Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it wasn't an old link, it was the same link sent by the email just wasn't live live, you know, they were testing it and that's why some were getting through
In this day and age of immediate info, and with situations like this, when it's a limited time for a large group of people it's going to happen this way.
No one knew it would go live at 10am, so how long would people have to wait to try?
I am being naive I guess since I haven't done a preview before. I assumed someone would get the email once it was pushed, and share the link, so that everyone would know it was live even if they hadn't yet received the email. I had no clue people would be trying to click previous links to sneak in early. Really threw everyone for a loop! Maybe that happens every time one of these comes up? But all that matters is that it worked out for almost everyone here :)

I am being naive I guess since I haven't done a preview before. I assumed someone would get the email once it was pushed, and share the link, so that everyone would know it was live even if they hadn't yet received the email. I had no clue people would be trying to click previous links to sneak in early. Really threw everyone for a loop! Maybe that happens every time one of these comes up? But all that matters is that it worked out for almost everyone here :)
It does happen everytime
The issue with waiting for the email link is that they can be late. For pandora the email went out a whole day later, many slots were already taken by people that had the link from before.
It's the first time that the email has come out so fast and even then most got it an hour later and still some didn't even get it

It does happen everytime
The issue with waiting for the email link is that they can be late. For pandora the email went out a whole day later, many slots were already taken by people that had the link from before.
It's the first time that the email has come out so fast and even then most got it an hour later and still some didn't even get it
I think what PP means is waiting on the first email to go out, not so much your email.
If we'd all waited till the first email rolled out there would not have been 2 hours of wailing and gnashing of teeth that the screen just showed Chewy over and over again.
As soon as it truly went live (was turned on to work by Disney) it was a very smooth enrollment process. Except those that had already clicked early and gotten a cookie on their PC that wouldn't update
I do understand what they mean too. And if no one was trying to enter prior to that first notice of an email arriving, then it wouldn't book up before anyone got to sign up.
It would still take social media to get the word out that the email is out. For those who don't get it or don't get it quickly.

Does anyone know where you go to turn off email notifications to the thread?
Will it turn them off if I click Unwatch?
If I turn back on to just watch (so the alerts still show on the screen) does that turn back on emails?
In other words, where on earth is Thread Tools here?

Does anyone know where you go to turn off email notifications to the thread?
Will it turn them off if I click Unwatch?
If I turn back on to just watch (so the alerts still show on the screen) does that turn back on emails?
In other words, where on earth is Thread Tools here?
Yes, unwatch

Thanks for the tip on AP room rates! I had booked Coronado through Priceline but ended up booking direct through Disney for about $16 less. And avoided the hassle of Priceline only booking for 2 adults even though I searched for 2A and 1C.

Refresh my memory, when we check out of OKW on the 16th they will transfer our luggage to Coronado, correct? Any issues with DME that I need to be aware of? We plan to pick up our own luggage and grab it on arrival. On our last day (SWGE Preview day) we’ll check our luggage at the airline luggage check desk in Coronado and probably just Uber from HS to the airport so we don’t have to leave so early (we have pre-check). Sound ok?

Yep, they'll transfer your bags. Takes ALL day so be prepared.
No ME issues at all.

Thank you!! We’ll make sure to keep essentials in our backpacks that day. We may even just do a resort day and enjoy Coronado. We’ve never been before and the new tower looks cool.

After just not “feeling it” for Pop and AofA (where I was holding reservations), I saw a great $200 rate for the next Gran Destino Tower at Coronado so excited to try it. Stayed there once about 20 yrs ago on a work thing.

After just not “feeling it” for Pop and AofA (where I was holding reservations), I saw a great $200 rate for the next Gran Destino Tower at Coronado so excited to try it. Stayed there once about 20 yrs ago on a work thing.

I went back and forth on paying more for the tower room but in the end did the standard view regular room. I bet your room is going to be great!!!

@conandrob240 Did you book AP discounted room rate?

Last edited:
There were 3 options: the land and the ride, the land + ride + Oga’s Cantina, and the land + ride + Savi’s workshop. Based on the time you gave(about 11am) I think the Oga’s and Savi’s options were already sold out. Or it could have been you accidentally didn’t see them, but I would bet on them being sold out.

I'm really not sure. It only mentions Smuggler's Run and there are asterisks next to everything else. I'm only interested in the ride so that's fine. Thank you!

We stayed in the tower the day it opened and it's so beautiful and the rooms seemed larger than the regular Coronado rooms. It was also very convenient as far as location. We were able to book it for less than $180 after taxes with the AP rate at the time. I'm not sure if we'll stay on-site for this preview or just make it a day trip.

Coronado is a great choice. I won't return to Pop because of their lack of customer service and while AoA is nice the Wi-Fi was pretty bad.

I didn't need to see this at all....we're booked in a Mermaid room at AoA. It's only for a night and we've never stayed there....I had 2 offers in my cart and the other one was the Grand Destino Tower room. Ugh!

I didn't need to see this at all....we're booked in a Mermaid room at AoA. It's only for a night and we've never stayed there....I had 2 offers in my cart and the other one was the Grand Destino Tower room. Ugh!

See if you can change, should be plenty of time for them to adjust the booking for you.

Andre

Refresh my memory, when we check out of OKW on the 16th they will transfer our luggage to Coronado, correct? Any issues with DME that I need to be aware of? We plan to pick up our own luggage and grab it on arrival. On our last day (SWGE Preview day) we’ll check our luggage at the airline luggage check desk in Coronado and probably just Uber from HS to the airport so we don’t have to leave so early (we have pre-check). Sound ok?
If using Magical Express at least one person in your party has to be on the bus for them to take your luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!