Another LA question or two!!

zaccy

Mouseketeer
Thanks to ehsmum for you what to do in LA thread - there seems so much and it appears so big I'm at a bit of a loss as to know where to start :lmao:

For those of you who stayed near DL did you spent a few nights in LA as in change you hotel or did you just commute to do the things you wanted to do? If you relocated what LA hotel did you use.

Whats public transport like getting to LA (from DL) is it just a train/bus away or are there a few changes you need to make and how long does it take. If we hired a car might that be a better option? :confused3

Very happy to hear all opinions and experiences.

Hi Zaccy :wave2:

Personally I would not travel from DL to downtown LA and back again. It is actually quite a distance, and the traffic in LA is horrendous.

We stayed in Anaheim when we were going to Disneyland and then moved to Studio City when we were doing the Hollywood/LA thing. I found it much easier.

Public transport over there is ok, but it is not fabulous. I found myself catching taxi's and town cars more than I would have thought as the buses are just very slow (soooooo many stops) and the train (only caught it once) was a bit scary :eek:

xxx

While at DL we stayed local, in LA we stayed at Best Western Sunset Plaza in West Hollywood. Great hotel and location!

We didn't experience public transport as we had a car. Hiring a car is the best option to get around as far as I'm concerned.

I concur, definately hire a car. LA is a car city no matter what they have tried to do with it recently.
It really depends what you want to do and how long you will be in each location. In particular LA is not one place so you even if you stay in one area you may have to travel a fair distance to get to another part of LA.

Hi, we've done both, stayed in a hotel, and driven. We stayed close to the walk of fame for our LA stay. We also have hired a car from Anaheim and driven to Universal, wasn't too bad actually pretty easy drive, although not sure how we'd go driving around LA itself. I guess it depends how long you have, if you have enough time for a couple of nights in LA and 4 or more in Anaheim, I would split my stay.

Living in California my entire life you DONT want to commute every day. Highways are parking lots. Public transportation is not good from DL to LA. You will want to rent a car and drive yourself.

We hire a car and drive around from Anaheim. It's a good enough mid way point for us to get to San Diego and up to LA. If heading up towards LA, we leave Anaheim at about 9.30 am (in winter) to avoid traffic; or leave at 7.30 am in the morning (in summer).

We haven't done it yet, but we're hiring a car for 7 days and splitting our stay between 3 hotels. We're staying 2 nights in Hollywood, 1 night San Diego and 4 nights at Anaheim. We were going to get rid of the car once we got to Anaheim as we won't need it there, but it was cheaper to do a weekly LAX-LAX rental then a 4 day one way hire.

Thanks for the imput everyone, much appreciated :goodvibes

While I love going to new places I really like returning to places as you know so much more and the holiday seems to really flow well IYKWIM :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter