• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Death at WDW

poohj80

Got Hunny?
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/05/disney.death.ap/index.html

Girl dies after collapsing at Disney water park

Friday, August 5, 2005; Posted: 9:25 a.m. EDT (13:25 GMT)

ORLANDO, Florida (AP) -- A 12-year-old girl collapsed at a Disney World water park Thursday and later died, authorities said.

The girl was in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon at about 6 p.m. when lifeguards noticed her lying on a ledge, out of the water, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

Lifeguards asked her if she was OK, and the girl told them she was, but then passed out when she stood up.

The lifeguards performed CPR until paramedics arrived. She was pronounced dead at a hospital a short time later.

"This is someone we approached and talked to, and after we engaged in conversation with her, she became ill," said Disney spokesman Bill Warren.

The girl was with relatives from Newport News, Virginia. They said she had no known medical problems, the sheriff's office said.

Her name was being withheld until her parents in Virginia were notified. An autopsy was planned.

In June, another child died at the theme park after riding Epcot's "Mission: Space," which simulates a shuttle ride to Mars. The cause of the 4-year-old boy's death remains under investigation.

Hi,

How sad!! Pixie dust for the family!!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Truly tragic when a child dies anywhere, any time. Prayers to the family, the cast members who tried so valiantly to help and the paramedics who also tried their best. A very, very difficult event and condolences to all who were affected.

Her poor family. I will be praying for everyone invloved.

Tricia

Just one more sad reminder that we should never part with our loved ones without a love and a hug and kind words...we never know if it will be our last parting. My prayers for her family and those who tried to help.......

I just can't imagine what they are going through. My prayers to her and her family.

Each one of the incidents this year seems to have stemmed from unknown factors. Life is indeed precious and we all need to take care of ourselves and those we love.

problemchild718 said:
Just one more sad reminder that we should never part with our loved ones without a love and a hug and kind words...we never know if it will be our last parting. My prayers for her family and those who tried to help.......

I agree and our thoughts and prayers are with her family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter