Another AP Question

Lisa3

DIS Veteran
I'm not quite sure how these APs work. From what I understand I will receive a voucher for my APs and they must somehow be activated - how is this done? We will be driving from NJ and checking into our room before going to the park (not even sure if we will make the park on the first day). Can I check into the hotel with the voucher? If not how do I activate the voucher and can this be done without going to the park first?

We have our vouchers (bought at our local TDS) and will be checking in at 11:30 at night. All we have to do is activate our vouchers the next day at one of the Guest Services posts in the four parks or in DTD, then show our activated card to the front desk of the resort when we return from the parks that evening.
You shouldn't have any problems!
-MrsAPalm

You'll hear the same thing *many* times, but here it is:

The "official" line is that you must have an activated AP to receive the passholder discount on a resort. The reality is that you may find (a) they ask for an activated AP; (b) they accept the voucher; (c) they don't even ask for anything (which is what happened to me at 3 different resorts this past January).

To activate it, just walk up to Guest Services at any of the parks (I don't think it will work anywhere else, and certainly not at the resorts) and tell them you're ready to redeem your AP voucher. After a few questions and presenting a photo ID, you'll get your AP. NOTE: Be sure to have them give you a "sleeve" for it - at least back in January, the AP was a flimsy paper pass, which seems completely ridiculous in light of the fact that the hoppers you even purchase at the Disney Store are plastic cards.

On your first entrance through a park turnstile, you'll have to put your hand in a scanner (think about making the "peace" or "V for victory" sign) to get a reading. It'll take just a moment longer the first time than any other time after that.

Enjoy yourself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter