Another Praxis question for our DIS teachers

Debi

<font color=teal>I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a yea
I'm preparing to take the Praxis I test in about 3 weeks. I feel confident in all the areas except for one portion: the geometry section of the math test. How much weight/emphasis is placed on geometry? Any tips on this area? Geometry was definately my worst subject in high school, and I'm extremely nervous about this. Any help/advice?

I took the Praxis in 1995, and at that time they averaged all 4 categories to get a final number. So, if you didn't do well on one subject, a high score on another would boost the average. I don't know if they still calculate the score this way.

They waived that requirement since I already had a BS degree. But there are a few people I know in the program that are still struggling with it and they have 4.0 GPA's. My advice would be to buy a really good study guide and go over all areas even the ones you are confident with.

I took mine about 4 and a half years ago, so I don't remember exactly how much of anything was on it. I just looked through the Praxis study guide that I have and I don't see too much geometry in there, but like I said it's from a few years ago. I would go get a Praxis study guide. Most have practice tests in them. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I took this test about 2-3 years ago. I haven't had a geometry class for 20+ years. What I did have was a Theory of Arithmetic class that is required for Elementary majors. That class helped me the most.

I thought the was quite simple and I actually finished it within 30 minutes. I really don't remember a "section" of geometry, maybe a few questions thrown in here and there.

If you can get your hands on a 6th or 7th grade math book and just review the basics (%, decimals, fractions, area, volume, number series, factoring, etc) I think you should be fine.

Hope this helps a little!
Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter