Another "I'm gonna be a Grandma" post :)

Yeppers! My oldest dd called last night and told me the news. I'm still numb and in disbelief!! We've been facetiming all day. I don't think I have ever heard them sound so happy. Oh, and they will also be getting married in May. So I get a wedding and a baby in 2018 :) Though they are going to have a very simple back yard wedding. She said all she wants is a bbq like her Poppy( my Dad) used to do for the 4th of July.
They have names already picked out and everything. My other two dd's are SO excited. Especially my youngest. She wants to go shopping and buy lots of baby things!!
Woohoo, I'm finally in the grandma club :):)

Welcome to the club!!!! Now what are you gonna be called, I am a Mema, other grandma is Nana.

Welcome to the club!!!! Now what are you gonna be called, I am a Mema, other grandma is Nana.

Well, this has been tough!! I'm leaning towards Mimsey. I think my dd wants Shani. A derivative of my name and its like "granny". Dont know yet. Most everyone else is good with Mimsey. One dd jokingly said it should be Shanmother or Shanma :):) I used to joke that all the grandkids would call me Big Mama :)

Well, this has been tough!! I'm leaning towards Mimsey. I think my dd wants Shani. A derivative of my name and its like "granny". Dont know yet. Most everyone else is good with Mimsey. One dd jokingly said it should be Shanmother or Shanma :):) I used to joke that all the grandkids would call me Big Mama :)

Congratulations!
I wanted to be called plain Grandma.
My then 10 month old granddaughter decided otherwise when she began talking... I'm Gaga...
Now all 3 grandkids call me that - you should see the strange looks I get when we are out in public and they call for me!

Congratulations!
I wanted to be called plain Grandma.
My then 10 month old granddaughter decided otherwise when she began talking... I'm Gaga...
Now all 3 grandkids call me that - you should see the strange looks I get when we are out in public and they call for me!

My oldest cousin started calling my grandmother “Gaga” and the rest of us followed suit! She was always Gaga to us!
OP congratulations!!

I wanted to be Gigi but my daughter didn't like that so I am Grandmom and DH is Granddad. The little one isn't talking yet.

Congrats!!

I was shooting for Mimi, because my one sister has claimed Grandma and another Nana (for their grandkids). For my youngest and oldest, I'm Mimi, but the middle calls me "MA"...lol.

Congrats!! I too am joining the club this June! My oldest will be 23 when the first one comes and I will be 43 lol! Young grandma club. My youngest dd is looking forward to being an aunt :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter