Another paper pieceing ?

precious2flh

Mouseketeer
Which Disney characters to you do? I'm having a hard time finding coloring books that have the whole princess - standing up! If they are standing, they are much too detailed for me to work with. I've only done Pooh and Eeyore so I would love other suggestions...what or who have you done?

Thanks,
Wendy

Hi Wendy-

There are lots of online coloring books where you can print out the designs on your printer. I use those a lot for patterns. I recently did Chip and Dale, and that was a little bit of work finding them. I finally had to use a photo paint program to manipulate the image to get them the way I wanted them. I agree that coloring books and other "pattern" books (tole painting etc...) are about the easiest things to use for paper piecing patterns. Once you become comfortable with the technique, you start to see ideas for paper piecings everywhere and become pretty good at taking things apart, resizing, etc... to make your own patterns. Someone posted this link on another thread about paper piecing. It has some wonderful printable coloring sheets:

http://groups.msn.com/SnipSnipScrapbookingPatterns/disneyworld.msnw

Here are a couple of other websites with Disney coloring sheets:

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Island/8026/fabfive.html

http://www.cartooncritters.com/categories.htm

also, just using a seach engine and typing in "Mickey Mouse coloring page" for example might help you find some patterns.

I love paper piecing...It's about my favorite technique to use. I even have a whole business devoted to it. If you have any more questions, you are welcome to PM me and I would be glad to help.

Good Luck,
Candi

Good Luck,
Candi

I've done Mickey (several times), Minnie, Sebastian, Pooh, Chip, Eeyore, Ariel, Dumbo, Simba, Genie, Peter Pan, a castle snow globe, one of the Country Bears, Zazu, Pluto, and Tigger. That probably isn't all, but it's all I can think of at the moment.

From my experience, people are harder. The animals are a little more forgiving and faces are simpler to copy. Human hands are hard for me, too.

What princess are you thinking of? I might have something I could scan for you, once I learn how to scan with my new scanner. LOL!

Have you looked in picture books as well as coloring books? Maybe look for coloring pages on-line? You can always change the size of the picture you choose. I've also been known to put a flower or something appropriate in a hand, to make it easier to copy and tie it to my page.

MerryPoppins-
Don't forget about Mrs. Potts...the one I received from you in the swap was adorable!

:D Candi

I just wanted to thank everyone...especiall for the links!!! They were exactly what i was looking for! Thanks you so much!!!!!

I just completed a sleeping beauty paper piecing that was fairly simple to make, i created it from a coloring page found at

ivyjoy.com.

Just print the page and create the pieces. I use them alot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter