Another eyelet question

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
Now that my swap stuff is finished & sent I've been working on some actual pages...I know about time! ;)

Anyway, I was practicing setting a couple of junk eyelets today. In the bag of maple leaves I just got there were 2 that were stuck together & when I finally got them separated there were gaps in the paint. No problem - I didn't mind "wasting" them to practice.

I was surprised at how easy it was - i.e. so little banging required! Although DD & I still sang "She bangs!" just for fun. ;) I mention that because it's pertinent. I really only tapped it twice with the hammer & not all that hard. However, the leaf became bowed or almost cup-shaped.

I'm using the stuff out of the MM tool kit and the eyelets weren't real heavy, but they aren't the lightest/flimsy-est I've purchased either. I got them from eyeletoutlet.com - if that makes any difference. I'd gotten some lizards and those seem much lighter.

I was wondering it anyone else has had that type of thing happen? Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I was able to tap it on the other side & make it flatter.

Oh - and while I'm on the subject - is the eyelet setter in the MM toolkit universal? It doesn't say. There were no directions-for-dummies included! :rotfl2:

I had the same problem with the Mickey eyelets, they would bend out of shape when I set them.
Someone suggested buying the universal setter by MM which I did and now it works great. The Universal setter is not in the MM kit, I had to buy it separately and some stores didn't even know what I was talking about. I wound up ordering it online but I don't remember where. Sorry!
Franne

Thanks, Franne! I'll tell you, I almost didn't buy the MM tool kit because they didn't list any info about the setter. Dumb me, I thought the hole punches were 3 sizes of setters. I've had it here for weeks & didn't open it because I was thinking about taking it back & getting the Silent Setter.

I wonder what size the one in the kit is? It set the 1/8" okay (except for the bow) & looks like it would do the 3/16" ones okay too.

Oh - and do you know if there are eyelets smaller than 1/8"? If so, where do you get them? I've seen the neatest LOs with groupings of eyelets & some of those seem so tiny!

:rolleyes1 She Bangs, She Bangs!! OH Baby When She Moves, She Moves!!!! :rolleyes1 Sorry, had to sing it with you!!!

I've seen those VERY SMALL eyelets used on twopeas, never saw them in the store, though. But, I wasn't looking for them either!?!?!

:rolleyes1 She looks like a flower, but she stings like a bee . . . :rolleyes1

me :crazy:

Yeah - TwoPeas is where I saw them! I really liked the way they looked. I have to have some! ;) I've been looking for them this evening without much success. I found them one place in "aluminum", but that was about it. I was looking for white or some other color.

I'd ordered a few things from Scrapbook101 on Thursday including a "stack pack" to put all these eyelets in that I've gotten over the past 2 weeks. Unfortunately, when the stuff came today, the paperwork said it was backordered & I won't be getting it now. (I wish they'd have told me before I ordered. :() Anyway, I thought I could justify placing another order since that one was incomplete. :blush:

I guess I'll keep looking. :confused3

hello! regarding those teeny, tiny eyelets-- I just saw them at Joann's Superstore in Lynnwood WA on clearance! it was the first time i'd ever seen them and couldn't believe how tiny they were! i can't imagine working with such small ones. anyway, since they were on clearance, it might mean Joann's isn't going to carry them anymore and truth be told, i've never seen them anywhere else. but it wouldn't hurt to look!

Thanks for the tip! The closest Jo-Ann's to me is closing & moving to another location. The old one is already doing "clearance to the walls" & didn't have them. The new one doesn't open for another month. :(

MM also has had the small eyelets but they only come in the 6 packs- I used them awhile ago and really like them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter