Another personal appearance question

amberpi

DIS Veteran
Thinking about the "do you look older/younger" thread.

How many of you get regular botox, fillers, wear extensions, have had plastic surgery? Anyone brave enough to admit what they do?

I'll go out there and say I've been getting botox for about a decade. I did fillers once, and that was too expensive/hurt too much for me to do regularly.

Thinking about the "do you look older/younger" thread.

How many of you get regular botox, fillers, wear extensions, have had plastic surgery? Anyone brave enough to admit what they do?

I'll go out there and say I've been getting botox for about a decade. I did fillers once, and that was too expensive/hurt too much for me to do regularly.

I don't do any of those things. I also don't pluck my eyebrows, dye my hair, get mani/pedis or wear makeup. Ever.

And I'm often told that I look younger than I am. I don't know if that's true or not, and frankly, I don't care.

I get Botox injections every 3 months for migraines. They've helped tremendously and they're covered by insurance, thank God. A nice smooth forehead is a happy side effect, but I feel like I've earned it after years of chronic pain!

I have a laundry list of things id like to change, but I could never do medical cosmetic surgery.

I do wear makeup occasionally get nails done. Used to be ALL THE TIME. My nail tech was like a long lost sister, but she went home to Vietnam for Christmas and decided she wanted to stay with her family.
I used to color my hair but when my hormones went crazy I lost a LoT of hair. I decided to not tempt fate and haven't colored it since things straightened out and it came back.

I had braces as an adult. I have highlights put into my hair, not to cover the gray but to make it less visible in my naturally dark hair.

I don't wear makeup any longer. I haven't done a thing to my eyebrows in ages.

I do not care if I look old or young. I feel 19 most of the time, and that's what matters to me.

I have a laundry list of things id like to change, but I could never do medical cosmetic surgery.

I do wear makeup occasionally get nails done. Used to be ALL THE TIME. My nail tech was like a long lost sister, but she went home to Vietnam for Christmas and decided she wanted to stay with her family.
I used to color my hair but when my hormones went crazy I lost a LoT of hair. I decided to not tempt fate and haven't colored it since things straightened out and it came back.

I've thought many times about buying boobs, but could never do it. Would be nice:(

I feel for you! Glad it came back!

I lost a lot of hair while I was in the hospital and was/have been so tempted to get extensions, now I wear headbands pretty much all the time to keep those 2-3 inch little hairs under control. Any good ideas for the growing in phase?

I quit wearing makeup in my mid forties. Haven't missed it at all. Quit coloring my hair at 60 and am completely grey now. I am always complimented on the 'shades of grey' my hair is, lol. I don't think I have ever had a manicure, I keep my fingernails very very short. I do love a pedicure tho as my feet can get pretty raunchy looking without it.

I've thought many times about buying boobs, but could never do it. Would be nice:(

I feel for you! Glad it came back!

I lost a lot of hair while I was in the hospital and was/have been so tempted to get extensions, now I wear headbands pretty much all the time to keep those 2-3 inch little hairs under control. Any good ideas for the growing in phase?

Boobs I don't need help with. Mine was more ridiculous stuff like having ears altered and a nose job. Everyone tells me I have a cute nose though. I do think I have Dopey ears. If I wear a cap or visor I tuck them in!
As for my hair, I went through a stage of using hair ties, headbands, bobby pins, mousse, hair spray, hair gel in varying combinations to make it look normal.
Personally I also will use epsom salt in my hair once a week to get rid of oily buildup. I use my regular shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash. The last think I do is use plain epsom salt and rub in hair, on face, body to beat buildup and dead skin. After shower I lotion up. I find it makes my hair healthier and softer but it might be different for others.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter