Another Day, Another Countdown... An August 2017 PTR *Updated 8/26 I'm back!*

Tuesday, August 22

Hello, everyone! I hope you’re all having a great weekend. Exactly four weeks until I leave for Disney, so that means it’s one month until August 22, where I finally spend a little more time at MK! :hyper: It’s so strange that I’ll have not been there for two straight days. Usually my trips fall together a little more seamlessly, but this trip I had a hard time arranging my days. My flow feels a bit… awkward? I think it’s because I typically spend tons of time at Epcot and MK but with everything else I wanted to fit in on this trip (namely restaurants) I have a little less flexibility than is typical for me. Also, I’m spending more time at AK this trip than I usually do, so that also cuts into time spent in other parks. It’s a good thing I love to park hop and it’s an even better thing that Express Transportation will make it all the more feasible. :thumbsup2

On this day, I will get to MK for rope drop.

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

(Can you spot all the Mickeys on my dress?!)

My first FP is for Peter Pan’s Flight at 9:45-10:45am…

IMG_1555.JPG

My second at Splash Mountain at 11:00am-12:00pm…

IMG_1659.jpg
IMG_1661.jpg
IMG_1662.jpg
And my 3rd, Pirates from 1:00-2:00pm.

IMG_1802.jpg

I hope to have time to hit up some other favorites in between FPs and before heading back to HS for my lunch ADR at… Mama Melrose’s at 1:55pm!

Mama_Melroses_Allears.jpg
Mama_Melroses_Eating WDW.jpg

I have never been here before but selected it as part of the Fantasmic dining package. If you have any recommendations, be sure to let me know! After my late-ish lunch, I’ll hang at HS until Fantasmic!

That’s a wrap on this day…

In other news… I bought a rain jacket on Amazon last night. Admittedly, it’s not a fashion statement. :rolleyes1 But… I’m far less concerned about the August heat (I like it hot!) and much more concerned about the summer rain. Let me know what tips you may have for dealing with the rain at Disney. Regardless, I don’t plan on letting any rain stop me from having a great time… and now with my trusty rain jacket, I’ll be prepared! :laughing:

Thanks for joining me! :flower:

Hello, friends! I can’t believe it’s been over a month since my FP+ day! And… we all know if it’s been a month since that date, it can only mean one thing – ONE MONTH UNTIL DISNEY!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:
WOO to the HOO!!!!!!!!! :jumping1:

Also… my mom and her long-time boyfriend have decided to get married… July 28!... about 4 ½ weeks from the date they decided to. So, although it’ll be very low-key, getting everyone ready for that (including getting my sister and her boyfriend stateside from England) has taken a bit of coordination.
Congrats to your Mom. I'm sure it makes your already hectic summer a bit crazier, but how exciting for her!

These times worked out perfectly because… the highlight of my day – and quite possibly trip! (no pressure Su-Lynn :laughing:) – will be meeting @chunkymonkey and her hubby Steve for a dining feast at Liberty Tree Tavern! Our reservation is for 7:05. Hoping we can also see Happily Ever After as it’ll be a first for me. :goodvibes
I know I said it before, but so jealous you all get to meet. Be sure at least one of you has some beer or wine for me :-)

le-cellier_disney-food-blog-jpg.254614

I had it at a F&W several years ago and it was just heaven in a bowl to me. I believe this day is also a certain someone's birthday (correct me if I'm wrong @kastoney!) so I’ll be toasting to her with a drink to be named later. ::yes::
If it is the 20th of August, than yes it is the national holiday that is the celebration of my birth and we will have to virtually toast to the greatness of the day upon us :P

Hello, friends! I hope your Friday nights are a little more exciting than mine has been… I’m currently on page 6 of a collection analysis project on the Library of Congress classification section GV1213 books at my library if anyone cares to know.
Hope all is going well and if you need any research done from the actual library of congress let me know :-)

In other news… I bought a rain jacket on Amazon last night. Admittedly, it’s not a fashion statement. :rolleyes1 But… I’m far less concerned about the August heat (I like it hot!) and much more concerned about the summer rain. Let me know what tips you may have for dealing with the rain at Disney. Regardless, I don’t plan on letting any rain stop me from having a great time… and now with my trusty rain jacket, I’ll be prepared! :laughing:
As a family that has travel every August or September for 5 straight years now, just plan on it raining everyday from anytime from 2-6 and you'll be fine :-) We usually stop mid day but otherwise just rain jacket it up and journey

Phew! That was a close one. But yeah... let's all agree that it's doubtful I'll change my ways now... I'm just too far gone! :rolleyes1

:laughing: "Tracy? No... don't bother... she's gone."

I'll take photographic evidence... ;)

:thumbsup2

I hope you’re all having a great weekend.

If you call working, great.... then, yes.

Otherwise.... meh.

Exactly four weeks until I leave for Disney, so that means it’s one month until August 22, where I finally spend a little more time at MK!

Woot! Coming up fast!

It’s a good thing I love to park hop

I noticed that!

and it’s an even better thing that Express Transportation will make it all the more feasible. :thumbsup2

::yes::

:wave2: Hello pretty lady.

My first FP is for Peter Pan’s Flight at 9:45-10:45am…

Perfect.

my lunch ADR at… Mama Melrose’s at 1:55pm!

I too have never been, but...

... I don't think I've ever seen the interior. Pretty! I had no idea.

In other news… I bought a rain jacket on Amazon last night. Admittedly, it’s not a fashion statement. :rolleyes1 But… I’m far less concerned about the August heat (I like it hot!) and much more concerned about the summer rain. Let me know what tips you may have for dealing with the rain at Disney.

Hmmm.... my tip?
Buy a few ponchos at Walmart for a buck each. Throw one in a backpack or pocket. If it rains, wear it and toss when it stops. I like travelling a little bit lighter than carrying a jacket.
Says the guy who lugs 10lbs of camera gear on his back. :rolleyes1

Congrats to your Mom. I'm sure it makes your already hectic summer a bit crazier, but how exciting for her!
Thank you! Yes, and yes. :laughing:

Be sure at least one of you has some beer or wine for me :-)
Consider it done!

If it is the 20th of August, than yes it is the national holiday that is the celebration of my birth and we will have to virtually toast to the greatness of the day upon us :P
It is indeed August 20, the national holiday in celebration of your birth. AKA Kari Day. And I will be sure to celebrate the occasion properly :drinking1

Hope all is going well and if you need any research done from the actual library of congress let me know :-)
Too bad I turned it in yesterday... I should have mentioned it sooner! :laughing: I thank you all the same... and my inner (well, outer, really) nerd is jealous you're that close to the Library of Congress :rotfl:

As a family that has travel every August or September for 5 straight years now, just plan on it raining everyday from anytime from 2-6 and you'll be fine :-) We usually stop mid day but otherwise just rain jacket it up and journey
Rain jacket it up and journey = my new mantra! :thumbsup2 I'm hoping I won't have to steal this expression as my August TR title :rotfl:

"Tracy? No... don't bother... she's gone."
:rotfl2:

If you call working, great.... then, yes.
I don't.

:wave2: Hello pretty lady.
:goodvibes

... I don't think I've ever seen the interior. Pretty! I had no idea.
Isn't it!? I was a bit surprised when I saw pictures at first... though I don't know why :confused3 I guess it just wasn't what I expected, but I love it!

I like travelling a little bit lighter than carrying a jacket.
Says the guy who lugs 10lbs of camera gear on his back. :rolleyes1
:rotfl: Well this not-a-fashion-statement-rain jacket professes to come with a little pouch that supposedly is quite small that you can stuff it into. We'll see... And yes, the rain jacket itself professed this. So I obviously have very high expectations for this gear in general. ::yes::

DH and my preferred travel time is August, and it always rains for at least part of everyday. Remarkably, we've been quite impressed with the quality and durability of the Disney ponchos!

DH and my preferred travel time is August, and it always rains for at least part of everyday. Remarkably, we've been quite impressed with the quality and durability of the Disney ponchos!
I'm so happy to hear that your preferred travel time is August! :goodvibes If I go with the attitude I'll have fun no matter what, I'm sure I will... even wet! :rotfl2:

Wednesday, August 23

Hello, friends! One month from today I’ll probably be quite exhausted, but up and at ‘em because there’s no sleeping at Disney! :faint: Or at least not as much as I typically require. On this day, I plan to head back to AK and try a little more of my luck at Pandora – hoping to may hit up FOP and Na’vi River Journey again – and some of my old favorites, especially Dinosaur.

100_2872.jpg

100_2869.jpg

For whatever reason, my motion sickness doesn’t quite attack me on this ride quite as badly as it does on others, so I typically hit this up several times each trip. After my AK morning, I’ll head to Epcot!

IMG_1261.jpg

My FPs here are Soarin’ from 1:40-2:40pm…

IMG_1237.jpg

(Apologies for this excessively terrible picture...)

Spaceship Earth from 3:25pm-4:25pm…

IMG_1736.jpg

And Living with the Land from 5:15pm-6:15pm…

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

Now, I have an unnatural obsession with LWTL, especially for someone who rarely cooks, let alone grows her own food! I live alone, people – don’t judge! No one is relying on me to put dinner on the table and my cat probably wouldn't appreciate my cooking anyway :laughing: But I’m a sucker for Disney boat rides and that heavenly smell of Disney water. I have an ungodly number of photos from this ride, but I’ll spare you all of them. You’re welcome.

After I feel good and ready, I’ll stroll on over to MK (and by stroll, I mean catch the Express bus).

IMG_1527.jpg

(Yes, I know this is the monorail... but it was a convenient photo to put my hands on at the moment :laughing:)

MK has EMH from 10pm-12am this night so I’ll likely be shutting the park down, or darn near close to it. Yes, I plan on hitting up Epcot morning EMH at 8am the next day, but hey – my trip will be winding down and I’ll sleep when I’m home! :snooty:

IMG_1530.jpg
And that's a wrap for August 23!

In other news, I’m 95% sure I’m going to rearrange my day on Tuesday, August 22. As I mentioned in yesterday’s update, my plans this trip have felt super awkward to me. I don’t like being committed to one park for several hours at a time (#parkhopper4life), and I have plans to do this twice – on back to back days no less! – at the same park (HS)! This has been bothering me for weeks now, and especially since I won’t be able to ride GMR. So… I think I’ll be canceling my Mama Melrose/Fantasmic dining package. This takes away some of my awkwardness – okay, it takes away none of my awkwardness, but removes some of it from my August trip plans. This way, I can either go to HS as planned but have no schedule obligations OR I can head to Disney Springs which I hadn’t made time for this trip.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and @pkondz I hope you managed to do something besides work! My ticker is now into the “3 weeks” category so pretty excited about that. Also, I turned in my massive project yesterday so that’s a huge weight off my shoulders! And the countdown until my sister’s return to the states/my mom's wedding is just days away, so just a few things going on this week :rotfl:

Thanks for joining me! :goodvibes

Whew, just saw all the updates! You've got a lot going on and your trip is getting so close! I am so jealous of your dinner planned with Su-Lynn and Steve! Sounds like a great time!

Isn't it!? I was a bit surprised when I saw pictures at first... though I don't know why :confused3 I guess it just wasn't what I expected, but I love it!

Me too! Not at all what I thought.

:rotfl: Well this not-a-fashion-statement-rain jacket professes to come with a little pouch that supposedly is quite small that you can stuff it into. We'll see... And yes, the rain jacket itself professed this. So I obviously have very high expectations for this gear in general. ::yes::

Ah! A packable. Nice.

there’s no sleeping at Disney! :faint:

Correct.

hoping to may hit up FOP and Na’vi River Journey again

:faint: So.... in line at 5am again?

For whatever reason, my motion sickness doesn’t quite attack me on this ride quite as badly as it does on others, so I typically hit this up several times each trip.

Really? Isn't that weird? I mean it's such a rough ride. It doesn't bother me either (thinking more about my back and/or neck)

(Apologies for this excessively terrible picture...)

:laughing: You can correct that.

And Living with the Land from 5:15pm-6:15pm…

You thrill seeker you!

my cat probably wouldn't appreciate my cooking anyway :laughing:

Are you sure? Have you asked her?

I have an ungodly number of photos from this ride, but I’ll spare you all of them. You’re welcome.

thank you.

(Yes, I know this is the monorail... but it was a convenient photo to put my hands on at the moment :laughing:)

Well, you can remedy that soon. :)

MK has EMH from 10pm-12am this night so I’ll likely be shutting the park down, or darn near close to it. Yes, I plan on hitting up Epcot morning EMH at 8am the next day, but hey – my trip will be winding down and I’ll sleep when I’m home! :snooty:

::yes::

The shot that must be done.

and @pkondz I hope you managed to do something besides work!

No. Unless you count washing my bike after getting caught in a storm on the drive home... from work.

Also, I turned in my massive project yesterday so that’s a huge weight off my shoulders!

Yay! Bet that's nice to have that done.

Sorry I got a little behind here!

Your first day sounds great! It will be wonderful hopping off the plane and heading right to MK. That is what we plan on doing our arrival day as well! I have never done a park on my arrival day so this will be new and exciting for me!

I hope you are able to get on some thrill rides at DHS. That stinks that they are so challenging for you :(

Great afternoon planned at Epcot, followed by capping the night off at AK! 3 parks in one day for you!

Sounds like it will be a nice morning at AK! I would like to try 50s Primetime one day!

Yay for getting to MK after a few days away!

You know that "No Sleeping in Disney" is my motto too! Though I think this upcoming trip I will be loosening up on that motto just a little to accomodate my parents!

Besides this trip, you have a lot of exciting things coming up!

Whew, just saw all the updates! You've got a lot going on and your trip is getting so close!
I sure do! And it sure is! :hyper:

I am so jealous of your dinner planned with Su-Lynn and Steve!
I am so excited for this!!! I believe I first met Su-Lynn and Steve the night we first met up, too! :thumbsup2

Ah! A packable. Nice.
:thumbsup2

:faint: So.... in line at 5am again?
Come on, pkondz. I'm not entirely unreasonable. I think 5:30am should do it. :snooty:

Really? Isn't that weird? I mean it's such a rough ride. It doesn't bother me either (thinking more about my back and/or neck)
Yes, it is weird! I'm glad it doesn't negatively affect your neck/back either.

You thrill seeker you!
Guilty.

Are you sure? Have you asked her?
Not recently. I'll be sure to do so though.

The shot that must be done.
I'm pretty sure they throw you off the Dis if you don't. Am I right?

No. Unless you count washing my bike after getting caught in a storm on the drive home... from work.
No. I don't. And, yikes! Glad you're okay after having survived the ride in the storm!

I have never done a park on my arrival day so this will be new and exciting for me!
Yay!!! It's so exciting. But makes all the little delays suuuuuper hard to find patience for on your way there! :laughing:

I hope you are able to get on some thrill rides at DHS. That stinks that they are so challenging for you :(
Thank you! Yeah, it's always been a bummer. Not being able to experience so many things that are so quintessentially Disney! :sad2: But I'm hoping that'll change this trip! Either way, lucky for us all, Disney has something for everyone :goodvibes

3 parks in one day for you!
Yep, that's how I roll! :rotfl:

I would like to try 50s Primetime one day!
I'm so excited for this one! I'll detail it out in my TR :thumbsup2

You know that "No Sleeping in Disney" is my motto too!
YES!!! ::yes::

Thursday, August 24

Today will be my last full day, as my flight leaves the following day around 2pm. :sad: I still have over 3 weeks before my trip even begins and already I’m sad that it’ll soon end! I was discussing this very thing with @xlsm the other day. Does anyone else experience this!?

Anyway, let’s focus on the fact that at this point, I’ll still have a full day to enjoy! :thumbsup2

I’ll start my morning with EMH at Epcot!

IMG_1789.jpg

I plan to do as much as I can here before heading over to the MK for the following FPs: Haunted Mansion from 11:40am-12:40pm…

IMG_1652.jpg

Peter Pan’s Flight from 12:50-1:50pm…

IMG_1569.jpg

And 7DMT from 2:15-3:15pm. Notice I don't have a picture from here?! :laughing: Also notice how this is my very last FP on my very last day? Yeah… that’s no accident. :sick: I was so incredibly nauseated the first and only time I rode this a few years back, I haven’t done it since! I’ll truly be testing the Scopolamine here! ::yes::

Depending on how fast I recover… I mean excitedly jump from my ride vehicle exclaiming what a joy I now find coasters to be!... I’ll see what else I can pack in...

IMG_1316.jpg
(Side note: I was convinced for years I would name my future daughter Marceline, with Marcy as a nickname. I am now convinced my role is better served as Super Awesome Aunt Tracy, so it's up for grabs, folks! :laughing: But know that with this name gifting, you will have to appoint me fairy godmother of your child :wizard:)

Eventually, I'll make my way back to Epcot!

IMG_0995.jpg

Since this is my last day, I wanted to spend as much time at Epcot as possible. I’ll probably spend a lot of time just strolling through World Showcase, soaking it all up once more.

100_2785.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

I can’t be bothered to write about the next day in a dedicated post as it will inevitably wind up being a sad tale of boarding the Magical Depress and making my way back to New York. My flight is due back around 6:30pm and I’ll likely hit the road for my 2+ hour drive back home shortly thereafter, after first doling out souvenirs to my niece and nephew (remember... Super Awesome Aunt Tracy) because that Monday I’ll be cracking the books again for my fall semester and will need a little time to transition! :scared1:

Thanks again for joining me! :flower:

Between now and August 19, I'll do a little recap of the wedding weekend and my sister's visit and then recap my Dismeets from my poor, unfinished May 2015 TR. :sad2:

3 days until my sister comes home
4 days until the wedding (not my own, for anyone just tuning in! :laughing:)
1 week, 4 days until the semester is over
And 3 weeks, 5 days until Disney!
:jumping1:

I still have over 3 weeks before my trip even begins and already I’m sad that it’ll soon end! I was discussing this very thing with @xlsm the other day.

:sad::sad::sad:

Would you believe I'm ALREADY doing this to myself about October?? :sad2:

Anyway, let’s focus on the fact that at this point, I’ll still have a full day to enjoy! :thumbsup2

Yesss!! This is what's important!!

Yeah… that’s no accident. :sick: I was so incredibly nauseated the first and only time I rode this a few years back, I haven’t done it since! I’ll truly be testing the Scopolamine here! ::yes::

Oh no! I hope the meds work well for this. Maybe you'll end up in the front row, it might be better for you with no people blocking your view. That's how I am with car sickness anyway...which is not exactly the same. Plus, front row on 7D is the best!

(Side note: I was convinced for years I would name my future daughter Marceline, with Marcy as a nickname. I am now convinced my role is better served as Super Awesome Aunt Tracy, so it's up for grabs, folks! :laughing: But know that with this name gifting, you will have to appoint me fairy godmother of your child :wizard:)

I love this name!! For me, it was Evangeline...like from Princess and the Frog. I'm still obsessed with it. I'm not as gracious as you though, I don't want to share the name, lol!! I was young when my boys were born, so I told DH when we got together that he had until I was 32 to decide if he wanted a child of his own. He is past that mark now, so that's off the table!

This is so cute!!

I can’t be bothered to write about the next day in a dedicated post as it will inevitably wind up being a sad tale of boarding the Magical Depress and making my way back to New York.

Ugh, that darn bus. I hate waiting for it and seeing the arriving bus pull up dropping off the smiling people. Part of me is happy for them, but mostly I hate them :rotfl:

Would you believe I'm ALREADY doing this to myself about October?? :sad2:
Yes, I can believe it!

Oh no! I hope the meds work well for this. Maybe you'll end up in the front row, it might be better for you with no people blocking your view. That's how I am with car sickness anyway...which is not exactly the same. Plus, front row on 7D is the best!
Great advice! I'll try to do that :thumbsup2

Ugh, that darn bus. I hate waiting for it and seeing the arriving bus pull up dropping off the smiling people. Part of me is happy for them, but mostly I hate them :rotfl:
Oh that's the WORST!!!!!! Yeah, I'm with you 100%. :laughing:

I still have over 3 weeks before my trip even begins and already I’m sad that it’ll soon end! I was discussing this very thing with @xlsm the other day. Does anyone else experience this!?
Yup. Also during the trip. Like, "I only have 4 days left - it's almost OVER!" :sad:

And 7DMT from 2:15-3:15pm. Notice I don't have a picture from here?! :laughing: Also notice how this is my very last FP on my very last day? Yeah… that’s no accident. :sick: I was so incredibly nauseated the first and only time I rode this a few years back, I haven’t done it since! I’ll truly be testing the Scopolamine here! ::yes::
I hope it goes well this time! :goodvibes

My great-grandmother's name was either Marcella or Marcellina (I think she went by both?) - I always thought that sounded cool (pronounced the Italian way - March-ella), but decided not to use it. Reminds me of Marceline - so, if anyone wants that one, also up for grabs. :rotfl: Also, you are a super awesome aunt! :thumbsup2

then recap my Dismeets from my poor, unfinished May 2015 TR. :sad2:
:hyper:

I hope mine train doesn't make you sick this time around!

Your last day sounds great! Though I know all too well that feeling of sadness on your last day :(

Yup. Also during the trip. Like, "I only have 4 days left - it's almost OVER!" :sad:
Yes! Exactly.

My great-grandmother's name was either Marcella or Marcellina
I love this!!! How beautiful.

so, if anyone wants that one, also up for grabs. :rotfl:
:laughing:

Also, you are a super awesome aunt! :thumbsup2
Awww, thanks :goodvibes

All I can say is that I am so excited for you...it's so soon!!!
Thank you so much!!! :hug:

I hope mine train doesn't make you sick this time around!
Me, too! Fingers crossed :flower1:

Though I know all too well that feeling of sadness on your last day :(
It's the worst. Well, actually the Magical Depress is the worst :laughing:

Quick Update!

And here you thought you were finally through with my nightly posts... :laughing: One more, and this is a super exciting one! @suse66 and I have been making plans to meet up as our trips will be overlapping. We actually have oddly the same itinerary planned for Wednesday, August 23 and have decided to meet up for drinks in Epcot! Possibly at Tutto Gusto. Now I know many of you have been here, so we're accepting drink recommendations. ::yes:: We're also both heading to MK later that night as well so we'll see what kind of fun we can find all around :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter