Another How Old thread?

Thanks everyone. I was hoping to hear earlier. We will probably go when he’s 2.5 so I’ll just have to see where we are with it then. We have been a few times so know how much of a challenge it can be at times. Was hoping for a slightly easier trip next time. Mostly not needing to rent a crib & bring something much stuff. Think by 2.5 that part will at least be easier.
21/2 would have killed me. My 2 year olds were scared of everything and we were mid potty training so along with the diaper bag you have to stop to go potty because you can’t tell them no when you have been working on it. With my youngest DS we went to universal 1 day and a DCL cruise and it was a lot of work. He was picky about food and had endless energy. Just be prepared for possible meltdowns and possible fear of the characters. That really is an age we tried hard to skip the parks. They went as babies (because we had older kids) and again about 4.

We have 3 kiddos (currently 2, 3 and 5). They all transitioned to standard twin beds at home by about 20 months. That has helped a bunch with travel- they can sleep in a queen or double or whatever together without needing bed rails or anything. Likewise, we generally don't do high chairs after turning 2 (at home or at restaurants). We switched from high chair to booster at home shortly after age 1 so they'd get used to table behavior. All of this isn't to say that it's perfect (they for SURE have their moments) but most of the time, we can make it to about the 1 to 1.5 hr point in a restaurant generally before it all flies out the window. Every kid is different and for one of my kids we've had to be more intentional about not letting him get too hungry or else the sit down restaurant behavior is NOT good (not going to lie, sometimes we give him a snack while we're waiting in line for a restaurant to take the edge off).

Our last Disneyland trip, our youngest was about 18 months, then we had a nearly 3 year old and a 4 year old. The nearly 3 and 4 year olds were amazing ages. The 18 month spot was not "bad" but for sure trickier in terms of that he was still afraid of characters (at 2, that fear has totally disappeared it seems!) and hand holding in line was a little harder (though sometimes if he wouldn't hold a parents hand, it was easier to convince him to hold a siblings so that was fine). We're planning a trip to WDW for when he's 2.5 (siblings will still be 3 and 5) and I am really optimistic that it'll be pretty golden. That said, I may hold off on potty training him until the trip is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter