Another air security?

tecdavidt

<font color=00cc00>Ready to leave the frosty Midwe
Here is one I forgot, Do you still lock your checked bags? If your bags get searched do they do it in front of you or do they cut the locks? Kathy

I don't know the answer to this specifically, but I do know that if it is just a standard luggage lock, they already have all the keys. I once read a trip report where someone who had lost a bag and was telling the airline clerk what was in the bag because it wasn't labeled w/ a name tag and they needed identifying items. After she told them she offered the key to the bag, the airline clerks response was "oh we don't need that". And she got the bag back, re-locked!

When we sailed in December, we locked our bags both before boarding the plane, and when placing them outside the door on the last night of the cruise. We had small combination locks, which really wouldn't stop anyone who really wanted to get into your luggage, but we didn't have any trouble with security when checking our bags.

YES, you lock your checked bags. They do not open checked bags, they only (maybe) x-ray them.

And I use combination locks too. :)

Thank you again for the quick answers. We have always locked our bags in the past but with all the new security measures in place I really didn't know if that would be an accepted practice. I feel more relaxed now that I know my bags will be locked.

I also checked on the American Airlines website about what is allowed and what isn't. I was surprised that shavors like a disposable Bic are allowed. I still think that and all my other metal tools, tweezers, nail fail, nail clippers and folding scissors for sewing case will all go in my packed luggage. No mention of spray cans, like hairspray, or facial toners not being allowed but I will still put that in my checked bag. No reason to risk it.

The cruise we are going on is a Carnival Immagination cruise. It is a 5 night cruise which is 2 days at sea and 2 ports. Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. Two new ports for us. Grand Cayman is a port of call for the Magic for the new western itinerary so looking forword checking it out. We cruise the western route in March 2003.

This cruise is also without our children. Just mom and dad :) . The kids didn't seem to mind, they prefer DCL :D. They also know they will be on the Magic over Spring Break this March. Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter