Annual Passholder Rate Question

jmcross

One way to get tagged is to have a tag sale :)
I have a question that I think I know the answer to. My annual pass expires next month and I am not planning to renew as we are only going for one week in April next year.

I can see the annual passholder rates for April and can book and pay for it now. Will my reservation be cancelled once my pass expires? Why does the system allow me to see and book the rate? Is the assumption there that I will renew my pass?

Thanks,

Joanne

From what I understand, you will need to present an active AP upon check-in. If you don’t have one, you will revert to the current rack rate without discounts.

I’m sure you can see the AP rates because you are current AP holder. I don’t think the technology is such that they match the expiration date of your current pass to the dates you are browsing for future hotel visits. There is great incentive on Disney’s side to get you to renew your AP, so if you find an AP rate that is cheaper than the rack rate, you may be more inclined to renew. It’s working for me over in Universal. 😂

Okay, thanks. I figured that that was the answer.

Anyone can book at the AP rate - you don't have to have an AP to book. You WILL need to have an AP at check-in though, or you're likely to have your rate changed to full rack rate.

Of course, finding the AP rates on-line, if you don't have an active AP, is challenging :). You can call and ask for the AP rates (assuming there are any) and book that way. The CM will ask if you have an AP. Tell them you'll be purchasing it prior to your trip.

Steve

I've not been asked to show my AP card at check-in the two times I've gotten an AP rate, but I have always just assumed they can see it linked to my account. I wouldn't risk booking an AP rate when you're not an AP any longer, as you could get stuck paying a lot more upon check-in as a PP suggested.

I agree. I'm not trying to cheat the system. I just wondered if there was some kind of weird loophole that would allow me to book an AP rate as a current AP holder for a future stay. I assumed the AP would need to be active at the time of the resort stay.

Is looking under "current promotions" the only way to see AP rates? If so can I book and add AP discount later? Looking to book for June and I don't see any discounts yet at all.

Is looking under "current promotions" the only way to see AP rates? If so can I book and add AP discount later? Looking to book for June and I don't see any discounts yet at all.
There's no AP discount for June yet. I believe it's only through April right now.

Technically, once your AP expires, you won’t be able to see AP rates online. However, mine expired a couple of weeks ago and for some reason, I still see them. I can no longer see the discounts for hard ticket events or buy those tickets, but I can see resort discounts. I also booked a stay for March under the AP rate even though my AP is expired. I have a voucher I’ll eventually link and activate once we’re there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter