Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Tomorrow (Thursday) will be an anniversary, of sorts, for me. Actually the anniversary is 9/15, but it was Thursday last year when I went in for gastric sleeve surgery. I've always been overweight, but after having DD (when I was 37) and then aging, it was out of control. Didn't matter what I ate or drank- or DIDN"T eat or drink- the scale slowly went up every year. I wasn't there yet, but could clearly see "300" on the scale's horizon and was starting to have some pre-health issues, so I decided it was time. I've lost 93 pounds this year and couldn't be happier! I am smaller, stronger, healthier than I've been in over 25 years. I've changed my whole relationship with and outlook on food, but I know I couldn't have done it without the surgery. While I'd like to lose another 20-ish pounds, if I never lose another ounce, I'm happy. This is the best thing I've ever done for myself, and I only wish I'd done it before I turned 60!

Interestingly, on Friday, which is actually the one-year anniversary of my surgery, I'll be in NYC, seeing Paul McCartney in concert! :woohoo: Not at all connected to my weight loss, DD23 bought me the tickets as a Mother's Day present (birthday present, Christmas present, for several years, given the cost, LOL!). She knows this has always been a dream of mine! DH and I will spend the weekend in Manhattan, seeing Sir Paul on Friday night and then a show (maybe Miss Saigon) on Saturday. I'm sure we'll do a lot of walking around the city, eating good food and drinking interesting adult concoctions. I can't wait!!

Congrats! My Dmil was a TOPS Canadian Chapter Member for 2 decades, and maintained an 104lb weight loss. :)

Jane, I hope you grandson is enjoying Germany. My daughter is teaching herself German. She's also learning French, but she decided to add German on her own this past year. She's really having a lot of fun with it. I bet your grandson picks up at least a few words along the way this trip.

We assume he is enjoying Germany! They let us know they'd arrived with a favourable 2 flights. Then, it's been quiet from them. They are preparing for ddil's brother's wedding Saturday so.. we aren't surprised it's quiet... lol. Also, ds is only there for one of the three weeks so.. he's probably busier playing tourist. :)

No posts for a whole week???? We can't let that happen now, can we? Hope everyone is well and enjoying the final bit of summer. I had a six month checkup with my doc last week. He's going over all my stats & lab work and in summary he stated: "You could be doing a lot worse!":rotfl2: I laughed when he said that and then he laughed too, he's a pretty low key guy so he must have realized that was kind of an odd thing to say. The more I think about it the funnier it gets.
I think when people say "How ya doin'?" I may start replying "I could be doing a lot worse.":rotfl: There were two guys in the waiting room, I don't know how old they were but they looked like they might have been late 70s/early 80s. One guy was talking to himself, the other guy didn't look like he was up to the task of walking from the waiting area back to the exam room. Maybe compared to some of my doc's other patients I'm the picture of health.:earseek:

No posts for a whole week???? We can't let that happen now, can we? Hope everyone is well and enjoying the final bit of summer. I had a six month checkup with my doc last week. He's going over all my stats & lab work and in summary he stated: "You could be doing a lot worse!":rotfl2: I laughed when he said that and then he laughed too, he's a pretty low key guy so he must have realized that was kind of an odd thing to say. The more I think about it the funnier it gets.
I think when people say "How ya doin'?" I may start replying "I could be doing a lot worse.":rotfl: There were two guys in the waiting room, I don't know how old they were but they looked like they might have been late 70s/early 80s. One guy was talking to himself, the other guy didn't look like he was up to the task of walking from the waiting area back to the exam room. Maybe compared to some of my doc's other patients I'm the picture of health.:earseek:

Now you know Ron, if someone read your post real fast they might think your doctor is our infamous LowKey!!! :teeth: (Love ya and hey to LowKey!!!)

Thought of this reading your post; A wall of optimism was in the Lobby at our hotel this trip! :)

IMG_00000335.jpg

Well, there were pictures I thought I'd posted but, I guess that was on fb for a friend fighting cancer who is a First Nations Canadian, and the Lobby of the hotel reflected her culture.IMG_00000337.jpg

IMG_00000335.jpg

Sorry for the repetition. :)

IMG0592A.jpg

Also in the Lobby. My husband liked this even though he is more a Motorcyclist than a Bicyclist!

IMG0598A.jpg IMG0599A.jpg
On each tree trunk pillar forming a circle was tribute to a First Nations People. Where the commercial is being shown in the first picture there are screens that show an interpretative narration of the different groups. :)

The hotel as viewed from a glass ceiling in a Lobby area.

IMG0603A.jpg
IMG0602A.jpg

Me, and the Orillia, Ontario Bear. :)

Attachments

• IMG0601A.jpg
    IMG0601A.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thought of this reading your post; A wall of optimism was in the Lobby at our hotel this trip! :)

View attachment 271357

I LOVE the Wall of Optimism! My favorites are the one about using life well and I Just Awesomed All Over the Place. I could have used the awesome one last night because that describes the fabulous meal I made for our dinner! Too bad there are no leftovers.

Doing my part to keep the thread close to the top. Glad you "could be doing worse", Micca. Keep up the good work! LOL!!! PollyannaMom, glad to hear your family made it through the storms okay. I also have family impacted by both Harvey and Irma. Both families are fine, too, but there was some damage to property. Thankful it wasn't worse!

I feel like I lead the most boring life ever because we have our routines and rarely stray from them except when we go out of town, so I never have great news to share. As a result, my big news is that I bought a few new flavors of tea that we're really enjoying and that temps resembling the fires of hell have once again descended upon our area. We do have a couple of trips to the mountains coming up over the next couple of months, so that will be nice. Hopefully the hellfire temps will be long gone by then.

Doing my part to keep the thread close to the top. Glad you "could be doing worse", Micca. Keep up the good work! LOL!!! PollyannaMom, glad to hear your family made it through the storms okay. I also have family impacted by both Harvey and Irma. Both families are fine, too, but there was some damage to property. Thankful it wasn't worse!

I feel like I lead the most boring life ever because we have our routines and rarely stray from them except when we go out of town, so I never have great news to share. As a result, my big news is that I bought a few new flavors of tea that we're really enjoying and that temps resembling the fires of hell have once again descended upon our area. We do have a couple of trips to the mountains coming up over the next couple of months, so that will be nice. Hopefully the hellfire temps will be long gone by then.

We too, here in S.W. Ontario are in sweltering temps Sunday promises to be 41C in the shade. Will you be able to post some pictures of your Mountain trips? :)

Hopefully the hellfire temps will be long gone by then.

I think you can bet on that! November in the mountains??? It's gotta be chilly up there! Sounds nice though, do you ski? I've never been skiing because I'm a klutz and would have broken bones by the time I got off the lift. In fact, I don't think I'm brave enough to get on the lift!:)

We too, here in S.W. Ontario are in sweltering temps Sunday promises to be 41C in the shade. Will you be able to post some pictures of your Mountain trips? :)

The whole continent must be engulfed. Yuck!

I will try to remember to take pics. We used to be crazy photo people when our daughter was younger. Now that she's older, we often forget to take pics. We're too busy being in the moment, I guess. That's all well and good at the time, but I know we'll regret that later! That's why I love Memory Maker for our WDW trips. When I fork over that $, I make sure we hit as many PhotoPass stops as possible. We need Smoky Mountain PhotoPass services to be an actual thing! :)

I think you can bet on that! November in the mountains??? It's gotta be chilly up there! Sounds nice though, do you ski? I've never been skiing because I'm a klutz and would have broken bones by the time I got off the lift. In fact, I don't think I'm brave enough to get on the lift!:)

There's only one place to ski in the mountains we visit (Smokies; we also visit the Ouachita/Ozarks but no place at all to ski there as far as I know), and most of the time, I think they make their own snow at Ober-Gatlinburg. Also, I doubt I would be a good candidate for skiing since I feel my stomach turn over just by standing at the top of our staircase and looking down. We hike instead. I just stay as far away from the edges as possible. I don't think I'd like the ski lift, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter