Annual reading challenge 2017-come join us

I may join this next round, but mine will surely be limited to how much I read.

Yay! You can set your goal as low or high as you want. For a few years there I was reading 100+ books a year (lot of down time at work) then dropped to 60 & this past year only managed 45.
I think quality is better than quantity and this year I just couldn't find many good books. My favorite authors just don't write fast enough, lol.

Yay! You can set your goal as low or high as you want. For a few years there I was reading 100+ books a year (lot of down time at work) then dropped to 60 & this past year only managed 45.
I think quality is better than quantity and this year I just couldn't find many good books. My favorite authors just don't write fast enough, lol.
I do a lot of trial watching and my books are backed up big time. I may set it up for a 2 book for the year.....:rotfl:

I completed my goal of 40 books on Goodreads for the year! I think next year I am cutting back to 36 because my son is getting married and we will be busy with that.

I think favorite this year was either Girl on the Train or American Gods. But neither is on my all time favorite list.

I think favorite this year was either Girl on the Train or American Gods. But neither is on my all time favorite list.

Speaking of favorite, would anyone like a separate thread regarding favorites of the year? I always like to see favorites, so I'd be willing to start one.

I'll go ahead and post but I'm still reading my last book for the year. The House at Riverton by Kate Morton (I believe). It's our book club pick for January. I'm enjoying it, it's in the same era as Downton Abby.

I finished book 53 early this morning, so I am counting it as a 2017 read.

#49 - The Whispering Room by Dean Koontz
#50 - Judgement in Death by JD Robb
#51 - Interlude in Death by JD Robb
#52 - Seduction in Death by JD Robb
#53 - Reunion in Death by JD Robb

Week 52 (I got really behind in my posting because of the holiday, a Disney trip and a nasty bout with the stomach flu. I read three books in the final week which brings me to 209/208 and meets my goal. The books I read were:

Waiter's Rant by Steve Dublanica - nonfiction. A blogging waiter turned his experience waiting tables into a book. Some interesting insights about being a server in a higher end restaurant.

Hana's Suitcase - The Quest to Solve a Holocaust Mystery by Karen Levine. A Holocaust museum in Japan receives a suitcase from those recovered when the death camps were liberated. They put it on display and embark on a project to find out about the person who owned the suitcase and what that person's story had been. Young Adult non-fiction.

The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro. Woman's fiction. At the same time she learns of her husband's affair, a woman inherits an apartment in Paris from someone she has never heard of before. She goes to Paris to find out more and get some perspective on her marriage. The story moves between the woman whose apartment it was and the women inheriting unraveling why it was it was left to her. It was an interesting read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!