Another hard ticket event-Typhoon Lagoon

There used to be EMH, free to onsite guests. Not as late as midnight no. Doesn’t matter how long ago it was though, it was still time that used to be free that you’re now paying for.

Sorry, guess will have to agree to disagree on this one. I think it does matter how long ago it was since the majority of today's guests have never had that particular perk. That's like saying, "I used to be able to get a gallon of gas for 25 cents; the gas companies are gouging me now."

Look, I love Disney World, it’s my favorite place in the world. We go for 2 weeks yearly, and I’m about to become a DVC member, meaning we’ll be going probably twice a year. I love Disney and always will, but I don’t agree with many of the things they’ve been doing lately. This TL thing is ok because it doesn’t displace other guests, but many of the money grabbing things they’ve been doing that bother or put out other guests (thank God those MK cabanas are gone) just drive me nuts. This actually though isn’t that bad, but they could go back to doing evening EMH like they used to, maybe in addition to this night time ticket event.

Reactions: Iya
Sorry, guess will have to agree to disagree on this one. I think it does matter how long ago it was since the majority of today's guests have never had that particular perk. That's like saying, "I used to be able to get a gallon of gas for 25 cents; the gas companies are gouging me now."

Right. Airlines used to give out free meals, as in entire dinners. Even on a 2 hour flight. Now you have to pay if you want a 1oz bag of peanuts. Want some water to wash that down? It'll cost ya on many airlines.

WDW is a for profit company. We get to vote with our wallets. They come up with these special ad ons over and above what's included in your base ticket price, it's your decision to do them or not. We don't, it's just too rich for our blood. But I don't fault them for it.

C’mon @Klayfish, I know you said you’re too cheap for this (your words, not mine!) but as our designated Disney water park survivor on the DIS, you need to find a way to go and report back! 8-)

C’mon @Klayfish, I know you said you’re too cheap for this (your words, not mine!) but as our designated Disney water park survivor on the DIS, you need to find a way to go and report back! 8-)

I'd be honored. You're buying, right neighbor? :P

Seriously, our entire family would love to do this. But when you add up the cost for 5 of us, it's painful. That's why we don't do things like MVMCP, just far too expensive for the entire family. But water parks under the lights does sound fantastic! Only trouble is DW might get cold.

EMH were never REALLY free, though if you want to get technical about it.
How were/are they not free? Yes you’re paying to stay onsite, but it’s not like you’re paying extra for EMH, they’re a perk, just like Magical Express. You pay the same resort rate whether or not you take advantage of them.

How were/are they not free? Yes you’re paying to stay onsite, but it’s not like you’re paying extra for EMH, they’re a perk, just like Magical Express. You pay the same resort rate whether or not you take advantage of them.

I mean that onsite guests pay considerably more money for those "perks." Offsite guests don't get that perk unless they pay more to stay onsite.

I know, I'm a WDW apologist, but I don't understand the cheap shot mentality of OP "Another way to separate you from your money". Sigh... The water parks are already open about 9 hours per day during the summer. As others have said, 4 hours is usually plenty in a water park. We LOVE the water parks and rarely spend more than 4 hours there. While I admittedly wouldn't pay that kind of money, simply because I'm cheap, I see zero wrong with creating a special after hours event like this. I'm sure profit is built in, but they also have to pay CMs, run the equipment, etc...during these hours so it's not cheap for them to do.

If I hit the lottery, I'd be all in for this!
I wouldn't pay for it with my kids in tow because they would be wiped! But I want to look into this for my kid free trip. DH and I would have a BLAST!

EMH were never REALLY free, though if you want to get technical about it.
You don't pay extra for them, so yes, they are free. Or if you want to be really technical about it, they are included with your on-site resort stay.

I am ok with this and I usually complain about everything.

Personally I won’t be doing it. But hey, go for it.

The difference is if the hours are truly 8PM to midnight then this doesn’t prematurely close something which normally wouldn’t be open or impact greatly the normal operating hours.

Now the twice a week Halloween party that closes the Magic Kingdom at 6PM is an OUTRAGE!

I never knew the water parks had evening EMH, how long ago was that offered?

So, getting free EMH is just another way Disney is trying to "separate you from your money," right?? Sorry, I couldn't resist. And I do mean it all in fun. All of the little extras do seem to be getting out of hand.

Yes, some of them do.

They do NOW, but NONE of them did 10 years ago when EMH were offered at the water parks.

Not a big water park fan though my husband enjoys them. Half the appeal for us is to soak up some sun, so this is a hard pass for us.

Maybe with this extra revenue they can make the MK hours past 9pm some nights /sarcasm

We went to a nighttime DVC event at Typhoon Lagoon. There were free snacks and there must have been drinks too but I just remember the snacks. We really enjoyed the evening but it was free for us. It was our first night there and such an awesome, relaxing way to start off our vacation. We aren't huge on water parks so we probably wouldn't do this but just wanted to chime in after attending something similar and it was lovely!

I'm concerned it will be overrun with rambunctious teens.

Otherwise it sounds great. But I really would be concerned about them -- it sounds like a great thing to do in the summer if you're a parent with 14-year-olds who are driving you crazy. Just drive to Disney and turn 'em loose for a few hours. It's cheaper than DAH (plus DAH isn't offered) and my guess is kids woudl love it. And "terrorize" everyone else :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter