Another Day, Another Countdown... An August 2017 PTR *Updated 8/26 I'm back!*

My poor sandal was the victim of my fast-walk this morning, though – as the dang thing broke on my walk home this afternoon and I proceeded to make every person I encountered – pedestrian and driver alike – assume I was 5 drinks into my evening already…

:laughing: I don't know why, but that struck me as really funny.
Your sandal gave its all so you could do rides at Disney! The ultimate sacrifice!

I’m forever trying to come up with the perfect planning spreadsheet! Let me know if you have any good tips!

Sorry! I don't spreadsheet. I just Word it.

Everything worked out exactly as I’d wanted it to except for that pesky little FoP FastPass that remained elusive. I even tried going after that day first! Ahh, well. So my improvised plan is to plop myself in standby first thing on AK early entry day on Monday, August 21 since my first FastPass doesn’t have to be taken until the back end of my 9:25-10:25am date with Dinosaur, so that’ll give me up to 2+ hours in standby.

Ah! I was wondering why I didn't see it on your spreadsheet. I'd heard that was the headliner.

img_1789-jpg.246116

So pretty, as always.

I think that covers it! I’m heading to Chicago for a work conference on Friday and when I first started planning my August trip, this weekend’s Chicago trip was a bit more than my halfway mark so I’m both excited to get to Chicago and also excited that I’m on the second half of my countdown!!! :hyper:

I just missed you I was there the day you posted this. So close!

I am following along! I just got caught up.

I too am always trying to figure out how to make the best spread sheet. I always end up trying to make something in power point to kind of add things on the side and stuff... But still a work in progress.

beyond just nonstop babbling about my Annual Pass

any talk about AP is totally a legitimate post!! My AP magnet is on my refrigerator and I stare at it every time I'm hanging out getting ice and water or whatever. You're in the club now!!

My 7:05pm ADR at LTT on arrival day is with none other than the lovely Su-Lynn and her husband Steve!

Fun fun fun!!

Everything worked out exactly as I’d wanted it to except for that pesky little FoP FastPass that remained elusive. I even tried going after that day first! Ahh, well. So my improvised plan is to plop myself in standby first thing on AK early entry day

Ugh! Boo! This is worrying me about October. I have been working (not very much though, honestly) on those daily plans and I have AK on the 4th day. I'm hoping that is far enough into the trip to get one. Originally I was going to choose the FP for the river journey, but I think I'm going to make my mom ride FoP and just down some dramamine before riding!! If I can't get FPs though, we might skip it, b/c I don't want her first AK experience to be a gigantosaurus line.

I'm so anxious for you to report back after the trip about how rope drop works for you on early entry day!!

:laughing: I don't know why, but that struck me as really funny.
Well, then, you're welcome for the laughs :laughing:

Your sandal gave its all so you could do rides at Disney! The ultimate sacrifice!
Yes, indeed!

Sorry! I don't spreadsheet. I just Word it.
:rotfl:

So pretty, as always.
:hug:

I just missed you I was there the day you posted this. So close!
:sad: Someday, we will meet! And it will be worth the wait! :goodvibes

I am following along! I just got caught up.
Yay!!! Welcome! :goodvibes

I too am always trying to figure out how to make the best spread sheet.
Yes! I love it when Disers post pictures of their own, so I can "borrow" ideas ;)

any talk about AP is totally a legitimate post!! My AP magnet is on my refrigerator and I stare at it every time I'm hanging out getting ice and water or whatever. You're in the club now!!
Thank you!!! It's the coolest club to be in, isn't it?! :thumbsup2

If I can't get FPs though, we might skip it, b/c I don't want her first AK experience to be a gigantosaurus line.
I completely get that. And there's always next time if you do.

I'm so anxious for you to report back after the trip about how rope drop works for you on early entry day!!
Me, too! I'm hoping since I'll have over 2 hours before my Dinosaur FP window closes, I'll be okay? But who knows, I'm trying to go in with low expectations of how the line will be... and that anything better than my low expectations will be great news! ::yes::

Just found this PTR, we'll be there from Aug 21-30. MK on the 22nd and Epcot on the 23rd.
Welcome!!! My PTR has been a bit neglected recently but I hope to have another update soon - actually, recapping my 2015 Dismeets... how timely! ;) Will you be in MK and Epcot all day on those days?

Welcome!!! My PTR has been a bit neglected recently but I hope to have another update soon - actually, recapping my 2015 Dismeets... how timely! ;) Will you be in MK and Epcot all day on those days?
Not sure, those are our first two days. Anything is possible, especially with my youngest being 12.

Not sure, those are our first two days. Anything is possible, especially with my youngest being 12.
Let me know if you're interested in a meet... I'm always up for one! I'll be posting my daily plans over the next several days so you'll have a better idea of where I might be and when... and if my plans might line up with your plans! :thumbsup2

One Month Countdown!

Hello, friends! I can’t believe it’s been over a month since my FP+ day! And… we all know if it’s been a month since that date, it can only mean one thing – ONE MONTH UNTIL DISNEY!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

This past month has been a bit… busy. As you may know, I’m in grad school for library science and my summer course is particularly challenging because it’s a condensed semester. Also… my mom and her long-time boyfriend have decided to get married… July 28!... about 4 ½ weeks from the date they decided to. So, although it’ll be very low-key, getting everyone ready for that (including getting my sister and her boyfriend stateside from England) has taken a bit of coordination. I’m also trying to get ahead in school so that I can enjoy my sister’s short trip home and not have to juggle papers and projects, yuck!

Anyway… on with the show! "A Spectacular Journey into my August trip!"
IMG_1450.JPG
(Side note: Is anyone else horrified that this ride is going away? I mean, I get it, but there's just no ride entrance that gives me quite the same feeling as this sight does :sad1:)

Since today marks one month until I leave for Disney, I thought I’d try to post something nightly about my plans for each day, one month out. The wedding is next Friday so I’ll be able to get through it before then!

The night before I leave, I’ll drive about 2 hours to my sister’s (not the one who lives in England... the one with the adorable children from my January 2017 mini-TR update ;)). I typically do this before my Disney trips as I can usually find better flights out of their airport than my own. My ETA at MCO is around 1pm where I’ll board my (hopefully) awaiting chariot to All-Star Movies. I’ll head out for MK as soon as humanly possible from there. My first FP is for BTMRR @ 4:10 followed by Jungle Cruise @ 5:20, and Space Mountain @ 6:20. These times worked out perfectly because… the highlight of my day – and quite possibly trip! (no pressure Su-Lynn :laughing:) – will be meeting @chunkymonkey and her hubby Steve for a dining feast at Liberty Tree Tavern! Our reservation is for 7:05. Hoping we can also see Happily Ever After as it’ll be a first for me. :goodvibes

Though I'm planning on doing an entire Dismeet update from my May 2015 trip in the near future, I can't pass up this opportunity to document our serendipitous, unplanned meet-up from that trip! I'll capture the full story in that update, but here's a preview :thumbsup2 Needless to say, I am overjoyed we can spend some planned time together next month :goodvibes
IMG_1228.JPG

I’ll probably plan to shut the park down, but hopefully get enough rest for the next morning’s EMH at Hollywood Studios… where I hear Su-Lynn and Steve might be hanging that morning as well…:rolleyes1

Very excited to see my ticker move to weeks instead of months tomorrow :hyper: Thanks for joining me as my countdown continues!

Hello, friends! I can’t believe it’s been over a month since my FP+ day! And… we all know if it’s been a month since that date, it can only mean one thing – ONE MONTH UNTIL DISNEY!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

woot!!

Also… my mom and her long-time boyfriend have decided to get married… July 28!... about 4 ½ weeks from the date they decided to.

Quick! And congrats to them!

(Side note: Is anyone else horrified that this ride is going away? I mean, I get it, but there's just no ride entrance that gives me quite the same feeling as this sight does :sad1:)

YES! :(

The night before I leave, I’ll drive about 2 hours to my sister’s (not the one who lives in England...

Good thing. Unless your car has a rather long snorkel.

will be meeting @chunkymonkey and her hubby Steve for a dining feast at Liberty Tree Tavern

Nice! I've heard of her but don't really know her. Nice to meet up with friends. :)

I’ll probably plan to shut the park down, but hopefully get enough rest for the next morning’s EMH at Hollywood Studios…

You can rest when you get home.

Thanks for joining me as my countdown continues!

Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

Quick! And congrats to them!
Yes, very quick! But don't worry... I don't expect it's the result of a surprise sibling to be named later :rotfl:

Good thing. Unless your car has a rather long snorkel.
It doesn't. :sad2:

Nice! I've heard of her but don't really know her. Nice to meet up with friends. :)
It is indeed... and someday we will, too! :hug:

You can rest when you get home.
Exactly! ::yes::

Thanks for posting! :goodvibes
Anything for you! :goodvibes

ONE MONTH UNTIL DISNEY!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

This past month has been a bit… busy. As you may know, I’m in grad school for library science and my summer course is particularly challenging because it’s a condensed semester. Also… my mom and her long-time boyfriend have decided to get married… July 28!... about 4 ½ weeks from the date they decided to. So, although it’ll be very low-key, getting everyone ready for that (including getting my sister and her boyfriend stateside from England) has taken a bit of coordination. I’m also trying to get ahead in school so that I can enjoy my sister’s short trip home and not have to juggle papers and projects, yuck!

:faint: Whew! That makes me tired just reading it! You have a lot on your plate!!

Congratulations to your mom!! That's exciting! Here's hoping it's all smooth sailing and everything goes perfectly :goodvibes

This makes me so incredibly sad. I am disappointed I won't get to see it one more time in October. I'm looking forward to the Mickey ride, but why did it have to go THERE?? I'm still bitter about back lot tour going away, too, and still call the place MGM half the time :rotfl:

These times worked out perfectly because… the highlight of my day – and quite possibly trip! (no pressure Su-Lynn :laughing:) – will be meeting @chunkymonkey and her hubby Steve for a dining feast at Liberty Tree Tavern! Our reservation is for 7:05. Hoping we can also see Happily Ever After as it’ll be a first for me. :goodvibes

Oh how fun!!

And… we all know if it’s been a month since that date, it can only mean one thing – ONE MONTH UNTIL DISNEY!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

:cheer2:

Yes! :sad::sad: I'm especially upset that I didn't know our last time on it was the last time.

will be meeting @chunkymonkey and her hubby Steve for a dining feast at Liberty Tree Tavern! Our reservation is for 7:05. Hoping we can also see Happily Ever After as it’ll be a first for me. :goodvibes

That all sounds awesome!

EEEEEEEEEK Can't believe it's so close!!!

Congrats to your mom! I'd love to see pictures!

I’ll head out for MK as soon as humanly possible from there. My first FP is for BTMRR @ 4:10 followed by Jungle Cruise @ 5:20, and Space Mountain @ 6:20. These times worked out perfectly because… the highlight of my day – and quite possibly trip! (no pressure Su-Lynn :laughing:) – will be meeting @chunkymonkey and her hubby Steve for a dining feast at Liberty Tree Tavern! Our reservation is for 7:05. Hoping we can also see Happily Ever After as it’ll be a first for me. :goodvibes

WOOHOO!!! The highlight of my trip!!
And it's Photopass Day too! Whatever that means cos I'm still not entirely sure I know all that supposed to happen that day! Hahaha. Oh and you'll have memory maker from your AP so we have to go get some pictures!!
And yes we'll have to watch HEA. I'm sure we can sneak into some spot...

Though I'm planning on doing an entire Dismeet update from my May 2015 trip in the near future, I can't pass up this opportunity to document our serendipitous, unplanned meet-up from that trip! I'll capture the full story in that update, but here's a preview :thumbsup2 Needless to say, I am overjoyed we can spend some planned time together next month :goodvibes
img_1228-jpg.254285

I’ll probably plan to shut the park down, but hopefully get enough rest for the next morning’s EMH at Hollywood Studios… where I hear Su-Lynn and Steve might be hanging that morning as well…:rolleyes1

YAY That is one of my favorite Disney memories. Rides are cool and all but meeting DISBoarders...it' a Whole New World!
I decided I needed more Tracy Time so we're going to DHS too! Woohoo! That is if we don't bore you to tears at dinner.

giphy.gif

Hi @pkondz! I've heard of you too! :flower1:

Are you sure?????? ;)
Um... :scared1:

It'll happen! :)
Yes it will! :goodvibes

Congratulations to your mom!! That's exciting! Here's hoping it's all smooth sailing and everything goes perfectly
Thank you!!!

I'm looking forward to the Mickey ride, but why did it have to go THERE?? I'm still bitter about back lot tour going away, too, and still call the place MGM half the time
Exactly! I feel like the whole point of "Hollywood Studios" (or MGM ;)) is... movies. And GMR was just such a classic in my eyes. :sad:

Yes! :sad::sad: I'm especially upset that I didn't know our last time on it was the last time.
I know. But in a way, I think it would have been just too sad for me to have known in advance. Either way, I'm super sad about it :sad1:

EEEEEEEEEK Can't believe it's so close!!!
I know!!! And you're even closer yet! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Congrats to your mom! I'd love to see pictures!
Thank you! Yes, I will do an update with some pictures! :thumbsup2

And it's Photopass Day too! Whatever that means
YAY!!! I mean, I think? Who knows what that even means :laughing:

Oh and you'll have memory maker from your AP so we have to go get some pictures!!
YES! Super excited for this!

YAY That is one of my favorite Disney memories.
Mine, too. It was just so serendipitous. What were the chances?!

Rides are cool and all but meeting DISBoarders...it' a Whole New World!
I couldn't agree more :goodvibes

I decided I needed more Tracy Time so we're going to DHS too! Woohoo! That is if we don't bore you to tears at dinner.
YAY!!!!!!! :jumping1:

Hi @pkondz! I've heard of you too!
Su-Lynn, meet @pkondz, pkondz, meet @ChunkyMonkey! :laughing: You're welcome. Now... go read each other's TRs because you both are two of the best out there :grouphug:

Hi @pkondz! I've heard of you too! :flower1:

:wave:

:laughing:

Su-Lynn, meet @pkondz, pkondz, meet @ChunkyMonkey! :laughing:

Hi! Nice to meet you!

You're welcome.

Tracy. Bringing friends together wherever she goes.

Now... go read each other's TRs because you both are two of the best out there :grouphug:

Hmmm... well, I am almost caught up with all the ones I'm behind on.......

I can't believe how close your trip (and mine) is getting!! I'm just as excited about meeting @chunkymonkey as you are!! Your arrival day sounds great!!

So does the wedding and all the stuff you have to do before the trip, that will make it all go by in a flash!! I'm looking at the calendar too and seeing all that has to be done before vacay...yikes!! But we'll get there!!

You have some great arrival day FP+ too!!

I mean, I get it, but there's just no ride entrance that gives me quite the same feeling as this sight does :sad1:)
I get it, but I also don't. I mean I love the idea of a Mickey ride, but does it actually have to go in this building? I feel like there are a lot of unused areas at HS right now, why couldn't they put it there. Until the other lands open, and with the closing of GMR so soon, there really is not much to do there for the next year. Pretty bummed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter