Another parking question...

linco711

DIS Veteran
We are DVC members. While we are there we have friends who would like to visit us for a drink. Would they be able to park near monkey pod for a few hours to avoid having to pay Aulani parking fee? Do you think that would be a possibility? They are old friends that we haven’t seen in years and we are really looking forward to seeing them. Thank you for any other options you may have in advance!

MonkeyPod doesn’t have its own car park - it is located in a strip mall and the parking is pretty limited. The mall is spread out over 2 sides of the road with parking on both sides. They have signs saying that it is for people using the shops only and that it is monitored however in our 10-ish visits I haven’t physically seen a security guard.

On either side of Aulani, there are public car parks fronting the lagoons. They may have to park in one of those and walk back to Aulani - there is a wide paved path connecting all the lagoons and hotels along the strip.

Aulani does have parking validation but I’m not sure of the limitations such as time etc.

Aulani does have parking validation but I’m not sure of the limitations such as time etc.

They validate for up to 2.5 hours if you spend at least $50 at one of the bars, gift shops, or restaurants--which isn't hard to do at Aulani prices. Also, day guest parking maxes out at $37 ($12 per hour).

The parking at Monkey Pod is pretty tight and I'd just have your friends park at Aulani.

They validate for up to 2.5 hours if you spend at least $50 at one of the bars, gift shops, or restaurants--which isn't hard to do at Aulani prices. Also, day guest parking maxes out at $37 ($12 per hour).

The parking at Monkey Pod is pretty tight and I'd just have your friends park at Aulani.

That’s great to know! So I’m assuming they just drive into Aulani and tell them who their visiting to get validated?

That’s great to know! So I’m assuming they just drive into Aulani and tell them who their visiting to get validated?

They don't validate for visiting a guest. If they want to self park, they can go directly to the parking garage (entrance is before they get to the front of the hotel) or they can just valet. Once they make their $50 purchase, they can take their receipt and parking ticket or valet stub to AMA AMA, the buffet, or the spa and they will validate the ticket or stub. Or save $13 and just pay to park if they don't plan on spending anything.

So in other words we can’t host them in our villa for dinner and drinks..whoever visits us has to pay. My daughter is getting married , though not at Disney and there are many friends traveling to Oahu for the ending that we would like to see for drinks and or dinner...sad to hear that Disney will make it so difficult. Whatever..we’ll just have to deal it’s it....many of us are staying right at Aulani though, but many did not want to pay Aulani prices🤷‍♀️ Thanks for clarifying..I appreciate it!

So in other words we can’t host them in our villa for dinner and drinks..whoever visits us has to pay.

People who are actually staying there have to pay too. Even DVC owners who are not using their points have to pay, regardless of all the money they've invested in Disney. Its a tourist area with limited parking, so parking costs are par for the course and not unique to Disney.

Don’t you get free parking for two cars per villa if staying on points? If so, could you list theirs as one of your vehicles?

Don’t you get free parking for two cars per villa if staying on points? If so, could you list theirs as one of your vehicles?
There is no listing that cars need to be added to. The way DVC parking works at Aulani is that you use your room key to access the garage.

There is no listing that cars need to be added to. The way DVC parking works at Aulani is that you use your room key to access the garage.
I see. I thought I remembered reading that villas (on points) were allowed two free cars each. That’s what I was trying to describe. We stayed on cash and I remember we just carded in and out.

We stayed on cash and I remember we just carded in and out.
It works the same for points stays. You card in and out. They just don't charge those staying on points. Don't think there is a limit to the number of vehicles, but there could be. Not sure only 2 vehicles would be enough for those staying in a grand villa.

First world problems ..... :crazy: I personally wouldn't have a problem paying parking if I was coming to visit someone at Aulani for whatever reason. It's pretty standard at resorts to pay parking at hotels (like WDW resorts).

2 bdr villa still only gives 2 cars parking...but the 3 bdr villas might give 3...doubtful, but possible. for the parking validation I believe it has to be on a single receipt for that day...but as long as its not a room charge I believe you could buy $50 worth of stuff (or pay for a meal) and it would count...not sure if they check the time on the receipt as well

another option might be to hold off on buying any souvenirs from the gift shop until the non aulani guests arrive, then make all the purchases then (splitting into $50ish chunks if needing more than 1 vehicle validation)

the public parking fronting the lagoons is supposed to close at sunset (it might close a little earlier or later...and they lock the gates) so if you try that option be careful of the time.

Just have them park in the garage and then go with them when they leave and use your key card to get them out. We have done it. Or put one of them on your room as a guest if you have more room to add one and get them their own key card. I’ve done that too.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter