Another 1st time visitor. Need suggestions.

Rippington'sFan

Go Blue!
We have 4 full days for the parks in August and we are staying onsite. (All Star Music)
I need help in deciding the order in which we visit the parks. The full days we are going to have are a Tuesday thru Friday. This is our 1st visit. The kids are 8 and 5.
I believe the early entry park schedule for when we will be there is something like this:
Tuesday early entry = MGM ; Wednesday = Epcot ; Thursday = Magic Kingdom ;
Friday = Animal Kingdom
Is it wise to take advantage of All the early entry parks? I know that’s a silly question but I have heard people say that sometimes they avoid the early entry park because EVERYBODY flocks there like a herd of buffalo. LOL I’m not sure what to do so that’s why I’m asking for suggestions because I want to devise a set plan so I can complete arrangements for priority seatings for lunch etc…
We do have 4 day park hopper tickets. With 4 full days we could do a different park each day but I’m not sure if we will need more than one day at Magic Kindom. Something tells me we will need more than a day at Magic Kingdom. What would you do?
I appreciate any and all suggestions that you can give me.
thanks,

:)

It will depend on the crowds but I would leave at least two days for the Magic Kingdom, its still the best park and has most of the best rides especially for you age group. Secondly there is nothing like heading right to the Magic Kingdom to start your trip. Normally MGM and Epcot can be done in one day for your age group. Then on your last day hit the Animal Kingdom. Some people recommend to go to the other parks instead of the early entry park because so many people go for the extra hour. To me it isn't that big of a difference and with little ones its pretty hard to get them to the park by 8:00 AM anyway. Lastly the park really doesn't start filling up until 11:00 anyway so regardless of which park you go to make sure your there for the opening and enjoy the popular rides first. Have fun.

Albine, thanks for your help. Hey, didn't the sox just sweep the Yankees? hahahaha Actually beating the Yankees in April is one thing. Beating them in October is a whole different story. I can't argue with you about the Yankees until the Sox beat them in the playoffs.
Boy I hate those damn Yankees!:hyper:

Let me add one thing to my original post...

What do think would be the least favorite park for a 8 and 5 year old?

We just went in March and also stayed at the All star Music. Here is what we did on our trip. Thurs- went to Ak for half the day, went back to room, swam, ate dinner off-site, went to MK, next day went to MGM for half the day, swam, went to Mk, next day went to Epcot, spent most all the day, until about 4, then swam, went offsite, did some sight seeing, ate, did DTD, the next day we started off at Mk, it was very very crowded, don't ever go there on a Monday. we still were able to use fast passes, and got to do most things we wanted to do. I was glad we had already been to Mk a couple of times because If we had only had the one day there I would have really been disappointed. Some tips, if you get tired at mk, get on the train, or the TTA, you will get some rest and a ride and there usually isn't a wait for either. Also, since you are going in August expect rain daily. The least fave of our kids was the Animal Kingdom, there aren't as many rides there and there is a lot lot lot of walking, they were bored there. Hope I helped ya!
Kim
PS: Mk is so much better at night, it is not as crowded, definitely not as hot, but absolutely more beautiful with everything all lit up.

We have only been once but wanted to let you know that our kids who were 4 and 8 when we went didn't like EPCOT at all. Then again neither did mom and dad! Just wasn't for us. Next December we are skipping it all together. With the ages of your kids I would definately do 2 days at MK--it is so magical.
Just our opinion--have fun.

Lory

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter