Another commercial....Apple

wvjules

DIS Veteran
I go from being being "mad" that the girls are excluded from everything and are given an iPad to keep them occupied, to crying at the end when the Grandfather cries. (In the shorter version on TV, not the long one posted here.) It breaks my heart.

Oh wow, this long version is even sadder. Why, Apple, why?????

Holiday - The Surprise

I've only seen it once, but those seemed like terrible parents. Always shooing their kids away with an iPad instead of dealing with them.

Now that I think I've seen the longer commercial I think they are home for the first Christmas since grandmother died so I can kind of understand it now. They are dealing with things. Grandpa is dealing with the loss of his wife, the kids *are* annoying. He's just trying to get by. The longer commercial is much better, IMO.

3 minute commercials. Ugh. But when we got to the point where they put in a VHS tape of Grandma and Grandpa's wedding, I realized I had seen this before. Kinda. I mean, I didn't really pay attention.

I think the commercial probably shows how real life happens with the usage of electronics for some parents and how siblings fight and whatnot so it's more 'real' if you will. I agree it was sad and I wasn't really left with the warm and fuzzies..just sad. I get that the point was the usage of the iPad to create something but I kinda was just left with sad feelings and not much interest in getting an iPad. So I'd say a miss for me unfortunately.

When the commercial is on TV it is a much shorter version. That is just the one I found online.

I cry at both versions. When the Grandpa gets choked up and waves back at the screen...:sad::sad::sad:

The first time I saw the short version, I was like, man, these parents seem super stressed with the kids.

And the second I realized that the grandmother had passed, it clicked. This felt so real.

Also, on a funny note, I love how the older sister is just randomly pedaling the bike while they look at home videos. That is 100% a realistic detail of life.

It had me being annoyed at the parents handing the kids the Ipad everything they wanted them out of the way, to being in tears at the video the girls made with Grandma in it. Some of the people who think up these things are creative genius's. Thanks for sharing wvjules-I don't usually see commercials like these unless someone on the DIS posts them!

I saw the shortened version on tv and while I did get a little misty at the end, I was still irritated by the rest of it, the constant "Here kids, take the iPad now shut up and go away". If the shorter commercial mentioned anything about the grandma JUST passing away and they were all still dealing with that, then I didn't catch it. I just assumed it happened a couple years ago or something, so it made it look like shoving your kids into the corner with an iPad and ignoring them is a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter