Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Wow--Three weeks in Germany just in time for Oktoberfest! 11 is a bit young for beer, but when in Germany...:earboy2: Is it a school sanctioned trip? Sounds like fun. Germany is a fantastic place to visit.

Yes, school approved as he has not been out of school save a day or two a year for ill health/appointments. He will be reading a book, and doing a report. Apparently, he also needs to practice his cursive writing!

Last edited:
he also needs to practice his cursive writing!

That might be a skill that is slowly slipping away. My handwriting has completely deteriorated due to non use, everything is on computer. When I do write something such as addressing an envelope, it looks like a first grader wrote it.

Does your DGS speak any German? It's a fun language to learn, maybe he'll pick some phrases up. :)

That might be a skill that is slowly slipping away. My handwriting has completely deteriorated due to non use, everything is on computer. When I do write something such as addressing an envelope, it looks like a first grader wrote it.

Does your DGS speak any German? It's a fun language to learn, maybe he'll pick some phrases up. :)

No he doesn't but, our son was able to pick it up a bit when they visited last. Ddil did not teach him because most of the younger family members (all her family live in Germany) all speak both languages. Dgs hasn't been back to visit since he was 3 years old. This is an exciting visit for him. pixiedust:

Just thought I'd bump this back to Page One and say "hi" to all my ALDIO DISers. :wave: I miss hangin' around on this thread but RL has gotten in my way a lot but it's ok.....just keeping me busier than usual.

Hope everyone is having a nice beginning of fall or end of summer or in some cases ( ;) ) beginning of spring!!! :sunny:

Just dropping by to say hello. Nothing important is happening. Working out??? Oh, thanks but no I haven't been. Nah same haircut, I am letting my beard grow out a bit. Oh...my post count? At a milestone??? Why, I can't say that I notic...well whaddaya know! I had NO idea. Now I have, oh...still only a fraction of Kitty 34's.:blush:

Just dropping by to say hello. Nothing important is happening. Working out??? Oh, thanks but no I haven't been. Nah same haircut, I am letting my beard grow out a bit. Oh...my post count? At a milestone??? Why, I can't say that I notic...well whaddaya know! I had NO idea. Now I have, oh...still only a fraction of Kitty 34's.:blush:

I never notice my post count, Ron but congrats on 25,000!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

The only reason mine is as high as it is, is because I do the word games. Otherwise, as you know, I'm a very shy CB poster!!! :ccat:

Tomorrow (Thursday) will be an anniversary, of sorts, for me. Actually the anniversary is 9/15, but it was Thursday last year when I went in for gastric sleeve surgery. I've always been overweight, but after having DD (when I was 37) and then aging, it was out of control. Didn't matter what I ate or drank- or DIDN"T eat or drink- the scale slowly went up every year. I wasn't there yet, but could clearly see "300" on the scale's horizon and was starting to have some pre-health issues, so I decided it was time. I've lost 93 pounds this year and couldn't be happier! I am smaller, stronger, healthier than I've been in over 25 years. I've changed my whole relationship with and outlook on food, but I know I couldn't have done it without the surgery. While I'd like to lose another 20-ish pounds, if I never lose another ounce, I'm happy. This is the best thing I've ever done for myself, and I only wish I'd done it before I turned 60!

Interestingly, on Friday, which is actually the one-year anniversary of my surgery, I'll be in NYC, seeing Paul McCartney in concert! :woohoo: Not at all connected to my weight loss, DD23 bought me the tickets as a Mother's Day present (birthday present, Christmas present, for several years, given the cost, LOL!). She knows this has always been a dream of mine! DH and I will spend the weekend in Manhattan, seeing Sir Paul on Friday night and then a show (maybe Miss Saigon) on Saturday. I'm sure we'll do a lot of walking around the city, eating good food and drinking interesting adult concoctions. I can't wait!!

Tomorrow (Thursday) will be an anniversary, of sorts, for me. Actually the anniversary is 9/15, but it was Thursday last year when I went in for gastric sleeve surgery. I've always been overweight, but after having DD (when I was 37) and then aging, it was out of control. Didn't matter what I ate or drank- or DIDN"T eat or drink- the scale slowly went up every year. I wasn't there yet, but could clearly see "300" on the scale's horizon and was starting to have some pre-health issues, so I decided it was time. I've lost 93 pounds this year and couldn't be happier! I am smaller, stronger, healthier than I've been in over 25 years. I've changed my whole relationship with and outlook on food, but I know I couldn't have done it without the surgery. While I'd like to lose another 20-ish pounds, if I never lose another ounce, I'm happy. This is the best thing I've ever done for myself, and I only wish I'd done it before I turned 60!

Interestingly, on Friday, which is actually the one-year anniversary of my surgery, I'll be in NYC, seeing Paul McCartney in concert! :woohoo: Not at all connected to my weight loss, DD23 bought me the tickets as a Mother's Day present (birthday present, Christmas present, for several years, given the cost, LOL!). She knows this has always been a dream of mine! DH and I will spend the weekend in Manhattan, seeing Sir Paul on Friday night and then a show (maybe Miss Saigon) on Saturday. I'm sure we'll do a lot of walking around the city, eating good food and drinking interesting adult concoctions. I can't wait!!

Congrats on getting healthier this year! And it sounds like you are fully enjoying being a healthier you. I hope you have a wonderful time in NYC. Report back here and let us know all about it.

Jevs is not allowed to go missing. We have too many missing ALDIO members already. Boo, hiss! Come back, Jevsie. Here's breakfast:

1869bf8f860c5f8e8ce4c4878b1ce9f3--travel-box-travel-ideas.jpg

@leebee congratulations on your anniversary! I've known several people who've had great success with the procedure, so glad it worked out for you. I've seen Paul McCartney many times, you'll love every second of it.

@Twilight Sparkle I see what you did with the breakfast photo. I believe it was the promise of a big breakfast in an exotic location that enticed @jevs here in the first place. Well...the food & Willy ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter