Annual Passholder Voucher / DDE card

DVC Grandpa

DVC Member
I am currently a Annual Passholder although my year ends in September and our next scheduled trip isn't until February '07. I believe it would be worth the extra money to purchase a new DVC discounted pass rather than renewing the one I have. If I renew it yet this summer thru DVC will I get a voucher which would be activated upon my first use and not the date I purchased the voucher? If it doesn't start until I first use it can I still purchase a DDE card (in advance) using the voucher? (I would rather get the DDE card when I go to WDW but what I read is that it has to be applied for prior to arriving.)
Just trying to plan ahead.

As far as the AP, the renewal discount is about $15. Since your current pass expires in Sept and your first trip is in Feb, I would not renew, but simply purchase a new pass. I would wait and order a, AP voucher in December or early January...that way there is no confusion on WDWs part that you may want a renewal instead of a new pass. Once your voucher arrives, then call DDE in January (assuming that the DDE card will be available in 2007.) You can arrange to pickup a temporary card or voucher at the main entrance to EPCOT, as your plastic DDE probably won't arrive before you leave for your trip.

Chuck, I believe you are saying that I can get the DDE with only having AP voucher and do not have to have the issued AP. If this is correct, I could purchase the voucher anytime and then in December purchase the DDE card. If I wait until December to purchase the DDE card, will they deliver the plastic card to the resort if requested or will I only get a paper statement as to being a DDE member.
Thanks for the help.

As far as I know, you can order the DDE with a voucher. The reason I suggested waiting unti lDecember or early Juanuary to order the DDE is to enable you to get a full year of use from the DDE. (It expires about 13 months from order date, they allow a little time for shipping). I don't think they will deliver the card to the resort, they are printed and shipped from an offsite/out of state mail center. Assuming that ordering it in January still won't give it time to arrive in the mail prior to your trip, you only option to make arrangements to get a temporary at EPCOT...I don't know if it is a paper card or a letter type temporary DDE.

I recently got a DDE card with my AP voucher number. I waited until March 7 to order my DDE card so it would have an April 30, 2007 exp. My credit card was charged on March 7 but the DDE card had still not arrived when we left for our trip on April 3. I called DDE back on about March 28 and they had a temporary paper DDE card waiting for me at the Epcot Guest Relations window. My permanent DDE card was in the mail when I returned from WDW. No problems using the temporary card.

jekjones1558 said:
I recently got a DDE card with my AP voucher number. I waited until March 7 to order my DDE card so it would have an April 30, 2007 exp. My credit card was charged on March 7 but the DDE card had still not arrived when we left for our trip on April 3. I called DDE back on about March 28 and they had a temporary paper DDE card waiting for me at the Epcot Guest Relations window. My permanent DDE card was in the mail when I returned from WDW. No problems using the temporary card.

Been there, done that. Ordered the DVC AP, got the vouchers and called about 2 weeks before our trip for the DDE card. Arranged for a temp card to be picked up at Epcot and the 'official' card was in the mailbox when we got home. Didn't have any problems using it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter