Another personal appearance question

Its too bad those of us that want bigger breasts and those that want smaller can't arrange an exchange!
j

I would totally share with you if we could do it by magic and not surgery!

I don't pluck my eyebrows, color my hair, or do Botox.

I do wear makeup (most days) and I have had a manicure a couple of times, though I usually just do my own nails.

My haircut is really simple, as I like a little length and the flexibility of putting it up.

I'm pretty low maintenance overall.

Yes, I have had work done! (but you'd never know it)

The key is finding an excellent board certified cosmetic surgeon.

Last edited:
I've done Botox for about seven years and it's great. I'm now at the point where I need it much less frequently and don't have any wrinkles, so it has done its job and looks totally natural, or so I am told. I get fillers in my marionette lines about every 6-8 months, but have not needed it anywhere else so one vial is always more than enough. I am lucky to not need breast augmentation, as I am relatively tall and have a small frame and so what was given to me already looks plenty good, but even if it wasn't, I doubt I'd get it. Maybe a lift if they ever start to droop, but I don't think I'd want implants. I have not needed or wanted any other work done, either. I do have my hair done regularly, but I consider that maintenance and not having work done. Never had extensions, as my hair is already the length I want it.

I am 66 and have never done any of those things. I wear makeup every day and I color my hair. I am often told that I look young for my age. I have always avoided the sun and have good skin (thanks, Mom).

I get my hair colored and my brows tweezed, and that is it. I would love to go in for a breast reduction/lift, but don't want to deal with the recovery down time.

Nope, pretty happy with what I've got. If I do have any 'elective' surgery, it would be to get my deviated septum fixed, maybe the scar tissue on the back of my leg redone, (from melanoma surgery) and if botox would help my jaw migraines, maybe.

What I do - dye my hair sometimes, for the fun of a funky color, and get eyelash extensions that help prevent my migraines. They filter out a lot of the light rays that trigger my migraines. Can't wear sunglasses at work, and the lights there are harsh and give me at least one migraine a month. With the lashes, I've only had two migraines triggered at work over the last 9 months. Since the lashes are expensive, I've let them go over the summer (I work in a school) but will get them again soon.

No work done. I don't do my nails. Just neatly trimmed. My hair is naturally curly and starting to grey. Haven't dyed it yet and not sure I will. It is so healthy and I think I value that over having it coloured. I wear makeup if going out, but not on a day to day basis. Cleanse and moisturise daily.

Work out daily--cardio and weights. Pretty happy with my body at forty five. I'm okay with aging naturally. But I do want to take care of the body for strength, longevity and health reasons, not looks.

I do see having my varicose veins repaired soon. Carrying nearly eight pound twins did my legs in. Again, not for looks, but health. They don't bother me but I am concerned about clots.

I wear makeup most of the time, have my hair colored and/or highlighted every 6-8 weeks and eyebrows waxed. My hair is dark blonde, and I hate the natural color (lack of?), but I don't have any grey yet that I've noticed even between colorings. I have had 2 c-sections and I haven't been able to lose the evidence of it, but it is what it is, I can't afford to have a tummy tuck if I wanted to. I still weigh around 100 lbs and most people think I am younger than I am (I'll be 41 next week). I do run 3 times a week (not fast, but I go) and we eat healthy for the most part. I regret the many times my face was sunburned as a kid/teen, but nothing I can do about it now.

No surgery or botox... I use plenty of makeup, I color my hair regularly (out of necessity), I pluck plenty :rotfl2:

I am trying my best to look under 40.

Just curious about age for all who do Botox/fillers. Someone mentioned 30 but I was thinking people didn't "need" that until much later.

I am 36 and do not have any wrinkles. My mom just started getting wrinkles and she's 55. MIL has had a lot of wrinkles for years, but she has spent most of her life as a "sun worshipper" (using oil instead of sunblock, sitting outside in FL for hours, etc)

I'm glad people have options, but I really just don't foresee myself doing anything to alter my appearance. Part of that is maybe even just laziness. If I wash my face and use moisturizer, that's a good day. I don't have the mental energy to be concerned with following a daily skin regimen. I'm starting to get a little grey but I have no intention of dying my hair. For me, it just sounds like too much maintenance and an unnecessary expense. I recognize that other women look lovely with their hair done, but I simply don't care enough to justify the effort for myself. I wear makeup and dress nicely (when I leave the house), but that's about the extent for me.

As far as the age thing, most people assume DH and I are way younger (get carded, "too young" to have children yet, etc). Our oldest child is starting her second year at college and many people think we are only in our 20s. So, that may also play into my feelings about not caring if I look older.

Just curious about age for all who do Botox/fillers. Someone mentioned 30 but I was thinking people didn't "need" that until much later.

I am 36 and do not have any wrinkles. My mom just started getting wrinkles and she's 55. MIL has had a lot of wrinkles for years, but she has spent most of her life as a "sun worshipper" (using oil instead of sunblock, sitting outside in FL for hours, etc)

I'm glad people have options, but I really just don't foresee myself doing anything to alter my appearance. Part of that is maybe even just laziness. If I wash my face and use moisturizer, that's a good day. I don't have the mental energy to be concerned with following a daily skin regimen. I'm starting to get a little grey but I have no intention of dying my hair. For me, it just sounds like too much maintenance and an unnecessary expense. I recognize that other women look lovely with their hair done, but I simply don't care enough to justify the effort for myself. I wear makeup and dress nicely (when I leave the house), but that's about the extent for me.

As far as the age thing, most people assume DH and I are way younger (get carded, "too young" to have children yet, etc). Our oldest child is starting her second year at college and many people think we are only in our 20s. So, that may also play into my feelings about not caring if I look older.
This is me. I have no time for all the upkeep. I'm neat and tidy, clean, dress well, but that's where it ends. I loathe the fifteen minutes I have to spend at the hair stylist every three months.

Do my hair, nails, pedis, eyebrows........

My husband is not about plastic surgery..... he says we should grow old gracefully....... :sad2::sad2:

I seriously looked into fillers/botox right before my son's wedding in April and I read some reviews of side effects people had after and I chickened out.

I'm in my late 20s and haven't had any "work". I am not ruling it out though - in the future.

I do get my brows waxed, my hair done, and I get regular facials and massages. I wear makeup most days.

I am currently pregnant and don't get my hair done anymore (I know it's safe, I just figure it's one thing I can control). I don't miss it... I don't miss sitting in the chair for hours or the price tag. I'm not sure I'll dye/highlight after baby. It's been nice to not do anything but have it cut. :thumbsup2

I mention trying fillers in my early 30s. I am 51 now. In my 30s (pre kids) I was a hard core gym rat. I got my body fat down to 15%. My body looked great, but the marionette lines around my mouth were awful. I tried fillers to get rid of them. Didn't like the fillers at all - hurt and looked lumpy. A few years later I had my 2 kids and plumped up. Low and behold, the lines disappeared! At 51 I am too plump, but I have very few wrinkles. Part of it is the extra fat; part of it is my super oily skin. My dad also has the super oily skin, and at 79, he hardly has any wrinkles!

If I lost about 50 pounds and had a reduction to get rid of my massive chest (which probably holds another 16 lbs!). I would look like a different person body wise. I am working on it!

Last edited:
For those that asked about Botox/Fillers:

I started getting Botox at 26-27 because I read all the time as I've mentioned here previously and started getting wrinkles in between my eyes because of "squinching" my face and started getting headaches (not migraines, just regular ol tension headaches) every afternoon at work. Also, now I don't look perpetually surprised while reading. Decided to put a stop to both - tried botox and now, a decade later, no "squinch" lines and I can read all day and night. As for fillers, I did it once and didn't like the process, so never again.

I believe if it makes you happier, and you can afford it - do what you like:)

I have never had the desire to have any kind of work done on my face and/or body. I've seen some pretty bad stuff done to people, and don't understand how they think they look better than they did before.

I had my hair "frosted" once many years ago, but have never colored it. Rarely wear make-up. I'm a low maintenance kind of girl. :)

I've not had any work done. Not that I'm against it, I just have a doctor/hospital phobia, so I'm not going to voluntarily go to any kind of doctor for any reason.

After 3 kids (& breastfeeding 3 kids), if I didn't have the doctor/hospital-induced anxiety, I'd probably look into one of those "mommy makeovers" that I see advertised sometimes.

I do get my hair "done" (highlighted, cut, styled) regularly - not to cover gray, but, because, as I've gotten older, my naturally blonde hair has darkened, so I get it lightened & highlighted.

I wear makeup on a regular basis & never go outside of the house w/o at least putting on my lipstick - right now, Loreal Flamingo Pink.

(One night, while DH was at work, I had to call the local fire department because the kids & I smelled smoke which turned out to be a burning water heater element. While we waited for firefighters, I put my lipstick on.)

I was born w/ naturally good eyebrows, so I've never needed any waxing, tweezing, or threading.

My nails are always done, but I do them myself most of the time. Similar to my doctor/hospital phobia, I really don't like people poking & prodding at me - unless the person is my DH!

I put up w/ it for my hair (because I can't do it myself & I have an amazing stylist), but I can do my own fingernails & toenails. Currently, I have OPI "Do You Sea What I Sea" on my toenails & Essie "Bikini So Teeny" on my fingernails.

Occasionally, I'll get a pedicure.

No surgery or botox, cause I'm a chicken and my wrinkles (only a couole)are my bades of honor.

Eyebrow wax,because you should have 2.lol
I get pedicures (you have got to take care of your feet), fake nails cause I'm a mail biter other wise.
I need to get my hair cut and dyed so that willl be next week.
I loathe getting my hair cut, so then it will get so annoying I chop some off.

I don't wear make up, because I'm too lazy and I am still fierce without it,lol.

I would love to get fake eye lashes, but with my uncoordinated self would have one vertical lol.

I don't do anything "transformative." Get haircuts every 2 months... highlight or color sometimes, just depends on what I am in the mood for.

I wear BB cream and powder and eyeshadow when I put on makeup, which is rare. I've had one Mani/pedi in my life (before my wedding) and thought it was a waste of money.

I'll be 39 this year and have zero wrinkles. Don't hate...I burn easily so my face never sees the sun. LOL. Keeps me looking young. I look about 20 most of the time.

I have had 2 c sections and my breasts are super asymmetrical (which they always were but became more pronounced after nursing). I could use a boob job and a tummy tuck, but I REFUSE to do any type of elective surgery. I have had a lot of necessary surgeries over the years and I won't risk my life/health for vanity's sake. So I just live with it. Plus, I just can't imagine parting with that much money. I'd be looking at something like $10k and there are SO many better ways to spend that.

Luckily I don't have body image issues. I frankly don't care what people see when they look at me. I live my life for me, and the way I look doesn't bother me at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!