Another hard ticket event-Typhoon Lagoon

I couldn't imagine the wave poole being open after dark

The picture in the linked article made it look well lit. I can't imagine the whole park and all of the lazy river could be well lit though. Something about bodies of water in the dark really creep me out. Especially bodies of water in the dark in Florida! As much as I love water parks I don't want to be in one after 8:00pm - especially for $200+ for my family of 4.

I’m having a hard time picturing me enjoying it. I love TL, but I love the sunshine and relaxing on a loung chair in between doing rides, etc. You get super hot, then the rides cool you off, etc. Like most hard ticket events, I will leave this one for others. That’s why I’m glad the daytime hours are unchanged (for now.)

EMH were never REALLY free, though if you want to get technical about it.

I've taught my kids not to use the word 'free', it's included with the price of...fill in the blank."

Admission, tank of gas, airline flight, rental car, taxes, etc. It's a life lesson to learn that things are not flowing out to them because they are 'free.' DME doesn't operate for free & don't believe for one second they are doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. Dining plans are never offered free. Teachers still get paid & books don't get published & printed for free & buildings still need water, electricity & maintenance, so ask yourself where 'free tuition' comes from exactly. The construction worker in front of my house is still getting paid & that machine they are using wasn't free so therefore, the street being paved in front of my house is not being done for free. The one hundred straws sitting out at the burger joint aren't free, but they are included in the price of a beverage, I could take one or not.
So, driving over to ASMo & taking pics with the icons was not free. The candy art on a stick my kids got from the lady in Japan at EP was not free. The 30 or so drawings we did in the HS drawing class over the years & carefully brought home & placed in art binders were not free. The hand drawn Mickey & Minnie prints WDW mailed to us after our last trip were not free. But, it doesn't mean I don't enjoy them! Are there things included in the price you've paid? Yes. Can you pick & choose which inclusions you partake in? Yes. You just have to be realistic where they come from. EMH is great because it requires you to meet 2 paid criteria to enjoy. Maybe they will come up with a trifecta soon.

You don't pay extra for them, so yes, they are free. Or if you want to be really technical about it, they are included with your on-site resort stay.

Yes, "B"

Because WDW can be so expensive, its a common thread to put together a list of 'free' things to do at WDW. But, the reality is it's included in the price of your vacation. Sometimes you just need a little reprieve from having to open your wallet, again. Oh wait, Disney made it so you don't have to do that either. I mean tap your MB again.

Is this daily?

OK, I see the full info on disboards now:
Thursdays and Saturdays and it is a Pixar Party.

Last edited:

It won't be 4 hours. It's 3. 8pm-11pm on Thursdays and Saturdays for select dates.

We are considering it. I just want to know, will they be blasting music from the speakers all night? If so, we will have to skip it.

It was definitely open for the DVC event we attended. We went in for awhile and it was fantastic. Our fav was definitely the river though, I think we went around 4 times. I have never been to TL during the day but I can tell you I never once had any lighting concerns while there for the night time event.

We went to a nighttime DVC event at Typhoon Lagoon.!
The picture in the linked article made it look well lit. I can't imagine the whole park and all of the lazy river could be well lit though.
Not a problem, it's done all the time. In addition to the DVC event, other private events take place after close at TL on a regular basis, so this is not new. I've done many.

Not a problem, it's done all the time. In addition to the DVC event, other private events take place after close at TL on a regular basis, so this is not new. I've done many.
Yeah, I think if I remember correctly, when my son went for Festival Disney they had the trophy award ceremony at TL after regular closing.

For anyone who can’t imagine the wave pool being open at night. Please watch this lovely video and go to about 10 mins

I deff want to do this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter