Another Day, Another Countdown... An August 2017 PTR *Updated 8/26 I'm back!*

Su-Lynn, meet @pkondz, pkondz, meet @ChunkyMonkey! :laughing: You're welcome. Now... go read each other's TRs because you both are two of the best out there :grouphug:

Yes ma'am!

Hi! Nice to meet you!

hi Pkondz, nice to meet you! Any friend of Tracy's is a friend of mine! You have great TRs, very very funny, just a whole lot of them to go through! But I will catch up!

I can't believe how close your trip (and mine) is getting!! I'm just as excited about meeting @chunkymonkey as you are!! Your arrival day sounds great!!

Me tooooo!!!!

I am also a bit sad about TGMR going bye bye. I wish I would have had one more chance to ride it. Being from NJ, I always got a kick out of the part where Jersey is mentioned.

img_1450-jpg.254283
(Side note: Is anyone else horrified that this ride is going away? I mean, I get it, but there's just no ride entrance that gives me quite the same feeling as this sight does :sad1:)
GAH, I know!!!! I couldn't believe it :( I mean, I can, but still made me sad, too.

hi Pkondz, nice to meet you! Any friend of Tracy's is a friend of mine! You have great TRs, very very funny, just a whole lot of them to go through! But I will catch up!

Nice to meet you too. :)
I'm subscribed now to your current TR and will be reading it soon. :goodvibes

Tracy. Bringing friends together wherever she goes.
:hug: Glad to hear I do more than this one: "Tracy. Bringing herself together with chocolate and junk food wherever she goes."

Hmmm... well, I am almost caught up with all the ones I'm behind on.......
:thumbsup2

I can't believe how close your trip (and mine) is getting!!
I know!!! :hyper: The only thing about being as busy as I am - and by the sounds of it, you too! - is that I don't have the time to obsess over everything and go over every little detail a hundred times. But... maybe that's not such a bad thing after all :laughing:

I get it, but I also don't. I mean I love the idea of a Mickey ride, but does it actually have to go in this building? I feel like there are a lot of unused areas at HS right now, why couldn't they put it there. Until the other lands open, and with the closing of GMR so soon, there really is not much to do there for the next year. Pretty bummed.
I know. I just don't understand why it has to go there. Hollywood Studios is about the movies... and the classics that GRM features is just the epitome of it, in my opinion. The more I think about it, the sadder I get. :sad1:

Any friend of Tracy's is a friend of mine!
Awww :goodvibes

I am also a bit sad about TGMR going bye bye. I wish I would have had one more chance to ride it.
I know. Although maybe it's easier not having the chance to do a "last ride" - I think that would have been horribly sad for me :sad2:

GAH, I know!!!! I couldn't believe it :( I mean, I can, but still made me sad, too.
I'm with ya! :sad:

I'm subscribed now to your current TR and will be reading it soon. :goodvibes
Woohoo! You won't be disappointed :thumbsup2

One Month Countdown: Sunday, August 20
Howdy, folks! Can I just say how impressed I am with myself that I’m posting two days in a row after having been on what became a one month unintended posting sabbatical!? :laughing: And, mark my words – I will continue until I get through each day! :thumbsup2

On this day, I plan to get to HS for EMH @ 8am.

100_2909.JPG

I just received confirmation from @chunkymonkey that her and Steve will be at HS this morning as well – yay! :hyper: But maybe after our dinner the night before they’ll decide they had “something come up…” :rotfl:

For those of you who have read my May 2015 PTR and partial TR… or heck, have just read its title “PeopleMover is My Kind of Thrill Ride” (looking at you @xlsm – I know how you get on this ride :laughing:), you’ll know or at least guess that major thrill rides are a… challenge for me. Or, rather, for my stomach. I’ve tried everything from ginger capsules to Bonine and seabands to everything in between, and every combination. The only thing that has had any positive effect on me was prescription Scopolamine several years ago, and I made an appointment to see my doctor about prescribing this! I remember feeling a bit off when I had it before – like how I felt when I’d try on my mom’s glasses as a kid. But heck, might as well give it another whirl, right?! Maybe it’ll add to the “thrill” component. :scratchin

Anyway… I’m hoping to revisit some old faves like RNRC and ToT. I typically try RNRC each trip and end up regretting it terribly but I haven’t been on ToT in many years. My youngest sister had the greatest "I suggest you take the stairs" shirt when she as super young, and I always think of that shirt whenever I think of ToT. :goodvibes For the most part, my plan is to keep my morning at HS completely flexible and wide open, especially since I’ll be hanging with Su-Lynn and Steve again!

Around 11, I’ll plan to head to Epcot – and if I’m up for it, I’ll walk.

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

My FPs at Epcot are Soarin’ (11:05am-12:05pm)…

IMG_1878.jpg

Character Spot (12:50-1:50pm)…

IMG_2051.jpg
(Sorry... this was the best I could do :laughing:)

... and Spaceship Earth (2:50-3:50).

IMG_1183.jpg

I plan on getting all of these in before heading over to Canada for my 3:45pm ADR at Le Cellier.

Le Cellier2_Disney Food Blog.jpg

I don’t think Le Cellier gets the love it used to, but I’m pretty excited about this ADR. Regardless of what else I get, I’ll be having cheddar cheese soup!

Le Cellier_Disney Food Blog.jpg

I had it at a F&W several years ago and it was just heaven in a bowl to me. I believe this day is also a certain someone's birthday (correct me if I'm wrong @kastoney!) so I’ll be toasting to her with a drink to be named later. ::yes::

After this, I have no set plans other than to traipse on over to AK (via Express Transportation!) to catch Rivers of Light @ 8:45pm. This will be a first for me and, while I don't imagine it'll become a "must do" every trip for me, it's always fun to have new things to do at Disney... although by the sounds of things, we'll have plenty of that in the coming years! (RIP GRM :sad1:)

th.jpg

I don’t have any realistic expectations to ride FoP or Na’vi River Journey, but heck, if it works out, it works out. But I won’t put any pressure on myself since I’ll be right back at AK the following morning for EMH at 8am. Since Epcot is my favorite park, I’ll probably want to spend most of the day there. :thumbsup2

That’s all for now… I’ll be back tomorrow for my one-month out plans for Monday, August 21. :goodvibes Thanks for joining me!

looking at you @xlsm – I know how you get on this ride :laughing:

Yeah, it's like I've had six drinks. I just tip right over and come home with mystery bruises. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I made an appointment to see my doctor about prescribing this! I remember feeling a bit off when I had it before – like how I felt when I’d try on my mom’s glasses as a kid. But heck, might as well give it another whirl, right?! Maybe it’ll add to the “thrill” component. :scratchin

I bet this prescription plus the People Mover would be be intense. LOL!!

In all seriousness, I hope it helps you enjoy RnR and ToT and maybe this time the meds won't give you the same woozy feeling!

and if I’m up for it, I’ll walk.

Whew, you're tough! I don't mind the walk to Boardwalk, but I'd be hitting the boat to DHS.

This is so cute!!

(RIP GRM :sad1:)

:sad::sad::sad:

Can I just say how impressed I am with myself that I’m posting two days in a row after having been on what became a one month unintended posting sabbatical!? :laughing:

Yes you can! we're all impressed!
Well.... I am, anyway.

And, mark my words – I will continue until I get through each day! :thumbsup2

Words marked!

I just received confirmation from @chunkymonkey that her and Steve will be at HS this morning as well – yay! :hyper: But maybe after our dinner the night before they’ll decide they had “something come up…” :rotfl:

:laughing:

major thrill rides are a… challenge for me. Or, rather, for my stomach.

Then leave your stomach and go without it.

I’ve tried everything from ginger capsules to Bonine and seabands to everything in between, and every combination. The only thing that has had any positive effect on me was prescription Scopolamine several years ago, and I made an appointment to see my doctor about prescribing this! I remember feeling a bit off when I had it before – like how I felt when I’d try on my mom’s glasses as a kid. But heck, might as well give it another whirl, right?! Maybe it’ll add to the “thrill” component. :scratchin

Wow.
But... you do know you can enjoy Disney without doing a single "thrill" ride, right?

Anyway… I’m hoping to revisit some old faves like RNRC and ToT. I typically try RNRC each trip and end up regretting it terribly but I haven’t been on ToT in many years.

Pro tip. Concentrate on doing something for the photo. You'll forget about the drop and that might help the tummy. Partly it's nerves.

My youngest sister had the greatest "I suggest you take the stairs" shirt when she as super young, and I always think of that shirt whenever I think of ToT. :goodvibes

:laughing: I love that!

It is a nice walk.

Hello, pretty lady! :)

I plan on getting all of these in before heading over to Canada for my 3:45pm ADR at Le Cellier.

Welcome to my hood.

I don’t think Le Cellier gets the love it used to

Too many new (and some, very good) restaurants.

After this, I have no set plans other than to traipse on over to AK

:faint: Talk about a full day!

I don’t have any realistic expectations to ride FoP or Na’vi River Journey

Just read a post from another DISer... FoP 2+ hours wait. Na'vi, 90+ minutes. :sad2:

ONE MONTH UNTIL DISNEY!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:
Whoo!!! :dancer:

Also… my mom and her long-time boyfriend have decided to get married… July 28!...
Congrats to mom!

(Side note: Is anyone else horrified that this ride is going away? I mean, I get it, but there's just no ride entrance that gives me quite the same feeling as this sight does :sad1:)
I am, I just wrote about it earlier in my PTR. I'm extremely happy that we get to ride it again before it closes but not happy at all that it's going so soon. I'd prefer it stay and maybe get a little update? Although I'm even fine with it staying the same. I know I'll cry when I ride it next month :sad1:

I get it, but I also don't. I mean I love the idea of a Mickey ride, but does it actually have to go in this building?
Right??? Even when the new lands open that'll only add what, 4 new rides? So why not keep GMR AND add the Mickey/Minnie coaster? Imagine how happy THAT would make people??

I’m hoping to revisit some old faves like RNRC and ToT. I typically try RNRC each trip and end up regretting it terribly but I haven’t been on ToT in many years.
LOL years ago I made my friend ride RnRC even though she told me she didn't like coasters. I assured her it was a gentler coaster and really I meant it! She was not amused. Glad you're giving TOT another try, it's my fave ride in Disney!

I do love the walk to HS and I don't want to discourage you but um...........it's going to be a hot walk in August :scared:

Three parks today, I'm impressed! Steve and I enjoy doing 3 parks (and even 4 once) in a day when we don't have the kids. We did 3 parks with the kids once but even though they're a bit older they still whine too much lol.

"Tracy, something came up..."
Bah I don't think I'll ever utter those words...unless something did come up! :rotfl:

*cough* Express Bus *cough*

But it IS a very nice walk, although it may be very hot.

img_2051-jpg.254608

(Sorry... this was the best I could do :laughing:)

This is such a CUTE picture, I love it!! (And the frame!!)

le-cellier_disney-food-blog-jpg.254614

I had it at a F&W several years ago and it was just heaven in a bowl to me. I believe this day is also a certain someone's birthday (correct me if I'm wrong @kastoney!) so I’ll be toasting to her with a drink to be named later. ::yes::

YUM! I kinda miss going to Le Cellier now...
Oh and it's @kastoney 's birthday?!? Well we just gotta celebrate for her in DHS!!

After this, I have no set plans other than to traipse on over to AK (via Express Transportation!) to catch Rivers of Light @ 8:45pm. This will be a first for me and, while I don't imagine it'll become a "must do" every trip for me, it's always fun to have new things to do at Disney... although by the sounds of things, we'll have plenty of that in the coming years! (RIP GRM :sad1:)

YEAH Express Bus!
I think you'll enjoy it, it's very soothing and very pretty, but for me Illuminations is king.

I don’t have any realistic expectations to ride FoP or Na’vi River Journey, but heck, if it works out, it works out. But I won’t put any pressure on myself since I’ll be right back at AK the following morning for EMH at 8am. Since Epcot is my favorite park, I’ll probably want to spend most of the day there. :thumbsup2

I hope you get to ride FoP!!!
Good choice, Epcot for the win!!!!! :thumbsup2

Yeah, it's like I've had six drinks. I just tip right over and come home with mystery bruises. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
:sad2::laughing:

I bet this prescription plus the People Mover would be be intense. LOL!!
I let you know if your predictions hold true :rotfl:

In all seriousness, I hope it helps you enjoy RnR and ToT and maybe this time the meds won't give you the same woozy feeling!
Thank you, I'm hoping so, too :thumbsup2

Yes you can! we're all impressed!
Well.... I am, anyway.
Thanks! :goodvibes

Words marked!

Then leave your stomach and go without it.
Why on earth didn't I think of that?!

Pro tip. Concentrate on doing something for the photo.
You are the best at these! ::yes::

Welcome to my hood.
Why thank you, kind sir.

Congrats to mom!
Thanks! One week from today - woo!

I'd prefer it stay and maybe get a little update?
YES! Or even not. I love it just the way it is. I was even bummed when they updated the preview clips. I LOVED Bette Davis in All About Eve when she says "Fasten your seatbelts... it's gonna be a bumpy night" :sad:

Glad you're giving TOT another try, it's my fave ride in Disney!
I remember that it is! :thumbsup2

I do love the walk to HS and I don't want to discourage you but um...........it's going to be a hot walk in August :scared:
Ya know what... you have a point there! :laughing:

"Tracy, something came up..."
Bah I don't think I'll ever utter those words...unless something did come up! :rotfl:
:rotfl:

*cough* Express Bus *cough*
Yeah... the more I think about the August heat... I think you're right. :thumbsup2 A little ambitious, wasn't it?! :laughing:

This is such a CUTE picture, I love it!! (And the frame!!)
Thanks! :goodvibes

Oh and it's @kastoney 's birthday?!? Well we just gotta celebrate for her in DHS!!
Indeed we do!

Good choice, Epcot for the win!!!!! :thumbsup2
I knew you'd approve! ;)

Hi. I just stumbled upon your PTR since we are planning our next Disney vacation for next August on the exact dates you are going this August. lol I am going to read through your PTR and I am excited to read about your trip when you come back. I am also 34 years old and will be 35 when we go. :guilty: I feel like I was just kid going on my first Disney trip. lol

prescription Scopolamine
This is what I take, in the form of a patch that I wear behind my ear. I have extreme motion sickness (like I get sick standing on a dock) but this works, or maybe I just have a higher tolerance for feeling off. LOL! Anyways the main side-effect is dry mouth.

f I’m up for it, I’ll walk.
I LOVE that walk! It's so calming!

You have such a busy day planned! I love that you are just hitting the ground running, and getting in 3 parks and a Signature Restaurant!! woohoo way to set the tone!!!

I just stumbled upon your PTR since we are planning our next Disney vacation for next August on the exact dates you are going this August.
Welcome! :wizard: And how funny about having the exact dates next year! :laughing:

I feel like I was just kid going on my first Disney trip. lol
Tell me about it... :sad2:

It's what I do. Solve your problems with one inane suggestion at a time.
I read that as insane at first and just though "hey, whatever works" :rotfl: In fact, most of my life has been dictated by one insane suggestion (often my own) at a time. :rotfl2:

Come on in. Sit a while. Have some soup.
Well, don't mind if I do. Care to join!? ::yes::

or maybe I just have a higher tolerance for feeling off. LOL!
:rotfl: I am very glad to hear it has worked so well for you, though. Oh, that's right, I do remember the dry mouth. Well, small price to pay for not losing my lunch on the folks in front of me on ToT, right? :rotfl2:

I LOVE that walk! It's so calming!
It really is! :goodvibes

You have such a busy day planned! I love that you are just hitting the ground running, and getting in 3 parks and a Signature Restaurant!! woohoo way to set the tone!!!
I agree! Actually... I usually do 3 parks in a day, as crazy as that sounds... :rolleyes1 But it'll be so much better now with Express Transportation! :thumbsup2

Hello, friends! I hope your Friday nights are a little more exciting than mine has been… I’m currently on page 6 of a collection analysis project on the Library of Congress classification section GV1213 books at my library if anyone cares to know.

[crickets…]

[more crickets...]

Okay, moving on… in much more exciting news, today officially marks 6 days until my sister flies home from England, 1 week until my mom’s wedding, 15 days until this semester is over, and 4 weeks and 1 day until I’m at Disney! Phew. Is anyone still wondering why I’m writing a paper on a Friday night? :laughing:

Also, Disney emailed this morning to report they’ve shipped my MagicBand! Woohoo!

Okay, on with the show.

Monday, August 21
On this morning I will haul myself out the door early for another EMH, this time at AK!

100_2865.jpg

(Meanwhile, anyone else think this family ahead of me was throwing some major shade my way? :rotfl: I swear I have no idea what I did to upset them! :laughing:)

As previously reported, I will be doing the fast-walk (preferably without another sacrificial sandal…) straight for Flight of Passage. I’m anticipating that I’ll be able to get myself on and off this ride before the end of my first FP window expiring (9:25-10:25am at Dinosaur).

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

My next two FPs are FOTLK @ 10:30-11:30am…

Festival-of-the-Lion-King-3.jpg

And Na’vi River Journey @ 11:30am-12:30pm…

NaviRiverJourney-05072017-4.jpg

At some point probably shortly after my last FP, I’ll head back to HS in plenty of time for my 3pm ADR at 50s Prime Time! I've never eaten here before but am quite excited about it. I was a bit hesitant about being solo here, but @pkondz has assured me I'll be just fine :thumbsup2 And he's yet to steer me wrong!

50s_Disney Food Blog.jpg

Pretty sure I’ll be fixing for some fried chicken… :laughing: but we’ll see what my mood is when I get there. After that, I have two options for the night – stay in HS and see the Star Wars fireworks or head over to Epcot. On another trip, this would probably be an easy decision (must see Star Wars fireworks!) but I’ll also be at HS the next night for Fantasmic (with the Dining Package), so I’m not entirely sure that I’ll want to have long days/evenings back-to-back at HS, especially since I can’t ride my beloved GRM several times these days. There is one other possibility to see these fireworks a little later in my trip, so I may plan to do that, especially since I won’t have spent tons of time at Epcot yet, and that’s my favorite park as you know! So we’ll see where the wind takes me on this night. Some of you may know that this whole “go with the flow” trip style is still a little new to me, but I’m kinda loving it. Let me know if you have any suggestions about what to do on this night!

IMG_1297.jpg

‘Til next time… and hopefully that means tomorrow. :laughing:

I read that as insane at first and just though "hey, whatever works" :rotfl: In fact, most of my life has been dictated by one insane suggestion (often my own) at a time. :rotfl2:

Well, don't mind if I do. Care to join!? ::yes::

Wow! That's the best offer I've had all week!

Hello, friends! I hope your Friday nights are a little more exciting than mine has been… I’m currently on page 6 of a collection analysis project on the Library of Congress classification section GV1213 books at my library if anyone cares to know.

Not much. Cooking. Cataloging my souvies. Watching TV.

Be still my beating heart.

Okay, moving on… in much more exciting news, today officially marks 6 days until my sister flies home from England, 1 week until my mom’s wedding, 15 days until this semester is over, and 4 weeks and 1 day until I’m at Disney! Phew.

Yikes!

Is anyone still wondering why I’m writing a paper on a Friday night?

Yes.

Also, Disney emailed this morning to report they’ve shipped my MagicBand! Woohoo!

Woot!

(Meanwhile, anyone else think this family ahead of me was throwing some major shade my way? :rotfl: I swear I have no idea what I did to upset them! :laughing:)

Oh!!!!

I know them.
They're the Stevenson's from Omaha. I'm internet friends with them. They told me how some lady yelled at them so that she could get a better photo of the Tree of Life.

Now I know who it was that yelled at 'em.

As previously reported, I will be doing the fast-walk (preferably without another sacrificial sandal…) straight for Flight of Passage. I’m anticipating that I’ll be able to get myself on and off this ride before the end of my first FP window expiring (9:25-10:25am at Dinosaur).

Good luck! Walk fast. No. Walk very fast. No! Arrive ridiculously early... think the craziest time you'd get there... go earlier... and then walk very fast.

And Na’vi River Journey @ 11:30am-12:30pm…

naviriverjourney-05072017-4-jpg.254861

Wow. That looks really pretty.

I was a bit hesitant about being solo here, but @pkondz has assured me I'll be just fine :thumbsup2 And he's yet to steer me wrong!

::yes::

The three absolute best things on the menu
Onion rings. OMG those things are good.
Fried chicken.
Peanut butter and jelly milkshake.

You couldn't possibly eat it all, though.

Pretty sure I’ll be fixing for some fried chicken… :laughing:

Good girl.

Hello pretty lady. :)

Wow! That's the best offer I've had all week!
:hug:

Be still my beating heart.
I'll try to notch it down a bit for my next update. :laughing:

They're the Stevenson's from Omaha.
Please do give my most sincere apologies to the Stevensons... and I promise to keep my yelling at random passersby to a minimum. :rolleyes1

Good luck! Walk fast. No. Walk very fast. No! Arrive ridiculously early... think the craziest time you'd get there... go earlier... and then walk very fast.

Onion rings. OMG those things are good.
Fried chicken.
Peanut butter and jelly milkshake.
Yes. Yes. And, yes.

You couldn't possibly eat it all, though.
Challenge accepted.

I'll try to notch it down a bit for my next update. :laughing:

Please do give my most sincere apologies to the Stevensons... and I promise to keep my yelling at random passersby to a minimum. :rolleyes1

I did. They said it was okay.

But I have a feeling you'll continue your wanton ways.

Yes. Yes. And, yes.

::yes::

Challenge accepted.

Now this I want to see!
I'll be mighty impressed if you can manage that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter