Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Good wishes for a good, uneventful move, Kitty.

Ditto!!! Hurry back to us, @Kitty 34 !

:goodvibes That picture is one of my favourite things ever, but I confess it’s not from this most recent ordeal. It was the front page of our local paper and went viral after a similar gawd-awful storm here 2 years ago in September. That one caused chaos because it brought down hundreds of trees all over the city because they were all still in full foliage when the heavy, wet snow hit. It took weeks to clean it all up. It did melt off and we had quite a bit more decent autumn weather though. This time we are unlikely to be so lucky. I think Winter is here in earnest. :mad:

I can't bring myself to like this knowing how long and cold winter can be for you guys. I hope you're surprised with a few more weeks of nice weather, though.

I thought of you when checking my email this morning. I had a newsletter from Cornell Lab of Ornithology about the billions of birds migrating right now. :rotfl2:I'll keep a lookout in our yard for our Canadian friends - of the feathered variety, of course! :rotfl:

It's probably a good thing I can't post pics because our gutted house is just crazy. DH sends me pics every day. I cried the other day because the house doesn't even look like the house we raised our sons in. I know it will be all good when it's finished but seeing my house without walls, floors, and ceilings is a little unnerving. Thanks for letting me vent; just feeling a bit sad. :sad1:

I send many many :hug: to people that lost their homes because of Hurricane Michael.......at least I knew my house was going to look this way after a few days .

We're spending the weekend looking at wedding venues. Last weekend we looked at 6 and tomorrow we will look at 2 more. Hoping to make a decision within the week- then DD can start looking for her dress! This is all very exciting, moving quickly, and is just slightly exhausting. Having a great time, though!

It's probably a good thing I can't post pics because our gutted house is just crazy. DH sends me pics every day. I cried the other day because the house doesn't even look like the house we raised our sons in. I know it will be all good when it's finished but seeing my house without walls, floors, and ceilings is a little unnerving. Thanks for letting me vent; just feeling a bit sad. :sad1:

I send many many :hug: to people that lost their homes because of Hurricane Michael.......at least I knew my house was going to look this way after a few days .

:hug: to you, the same sent along with thoughts, and prayers for those affected by Michael.

Hi, all! Good to hear from you guys!

Jane, lovely pic of Charlie! He looks like such a sweetie!

Kitty, I'm glad you're back with us and hope your house starts to look like a younger, fresher version of its old self again soon.

Micca, calm is good. Enjoy it!

Leebee, happy wedding planning! I hope you guys find the perfect place for the big day!

Ronandannette, oh no! More snow!!!! I'm so sorry. You can send a slight dusting our way, if you wish, but not several inches, please. The horses wouldn't like that. Maybe if everyone was open to a little dusting, we could take the whole thing off your hands! : ) That Windsor Wedding Wind was relentless so if yours is worse, perhaps don't wear a hat or a dress until it subsides.

The only thing new here is the weather and the earlier sunsets. It's finally cold. 60s during the day and 40s at night. I had to bring in my lemon tree, and we finally did a bunch of transplanting in our yard. I love the cold temps, but could do without the earlier sunsets. Can we please abolish daylight savings? The fall time change hasn't even happened yet, and it's already getting dark way too early. The lack of daylight in the evening hours zaps my energy. Okay, whine over. On to happier things . . .

We might be heading to East TN later this month, and I just read this morning that our desired travel dates should fall during peak leaf color, so that's good news. We usually time it wrong and just miss the change. It would be great if our timing is good for once!

Have a great weekend, all!

Twilight, our peak is pretty much this week. It was a beautiful ride to the house and back to the apartment today; all countryside. I bet Tennessee is gorgeous in the fall colors. :)

Ron, I was offline for about two days but am all hooked up again at the apartment. I am still trying to navigate the new cable TV controller as we had DISH back at the house. Just can't teach an old dog new tricks!! :rolleyes: Ok, possibly Jane's dog!! ;)

Leebee, good luck finding the perfect place; you guys will know it when you see it. :hug:

Seriously on the more snow Ronandannette!!!

Twilight, our peak is pretty much this week. It was a beautiful ride to the house and back to the apartment today; all countryside. I bet Tennessee is gorgeous in the fall colors. :)

Ron, I was offline for about two days but am all hooked up again at the apartment. I am still trying to navigate the new cable TV controller as we had DISH back at the house. Just can't teach an old dog new tricks!! :rolleyes: Ok, possibly Jane's dog!! ;)

Leebee, good luck finding the perfect place; you guys will know it when you see it. :hug:

Seriously on the more snow Ronandannette!!!

So glad there is an upside to your trip back to the house. Hoping there will be many more for you.

Hi, all! Good to hear from you guys!

Jane, lovely pic of Charlie! He looks like such a sweetie!

Kitty, I'm glad you're back with us and hope your house starts to look like a younger, fresher version of its old self again soon.

Micca, calm is good. Enjoy it!

Leebee, happy wedding planning! I hope you guys find the perfect place for the big day!

Ronandannette, oh no! More snow!!!! I'm so sorry. You can send a slight dusting our way, if you wish, but not several inches, please. The horses wouldn't like that. Maybe if everyone was open to a little dusting, we could take the whole thing off your hands! : ) That Windsor Wedding Wind was relentless so if yours is worse, perhaps don't wear a hat or a dress until it subsides.

The only thing new here is the weather and the earlier sunsets. It's finally cold. 60s during the day and 40s at night. I had to bring in my lemon tree, and we finally did a bunch of transplanting in our yard. I love the cold temps, but could do without the earlier sunsets. Can we please abolish daylight savings? The fall time change hasn't even happened yet, and it's already getting dark way too early. The lack of daylight in the evening hours zaps my energy. Okay, whine over. On to happier things . . .

We might be heading to East TN later this month, and I just read this morning that our desired travel dates should fall during peak leaf color, so that's good news. We usually time it wrong and just miss the change. It would be great if our timing is good for once!

Have a great weekend, all!

Enjoy the colours of the season. We went along the wine route of Niagara today it was spectacular! :)

Apparently I'm invisible... sigh.

While at a buffet recently some of the partakers came up out of nowhere, and broke into the waiting line.. Then, while I was waiting next to one woman in a station line another woman came from around a corner, saddled up beside the one I was waiting to finish, and took a turn for that dish.

The worst though was DH having to practically catch me when another woman pushed me into him while she rushed past us from behind. That really scared me because a fall as a senior is usually not a good thing... sigh. I'm so glad my DH was beside me.
Aww you're not invisible to us :grouphug:

:faint:
OMG that's crazy:scared1: I can't remember the last time I lived somewhere that got that kind of snow, maybe once or twice in my entire lifetime. Good grief:eek:

Good luck with the move, I hope you have lots of help. If I had to box everything up again I think I'd just tell 'em to give it to someone else. OK, not really, I'm attached to too much physical "stuff" but it would still be tempting. I could still be persuaded to move to Florida.:teeth:

:faint: This is just nuts, I don't know how you cope with it.:cold: If we had 1/3 that much snow the city would shut down for several days

Ron, you must have selective memory :rolleyes1:P (said with love of course :D). You've forgotten the year (might have been 2010,2011 or 2012 can't exactly remember) we got slammed with a snow storm of 12inches or 14 inches and then shortly after we got another storm that dumped another 12 or 14 inches. I can't remember which storm was first the 12 inch or the 14 inch one so that's why I put both in.

It did shut down a lot of our area and it was terrible.

We also had a big storm in Feb 2014 that dumped a lot.

These last couple of years has lulled us though since we got zilch snow. We don't normally get big snow storms (like the 10inches being talked about nor do I think anyone in our area actually wants that kind of snow at once lol ) that's for sure more like max 3-5inches if that per storm (normally more like 1-3inches per storm). I want snow this year and we really badly need snow this year but not really big snow storms lol..oh and I don't want ice storms either.

When Aaron was in Maryland in 2016 they got 24inches of snow over the course of a day :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: He totally hadn't seen that much before nor have I ever seen that much before in such a short time. He was a sweetie though helping out his landlord shovel her snow and then helped a few neighbors out and one of the neighbors invited him and a few others that helped out for dinner that night which I thought was very night of them ::yes::

Actually, I need to declutter anyway since we need to try to defend ourselves against the great brown recluse migration.
That's always been a big worry of mine meaning brown recluse since I see spiders a lot around my house. Part of it is normal for a house, the other part is living near woods.

Well, I have some exciting news to share! On Sunday evening, my daughter got engaged! She and her fiancé have been together over 5 years. We really, REALLY like this guy and his parents- and we've met some of the extended family (brother, grandparents, aunts/uncles) and get along with them, too. We are over-the-moon happy for them! They are hoping to be married on May 25, 2019 (but maybe a week later, as many venues are a little cheaper in June)... short time to plan a wedding here, with a bride who lives out-of-state! SO EXCITED AND HAPPY!!

[GALLERY=]View attachment 355640 View attachment 355639 [/GALLERY]

We're spending the weekend looking at wedding venues. Last weekend we looked at 6 and tomorrow we will look at 2 more. Hoping to make a decision within the week- then DD can start looking for her dress! This is all very exciting, moving quickly, and is just slightly exhausting. Having a great time, though!
So happy for you and your daughter and future son-in-law!!! And what beautiful photos :love::love:

Let's put it this way I got the lease for 6 months as the contractor said up to four months......I've always estimated for more money, or time or whatever!! ;) Hey has your snow melted yet!!!?

Thanks Dan for the well wishes. :goodvibes

I've been fighting this move and packing now for a little over a month but within 48 hours Two Men with a hopefully really big Truck will come and take all our belongings 12 miles away. And Micca, I could pretend it's Florida as the apartment we're going to is 12 miles south of my house. I really think the temps are half to 1 degrees warmer in the winter!! :rotfl:
That's smart too to get a few months extra on the lease. Fingers crossed no delays though :)

I'm sure it was startling seeing your house you created memories in looking like that :( At the same time the silver lining is you'll have new walls, new floors, etc. Won't replace the memories for sure though. Again sorry you're having to deal with that!.

You've forgotten the year (might have been 2010,2011

I wasn't living here then.;) I lived in Louisville, KY for 5 years where the winters were generally very mild. The first winter I was there it was in the 50s all through January, I thought I was in heaven:) Turns out that was an exceptionally mild winter for that area but it's not as windy there.
Ron, you must have selective memory
Oh I don't doubt that. I was talking to a friend on the phone the other day about a shared hobby and he told me how great my memory is. I told him to "hang on, repeat that to DW!":teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter