Another Banking Question

mimmiepnp

DIS Veteran
I am sorry for all the questions but in all my DVC years I never had so many points to bank.....not that I am complaining as we have three DCL cruises on the horizon starting with Alaska in 2 weeks!!😊
I have to bank 151 points by end of July but in the upcoming months will be booking at the 7 month mark for 2020 DVC trips. Will I be able to use my 151 banked points first for those trips? And how long are they allowed to stay banked until,you lose them?

Thanks again for all the clarification!!

Banking moves them to your next UY. So the answers on use timeline depends on your UY.

With a July deadline I assume your UY is December. Banked points will be usable from 12/1/19 through 11/30/20. They expire 11/30/20.

I am sorry for all the questions but in all my DVC years I never had so many points to bank.....not that I am complaining as we have three DCL cruises on the horizon starting with Alaska in 2 weeks!!😊
I have to bank 151 points by end of July but in the upcoming months will be booking at the 7 month mark for 2020 DVC trips. Will I be able to use my 151 banked points first for those trips? And how long are they allowed to stay banked until,you lose them?

Thanks again for all the clarification!!
If you have to bank by the end of July, then you must have a December UY. That being the case, any 2018 points banked into your 2019 UY can be used to book a reservation that begins no sooner than 12/01/19 or ends with a final night no later than 11/30/19.

Banked points are automatically used first when you book online. The banked points will expire 11/30/20.

So that mean I can use my banked points to book my 2020 vacations in August (for March 2020 vacation) and September ( for May 2020 vacation)? If that is correct then I understand! Thank you.

Last edited:

So that mean I can use my banked points to book my 2020 vacations in August (for March 2020 vacation) and September ( for May 2020 vacation)? If that is correct then I understand! Thank you.

Yes. When you book doesn't matter with points just that the points you use are eligible for the dates of your stay. Banked Dec 2018 points can be used for stays from 12/1/19-11/30-20 along with your Dec 2019 points. March 2020 and May 2020 stays fall right into the 12/1/19-11/30/20 dates that those points will be eligible to be used. They do have to be banked in order to be used for those stays.

Points can be banked once into the next UY so if you do not use them by 11/30/20 they will expire.

Disney charges WAY TOO MUCH in points, for their cruises. Much better to just rent the points out, and take the cash, and pay for the cruise at cash price. MUCH BETTER deal. Also, David's DVC Rentals has a 'Cruise Swap' program that you really might want to check out.

For example: A 7 night Bahamas Cruise on the Disney Wonder, leaving February 7th 2020, costs about 220 points per person, for an Inside cabin. If you go to a travel website, such as www.vacationstogo.com you can get the same cruise for $1739 per person. If you rented out your 220 points at $15 per point, then you would get $3,300 cash. If you rented them out for $17 a point, you would get $3,700 cash. In other words, you would be able to rent the points that would be required for ONE person, and pay for TWO people at the cash rate, with the money. It is essentially going for HALF of what Disney charges in points FOR THE SAME CRUISE.

I honestly don't know why any DVC member would EVER pay for a cruise with points. Really. Really bad deal!

Disney charges WAY TOO MUCH in points, for their cruises. Much better to just rent the points out, and take the cash, and pay for the cruise at cash price. MUCH BETTER deal. Also, David's DVC Rentals has a 'Cruise Swap' program that you really might want to check out.

For example: A 7 night Bahamas Cruise on the Disney Wonder, leaving February 7th 2020, costs about 220 points per person, for an Inside cabin. If you go to a travel website, such as www.vacationstogo.com you can get the same cruise for $1739 per person. If you rented out your 220 points at $15 per point, then you would get $3,300 cash. If you rented them out for $17 a point, you would get $3,700 cash. In other words, you would be able to rent the points that would be required for ONE person, and pay for TWO people at the cash rate, with the money. It is essentially going for HALF of what Disney charges in points FOR THE SAME CRUISE.

I honestly don't know why any DVC member would EVER pay for a cruise with points. Really. Really bad deal!
Its a personal preferance

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts