Another "I'm gonna be a Grandma" post :)

scrhsa

DIS Veteran
Yeppers! My oldest dd called last night and told me the news. I'm still numb and in disbelief!! We've been facetiming all day. I don't think I have ever heard them sound so happy. Oh, and they will also be getting married in May. So I get a wedding and a baby in 2018 :) Though they are going to have a very simple back yard wedding. She said all she wants is a bbq like her Poppy( my Dad) used to do for the 4th of July.
They have names already picked out and everything. My other two dd's are SO excited. Especially my youngest. She wants to go shopping and buy lots of baby things!!
Woohoo, I'm finally in the grandma club :):)

That's wonderful! I'm not a grandmother, but I'm married to one and we've been grandparents for over 6 years now. Grandkids are the best, you'll have so much fun. We were so excited we moved cities when our first DGD was born so we could be close to her (and DD & DSIL of course.) They live about 5 minutes away so we see them several times a week, and sometimes every day for a few days at a time. :)

Yay! My former MIL once told me that if she had known how awesome it was to be a grandparent she would have skipped that whole parenting thing and gone straight to being grandma :)

My son announced he was going to get married with a baby on the way too, last summer and planned his back yard wedding in my yard 2 weeks before his sisters.

He helps build our pergola. I went to 3 Hobby Lobbies and bought light green Chiffon material and sewed it back to back and draped it thru the laps on the pergola. By biggest score was talking to a flower seller at our local Farmers market and she let me have I am betting $500 worth of flowers for $35. I did all the flower arranging and my dd and her best friend made her bouquet. Back yards weddings do work.. I took out a one day policy on my homeowners insurance for extra coverage, just in case something would of happened. Alcohol was served.

Baby Oliver was born last month. We love him.
[GALLERY=]image.jpeg [/GALLERY]

Congratulations!!!!!

I just became a grandma for the 3rd time last Friday. He is a little peanut coming in at just 29 weeks and weighing 3 pounds, but all is well with him and he should be home by April!!!

MY FAVORITE PEOPLE CALL ME GRANDMA!!!!:love::love::love:

And my favorite people call me NANA!! :teeth: Whatever name you go by, it is the best.....even the short night sleeps (had DGS last night and got 3 hours sleep)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter