Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

I am crazy-busy at work right now (for some reason auto-correct or something wrote that as "crazy-sexy, HAHAHA). We are doing 6 labs in 2 weeks, so not only do I have to prep lectures and instruct for each 4 hour lab, but there are also lab reports to grade (for each of 10 students) as well as manage chemical set up/clean up, waste managements, and that little thing called a wedding in 17 days!! Right now at work they are giving me a hard time about taking the time off. SORRY!! They have known I'll be gone for a week (Wed-Wed) since December, and I double-checked the schedule in March before making the final payments on airbnb and such. Admittedly it's not a good time for me to be gone, but that's out of my hands. I can make some concessions and come back to work a day earlier than I'd like to (although with relatives from all over the country will be in town for this wedding, I'd like to stay and visit them), but that's it. I will only have dial-up internet (who does that in this day and age?) and no printer, so I am NOT accepting lab reports electronically and grading while I am away. Just not gonna do it. I know it'll work out, but it's just one more thing adding to the general stress right now. DH will be away at a training conference from 6/2 to 6/6, so hopefully I'll get the veil finished while he's gone (complete change of style and design since I last posted... but not more work). We are off to CT for DD's recital from 6/7 to 6/9 (who knew I'd still be watching my almost 26yo still performing- but this year she also has several pieces she choreographed that she'd like me to see), then will take off for the wedding from 6/12-6/19. In addition to the veil, I need to finish the parasol decorations (12 lace parasols with floral garland and draping flowers around the edge- they'll hang from the ceiling, but they need the flowers and eye-hooks for hanging, still) and the veil (hand-attach some lovely lace, see below). Fortunately I don't have to make the vine/floral garland to hang on the pergola; venue just informed us they charge $250 to hang this so we decided to skip it. Returned the materials to JoAnn Fabrics yesterday; LOVE having a credit instead of a charge on my card! OH and we need to get the programs printed. DH's printer is not printing the colors nicely- they all appear as muddled grey to lilac tones- so I guess they need to go to Staples. At work I need to keep up with the teaching and grading, and get the chemicals set up for the next session (12 labs, they just doubled the enrollment so instead of 12 students we have 24... grrrrr...). Other than all this, we just need to pack for a week and then it'll be off to the wedding! WOW!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!

Thanks for letting me ramble on about all this... sometimes it just helps to get it all out, makes it easier to see and organize. I am SUPER excited and don't care how hard I drive myself in the next two weeks- I want to have everything done so I can spend the wedding- time with my family. One of my biggest regrets about my own wedding was the tight-budget, so much was DIY. While DH was visiting with everyone, hanging out at the beach, etc., I was sewing, still working on my dress and veil, right up until I was supposed to be at the church (and was actually 45 minutes late). THat's not going to happen this time! Just pray for lovely sunny weather in southern NH on Father's Day, OK? It's not been the best spring up here in Bangor (chilly, cloudy/rainy) so I am hoping for much nicer weather, further south, in 2 weeks!!
View attachment 403993 Here's the lace trim for the veil...

Wishes being sent for wonderful wedding weather... I'd include an emoji but for some reason I. Can. Not.

@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson , your DLR trip sounds and looks so fun! Glad Aaron found an apartment so quickly. Wishing you two the best throughout this adventure. Oh, and loved the seasons chart.
Thanks we had some real fun other than the weather being a bummer.

This is technically his 3rd field assignment he has done.

In 2015 he was in Houston/Katy, TX then home for 2 weeks then off to Lusby, MD starting at the very beginning of 2016. Both were the same power plant project just Houston,Katy was in the office and Lusby was actually at the power plant site. This one he's on right now is also actually at the power plant site in Long Beach,CA. Both times he would come home every 2 weeks this time however he gets Fridays off when he comes home so that's nice to have that extra day.

As much as having him gone sucks for a variety of reasons it does allow for earning of Southwest points, hotel points for some nights at least and the opportunity to visit places I wouldn't have before.

My first trip out there to visit him we're actually meeting up in Vegas lol so I won't actually see his apartment yet. He's been wanting to go back ever since we went in 2017. Out that way in terms of direction I wanted to go to Disneyland and he wanted to go to Vegas :rotfl:. He was supposed to get Good Friday off but the craft workers weren't going to be able to (it wasn't a Union holiday) so they gave the engineers the option of taking the day off or adding it as a Floating Holiday to take in the next few months. We decided for me to take his plane ticket (so he won't be coming home that weekend) and add an extra day and go to Vegas. We'll be going in about 3 weeks so I'm pretty excited about that.
Mackenzie, how cool for your son and you to have a special trip like that. Nice pic of you guys. You must be so proud of him. :thumbsup2
Thank you!

....a correction though. Aaron is my husband not my son lol. We don't have kids (yet) :D

But I'm very proud of him either way :)
Yup... we got it, and it was heavy!!
I'm still having fun with Allergy Season!

But on the more true fun side, we are within reach 90ish day ticker of our RCCL cruise account access! WOW!! THE SEA SHE IS CALLING...:boat:
I *think* we're all over the snow right in our respective areas? Maybe IDK I know some parts of the U.S. still have been geting snow.

Woohoo on the cruise part!
I had bariatric surgery a little over 2 years ago. I have learned to ALWAYS eat the best parts first... I may not have room for them if I wait! 100+ pounds lighter and over-indulgent; it's all good!
Congrats on the weight loss!!
Well it's that time of year again, and this year we're going!
I remember you posting about that last year I believe. I enjoyed watching the video you posted. I'm glad you're going to be able to go this year. You must let us know how it goes :)
Finally diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and sinus infection.
Ugh I hate those. I hope you feel better (are feeling better)!
I was thinking of this thread yesterday when all those tornadoes were in Oklahoma. I used to be so fearful when my one son was stationed down there and they were under many watches and warning over his 6 years there.
Living in the midwest it's just normal, at least for me but it doesn't make it any less scary that's for sure so I totally understand being concerned :hug:

Last night last night was a scary event (in KC). I still cannot believe right now we don't have any fatalities and I'm hoping that doesn't change. They just said the one that hit closest to me was an EF4, where the one on the other side of the state line was an EF2.

If that EF4 had shifted in several spots I don't even want to imagine what could have happened.

This is a photo taken from a building on the campus of my alma mater (which is ontop of a hill):

One of the crazier stories is hearing about this plant pot from a now destroyed wholesale florist place that was found 50miles east from where it originated at:

Crazy busy here too. DS graduates on Friday! I’m alternately super proud of him and an absolute puddle.
Aww congrats to him (and you too!) :hug:

I am crazy-busy at work right now (for some reason auto-correct or something wrote that as "crazy-sexy, HAHAHA). We are doing 6 labs in 2 weeks, so not only do I have to prep lectures and instruct for each 4 hour lab, but there are also lab reports to grade (for each of 10 students) as well as manage chemical set up/clean up, waste managements, and that little thing called a wedding in 17 days!! Right now at work they are giving me a hard time about taking the time off. SORRY!! They have known I'll be gone for a week (Wed-Wed) since December, and I double-checked the schedule in March before making the final payments on airbnb and such. Admittedly it's not a good time for me to be gone, but that's out of my hands. I can make some concessions and come back to work a day earlier than I'd like to (although with relatives from all over the country will be in town for this wedding, I'd like to stay and visit them), but that's it. I will only have dial-up internet (who does that in this day and age?) and no printer, so I am NOT accepting lab reports electronically and grading while I am away. Just not gonna do it. I know it'll work out, but it's just one more thing adding to the general stress right now. DH will be away at a training conference from 6/2 to 6/6, so hopefully I'll get the veil finished while he's gone (complete change of style and design since I last posted... but not more work). We are off to CT for DD's recital from 6/7 to 6/9 (who knew I'd still be watching my almost 26yo still performing- but this year she also has several pieces she choreographed that she'd like me to see), then will take off for the wedding from 6/12-6/19. In addition to the veil, I need to finish the parasol decorations (12 lace parasols with floral garland and draping flowers around the edge- they'll hang from the ceiling, but they need the flowers and eye-hooks for hanging, still) and the veil (hand-attach some lovely lace, see below). Fortunately I don't have to make the vine/floral garland to hang on the pergola; venue just informed us they charge $250 to hang this so we decided to skip it. Returned the materials to JoAnn Fabrics yesterday; LOVE having a credit instead of a charge on my card! OH and we need to get the programs printed. DH's printer is not printing the colors nicely- they all appear as muddled grey to lilac tones- so I guess they need to go to Staples. At work I need to keep up with the teaching and grading, and get the chemicals set up for the next session (12 labs, they just doubled the enrollment so instead of 12 students we have 24... grrrrr...). Other than all this, we just need to pack for a week and then it'll be off to the wedding! WOW!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!

Thanks for letting me ramble on about all this... sometimes it just helps to get it all out, makes it easier to see and organize. I am SUPER excited and don't care how hard I drive myself in the next two weeks- I want to have everything done so I can spend the wedding- time with my family. One of my biggest regrets about my own wedding was the tight-budget, so much was DIY. While DH was visiting with everyone, hanging out at the beach, etc., I was sewing, still working on my dress and veil, right up until I was supposed to be at the church (and was actually 45 minutes late). THat's not going to happen this time! Just pray for lovely sunny weather in southern NH on Father's Day, OK? It's not been the best spring up here in Bangor (chilly, cloudy/rainy) so I am hoping for much nicer weather, further south, in 2 weeks!!
View attachment 403993 Here's the lace trim for the veil...

I hope your workload lightens up soon because it sounds like you will need a cruise or spa weekend or just a nice long lie in after these labs and the wedding! Hoping for great weather for you all and looking forward to seeing at least one photo!!!!!!

Well, I've gotten myself into quite the pickle. DH is in Boston (Sun-Thur) for a training meeting. This morning (Tuesday) as I was leaving the house for work, I caught my shoe on a screw that had raised on the front porch and fell down the steps! I managed to tap-dance down a couple of them but went flying down the last 2 or 3. Smacked my head pretty solidly, and I think I knocked myself out briefly- it's weird, but I don't really know. All I clearly recall is suddenly being out flat on the front walk, with a roaring noise in my head and blurry vision on the edge of one eye. That scared me enough so that once I knew I hadn't broken anything, I went to be checked out. Walk-in-Care says I have a minor concussion. I have a crazy headache, my palms are scraped up, my arms and shoulders hurt, and for some odd reason, so do my feet. As I was falling, I was thinking "Don't crash on your face- Wedding Pictures" and twisted so I wouldn't break my nose! I went to work and of course a good friend and colleague sent me right back home. I am not supposed to have screen time or do much else with my eyes until the headache clears, but I'm so bored, home all alone... until THURSDAY NIGHT! DH is worried but I told him to stay at his meeting, there are folks here I can rely on if necessary. So here I sit, curtains drawn, cheating by posting online. Honestly, if I"m going to cheat and read, I really should grade, now that I'm not at work! 🤕

Well, I've gotten myself into quite the pickle. DH is in Boston (Sun-Thur) for a training meeting. This morning (Tuesday) as I was leaving the house for work, I caught my shoe on a screw that had raised on the front porch and fell down the steps! I managed to tap-dance down a couple of them but went flying down the last 2 or 3. Smacked my head pretty solidly, and I think I knocked myself out briefly- it's weird, but I don't really know. All I clearly recall is suddenly being out flat on the front walk, with a roaring noise in my head and blurry vision on the edge of one eye. That scared me enough so that once I knew I hadn't broken anything, I went to be checked out. Walk-in-Care says I have a minor concussion. I have a crazy headache, my palms are scraped up, my arms and shoulders hurt, and for some odd reason, so do my feet. As I was falling, I was thinking "Don't crash on your face- Wedding Pictures" and twisted so I wouldn't break my nose! I went to work and of course a good friend and colleague sent me right back home. I am not supposed to have screen time or do much else with my eyes until the headache clears, but I'm so bored, home all alone... until THURSDAY NIGHT! DH is worried but I told him to stay at his meeting, there are folks here I can rely on if necessary. So here I sit, curtains drawn, cheating by posting online. Honestly, if I"m going to cheat and read, I really should grade, now that I'm not at work! 🤕

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you're mostly okay but very worried about your concussion. Hopefully you are staying off screens now and will read this later. When it's safe to do so, please check in and let us know how you are. Thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery!

Oh no Leebee, that's terrible.:hug: You were absolutely right to get checked out. Did they give you anything for the headache? And no screen time??? What's next, leeches? That's not right;) Hope you feel better soon.

Oh no Leebee, that's terrible.:hug: You were absolutely right to get checked out. Did they give you anything for the headache? And no screen time??? What's next, leeches? That's not right;) Hope you feel better soon.

Reduced screen time. I am taking that to mean I can quickly check FB messages (DH's phone isn't working, so we are communicating thru messenger) every hour or so... and of course, here, too! The headache is actually lessening already, although my body is really starting to hurt. I am thinking about going to the gym in the morning, just to soak in the hot tub. 🛀 Right now, I'm going to go dig out the heating pad... I am really sore. Who knew the ground was so hard??:crazy2:

Wow, leebee. What a fall!!!! Please do take time to rest. If anything develops further, head to the doctor again. :hug:'s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter