Another Conference? Sure! Why not? A PTR

enandtsmom

Earning My Ears
I’ve read so many trip report and dining reviews over the years, that I just really want to write my own report. Since all those reports have help me so much, I hope mine will help others. Plus, I have a little more free time, I can write here to keep me busy.

Introductions

Hi- I’m Jennifer- a loving wife and wonderful mom to 3 boys. I love WDW, HP,and adore Thor. My DH is F and he is the reason I get to take this trip. He enjoys movies and video games.
253845-c71cb46014dd86b777fa2565572cc772.jpg

When and Why:
November 11- 19, 2017

We will be traveling the week before Thanksgiving for a conference where DH can learn about his computer craft and I can visit the parks. This is the second year my husband is going to this conference! This will be the first trip without any of the boys (well maybe). Last year, we took our youngest with us and he thoroughly enjoyed it all. This year two of the boys are in college and the youngest is starting high school and no one wants to miss class. I’m impressed by their devotion to school.

The Middle One (will be going by MO from now on), E, and Bo- They are handsome if I must say so. (per the MO a purchase for this years trip is Thing 1 and 3 sweatshirts) Favorites for MO include Chip and Dale and robotics, for E are Dr Who and HP and for Bo- Transformers and HP.

This year we will be staying at the Royal Pacific Resort. We stayed there last year and I fell in love with it! Now we have done WDW and USO before. Normally we stay on-property at Disney. Well when work pays for the hotel, we stay where they are willing to pay. I mean Free is always better, Right? As you can image having college students, funds all go to them, and no trips to Orlando where on the plans for a few years. When DH said the job wants me to go to Orlando for this conference, I took the blessing and ran with it. We just had to get park tickets and his work has a discount program for that. Score!

Now I will admit that last year all my focus was on how to get to WDW if I was staying at RPR. I was nervous about staying at RPR. My only interest was Hogwarts. I can’t ride a lot of rides because of my size. When I left, my mind had change. I loved how close to the parks the hotel was located. The food at city walk was divine. And I could walk through the pre- areas of many rides without actually having to ride.

I hope that you will follow along as I plan this trip and then head out for my mostly solo adventures in the parks (One downside to HB being in training all day). I'll be figuring out how to post pics and responding. My spelling and grammar may fall short- Dyslexia will do that to you. We've only known a few days that we are going again so I'm still in the gathering my wits about me to plan the fun stage.

i'm in for the read and will be following along....

don't worry about grammar or spelling....
whatever you write will be great!

Planning a trip is always in the back of my mind. You have to be ready to go when the time to go comes around. DH’s training starts on Sunday this year so we have to travel down on Saturday. We live north of Atlanta so we just drive down to Orlando. It’s about 8 hours of driving. Driving for us makes the most sense. It would take us 2 hours to get to the airport on a good day, then getting through the airport, the actual flight, then getting out of MCO and to the hotel. Well by the time we have gotten through all that, we could just drive and stop if we need to. So, driving it is.

Travel Day – Once we get to RPR- we will enjoy the hotel, take a dip in the pool, and have dinner.

Sunday- I really want to go to brunch at the California Grill, but I don’t want to experience it by myself so I may put this off till we are heading home. Other wise, I'll spend the day around RPR and City Walk.

Monday- Heading to Epcot for the last day of Food and Wine

Tuesday- Taking my DH to the Christmas party at the MK

One of the next 3 days will be just for HP. I love walking around and taking in all the details.

Wednesday- Universal

Thursday- Universal

Friday- Universal

Saturday- We are staying the extra day so we can experience Christmas at HP.

Going home day- Brunch at CG or Bob Evans breakfast- this has become a tradition for us since there are none around us.

We also will be eating at Toothsome, Margaritaville, Bubba Gump and a few other local places. My travels tend to involve food and lots of menu reading goes into planning our meals for trips.

Like I said this will be the first trip without any of the boys. Last year was hard, the oldest boys wanted to stay home since it was so close to mid-terms. While I totally understood, it made the trip very different and a little depressing. So much so that I hated the day we spent at MK. After that day, I had a serious conversation with myself reminding me that they wanted us to have fun and to get over it. It makes it easier this year because I know what to except going in.

PLUS… Since after classes Friday- everyone is on Thanksgiving break: they may be able to join us if they want too. It’s only a full day but it’s something. They can drive down or fly. I would prefer that they fly. I know it is easier to drive but for 2 young drivers- 8 hours even on mostly highway is hard. If they fly, we can all ride back together instead having 2 cars to get back. This option will be studied a bit more, and hopefully they will all come join us.

Looks like you have full days lined up
Doing both parks means you will have a blast!

And sounds like each day will be busy

You have a lot planned out now

(Now I live in Georgia also
I drove down early this year but would have made it in 8.5 hours except I stopped to spend the night when I was 2.5 hours from Disney

Drove over the speed limit except when on 75 was in Macon or Valdosta area
Radar traps.....)

@enandtsmom We'll be overlapping by two days! We're driving down from VA and arriving on the 18th. HRH, here we come!

My husband and I both grew up in around Macon. We slow down starting in Forsyth cause they will get you in a heart beat. Macon I don't worry about at much, but we normally have to stop there to meet family to pick up or drop off something.

@enandtsmom We'll be overlapping by two days! We're driving down from VA and arriving on the 18th. HRH, here we come!
Yeah!!!

Hello-

Must of the universal days will not be full days. I'm hoping that DH will get tickets for the afternoon/evenings. I think my main plan right now is to take it slow take it all in.
Some ride I won't ride. Last time I rode MIB, I came off sick as a dog. I had never had that happen on a ride before. Find out yesterday that my oldest had a class canceled and he ended up in a class that doesn't meet on Fridays. Woo hoo. But the MO still has Friday classes cause that is his major so he won't skip it. So we will see what they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!