm throwing my two cents into the fray. My prediction is that is that we will get the much anticipated invitation email on Friday, 7/26. We can make reservations starting Monday, 7/29. The AP preview window will run from 8/17 through 8/28. I'm backing up my prediction with a room only reservation at the Beach Club, and a non-refundable flight.

You could be right on the dates but not able to get a slot.

I booked an AP room at CBR and air with Southwest, using points. 8/20-8/23.

It should be in the AP preview dates. If I can't get a reservation for GE preview I'll cancel.

Not sure on the email but agree 100% on the preview dates and I just can’t take it anymore. Watching flights and rooms book up, I had to go all in, we’ll be at Saratoga 22-27 🤞

CM preview registration must have gone live at midnight their time. My CM friend just sent me a screen shot of his reservation confirmation!

I just saw a post on a Disney FB group I'm in of CM's who got theirs. I didn't expect midnight lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter